Anyone TTC not long after giving birth? breastfeeding??

I want you to join us too hunny, this is a lucky thread and its your turn for the luck now so come on thread and do your work xxx

babydeabreu you will be joining us soon I just know it! ave the Dr.s suggested giving you anything to bring on AF? Are you breastfeeding hun?

he didnt say hardly anything hun..its like i was the first woman to go in there and talk about period..umming and ahhing lol he was like we will do a test then goes ok its neg comes back next week if still no period then we will do a blood test then go from there...derbrain thats what i said to him at the start :dohh: is it me or are doctors getting worse..nothing beats doctors from back in the day. we had hardly any but boy where they helpful lol

i'm going on monday but will see a different doctor as this one was fresh of the boat and DIDNT NO NOTHING :shrug:

and yes hun i'm still breast feeding, but ive had 3 periods all fine around same date..could it still delay it though? xx

breastfeeding could definitely be a factor hun, but it shouldnt stop you from getting pregnant but it can make it harder, really hope you join us soon! x x

oh really i didnt know that..i will have to talk to the docs and see what they say. will ask to see a woman doc as men docs just dont get us lol

thanks hun xx

found this for you online!

Improