Anyone TTC after mc and as scared as me?

sparklebunny

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new to this, but I had a mc in December and it totally took me by surprise. I have a 4 year old already and thought nothing of trying for number two with my fiancee. The first time was so effortless. But this time.... We got pregnant in December 2010 and after 2 days of finding out we lost it :cry:

I was 4 1/2 weeks

We were gutted I have just finished my first AF about four days ago. Was kind of happy when :witch: came....It meant everything inside was working itself out ok. She came exactly 28 days after my mc. So now we're trying again...but i'm scared i'll go through the same thing again...or worse never get pregnant again... We worked out my fertile days are 28th to 2 Feb and for the last few days we've been :sex: every morning!!!! Tmi???!! :blush:

....So, anyway! I'm hoping this is the month we get our :bfp:....it would make us so happy! :haha:

Any way if you wanna do this journey with me pack your bags lets go caus i'm guessing it's gonna be a bumpy one!

:dust: to everyone trying. I just know this is our year!

I am completely scared this time around. This will be the 4th time around for us. I am trying to stay positive and I am going to be praying A LOT if I am lucky enough to get pregnant again.

GL!

I just got a BFP and I'm so scared; I almost don't want to believe it too much in case it doesn't last again. DH started talking to my belly (Hey you in there--STICK!) I cracked up but I'm still afraid. I don't have much in the way of symptoms, so I'm worried that's a bad sign.
I hope this is your month and you have a healthy, stress-free pregnancy!

I guess I would say I'm scared...But mainly, I'm scared that its going to take forever again, and then its not going to work again...

I'm not currently TTC again at the moment, but i know that when we do i'm going to be so scared that it happens again. Hoping you all get BFP and healthy pregnancies.

Hello Ladies!! So nice to have some girlies to chat with! I'm so sorry for all your losses. It's the worst feeling in the world.

Lucia , i have a feeling thats how its going to work with me as i'm too stressed about actually conceiving. I hope this is our month!

jcg0506....CONGRATS!!! :Happy Dance: Thats brilliant. Don't stress, this one will stick, just maintain that calm!

Xpecta - I know exactly what you mean, i keep thining yeah sure i have a kid but that was 4 years ago, who knows whats gonna happen now, but we have to stay positive to get that :bfp:

xsamanthax even if you're not ttc ur welcome to stay and natter whenever!! When you're ready you'll know!

Bring on the :bfp: this month

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

I've just got bfp exactly 28 day after my miscarriage started. I'm terrified. It's a horrible feeling, now I'm scared it's too soon and I've fluffed it up by not waiting. But that's what I wanted. I don't feel the immense excitement I did when I got pregnant before (I lost at 11 weeks) just nervous and worried that even looking at a glass of wine will bring on a miscarriage. I guess you just have to let nature run it's course. The stress and worry can't be good for us eh? X

Hiya dannigirly! I'm so sorry you had to got through that. But...now you have a :bfp: to worry about!! Your body knows when it's ready thats all. I wanted to get pregnant straight after but it never happened. I would be the same though, worrying that I'd done it too soon, but it's true, stress and worry is useless to you now, you need to stay happy :smile: !! You will be ok. Maybe the previous pregnancy just wasn't meant to be

I guess I would say I'm scared...But mainly, I'm scared that its going to take forever again, and then its not going to work again...

that is exactly how i feel.

it took us 13 tries to get pregnant the first time, yet somehow, this second time around, each "no" has hurt so much worse. at the same time, i'm like, well, even if it were a "yes," would the baby live?

xsamanthax even if you're not ttc ur welcome to stay and natter whenever!! When you're ready you'll know!

Bring on the :bfp: this month

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Thank you hun! at the moment i can't even have :sex: but i think that is becasue i'm still testing :bfp:, once i get the :bfn: i think i will be happier about having :sex: again, I can't wait to TTC again, but i do know i want to wait for :af: to come and go first so i know my body has had time to heal :)

it took us 13 tries to get pregnant the first time, yet somehow, this second time around, each "no" has hurt so much worse. at the same time, i'm like, well, even if it were a "yes," would the baby live?

Yeah, it took us a year and a half. Then we got to celebrate for about a week and it was gone :(

And of course, it would just be terrifying if I got pregnant! Thinking that I could lose it at any moment!

I hope we both have our babies soon! How long ago did you have a miscarriage? And how far along were you, if you don't mind me asking?

@xsamanthaX ur welcome! I have to say I felt much better having had my first AF since. Don't rush anything, emotionally I'm still scared and obsessive over ever little twinge. Once you get that :bfn: it feels like you're back to square one...but in a good way. I've been having little twinges all day today and I keep having to remind myself that nothin works THAT fast!

hello all!

i am petrified that we won't be so lucky this time... we conceived straight away last time and I am scared that it won't happen that quickly again.

because of my mum's experiences as i was growing up, i didn't have the innocence of pregnancy so i'm not nervous about losing that next time and think i'll feel exactly the same when i'm pregnant again (i was petrified the whole way through and comparing each week / symptom to one of my mum's pregnancies).

i don't know how i will manage if we lose another pregnancy - part of me thinks i will end up in a loony bin and part of me thinks that i have lived through it once and will live through it again. it has hurt like hell but it has made DH and I even stronger than before, which i never thought was possible. we've both said that if we have 4 unsuccessful pregnancies in a row we'll look at adopting to save the heartache (we'd discussed having a biological child and an adopted child previously).

i'm waiting for af and then we're just going to go for it and try to handle it as well as we can! all we can do is hope for the best, i guess.

Sending you all lots of love and wishes for BFP if you don't have one yet and for successful pregnancies if you do! hope to see you all on the first trimester board soon (followed by 2nd, 3rd, parenting, etc!)

k.xx

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of new to this, but I had a mc in December and it totally took me by surprise. I have a 4 year old already and thought nothing of trying for number two with my fiancee. The first time was so effortless. But this time.... We got pregnant in December 2010 and after 2 days of finding out we lost it :cry:

I was 4 1/2 weeks

We were gutted I have just finished my first AF about four days ago. Was kind of happy when :witch: came....It meant everything inside was working itself out ok. She came exactly 28 days after my mc. So now we're trying again...but i'm scared i'll go through the same thing again...or worse never get pregnant again... We worked out my fertile days are 28th to 2 Feb and for the last few days we've been :sex: every morning!!!! Tmi???!! :blush:

....So, anyway! I'm hoping this is the month we get our :bfp:....it would make us so happy! :haha:

Any way if you wanna do this journey with me pack your bags lets go caus i'm guessing it's gonna be a bumpy one!

:dust: to everyone trying. I just know this is our year!

Hey hun,

I would love to join you on your journey!!
I had MC on 20 Dec and got AF exactly 4 weeks after. I am currently on CD12 and have also been :sex: everyday and will carry on until I know I have ovulated!

I already have a LO so was really shocked when it happened to me too!

Are you charting or using OPK's?

Baby dust to all
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

@ mummyk2b I'm so sorry you're going through all of this. I really hope that you have a chance but if adoption becomes an option then at least a little one is going to be loved more than it could ever imagine! I'll be here whenever you want to talk. It is impossible to imagine that m/c can lead you to so many emotions but i honestly don't think i'll ever be the same. For me it's the loss of that carefree attitude i had when i was pregnant the first time. If it's meant to be it will be. I'm going crazy too, so if you end up in the looney bin i'll be right there with you! :dust: to you in abundance! :hugs:

@Bellas mummy, Welcome! We m/c on the same day. How much did xmas suck?! i'm not using opk's or charting because i have a tendency to be obsessive about things as it is and i feel like it would send me loopy! but thats just me. I may still get to the point where i may have to start doing them. Part of me just hopes so much that after this cycle i'll be one of the lucky ones that gets pregnant. I'm meant to be most fertile on 2/3 Feb but we've been doing it for the last 3 days so we're taking a break til tomorrow/ monday and then i'll be back on the saddle...not literally! Unless i really have to spice things up! :rofl:

I'm exactly the same! I get very obsessive, if it doesn't happen this month I will be so sad! I feel like I am wishing my life away I just want to be in the TWW already!! I have been BD'ing the last 3 nites too, I usually ovulate about CD17 but just want to make sure I have everything covered just in case I OV early!!
xx

Yeah, it took us a year and a half. Then we got to celebrate for about a week and it was gone :(

And of course, it would just be terrifying if I got pregnant! Thinking that I could lose it at any moment!

I hope we both have our babies soon! How long ago did you have a miscarriage? And how far along were you, if you don't mind me asking?

yes!! i know what you mean - i told a friend of mine that if i do get pregnant again, i'll be asking them to knock me out senseless for 9 months. :laugh2:

i'm sorry you only had a week to celebrate. we had the baby until the last day of week 12, so we knew about it for two months. we lost the baby the end of october/completed the miscarriage in november.

good luck to you guys - let's hope that things work out very, very soon. :hugs:

I know i so want to be in the TWW, enough :sex: already!! :laugh2:

I have heard that some people have got pregnant right after having their period :shrug:

Would love it to be that easy....I almost feel like i should force some today just to make sure i cover my bases more!

:witch: better stay away from me this month (Feb) !! She is seriously not welcome!

I do not want to see the :witch: for at least 9 months!!

I tried straight away after MC and we :sex: everyday for a week and I was so gutted that it didn't happen but I think my body just needed to get back to normal.
Do you know when you ovulate?

FX'd for us!!
xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

HA! So right in 9 months she may and i say MAY be welcome! We really want 3....Just got a ticker to check when I ov! I have a 28/29 day cycle. After the mc it pretty much returned to normal so i'm guessing about 14 days before next AF....i really should know shouldn't I? but i only came off the pill after 5 years on it last Dec! I think that effects it in some way at the time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->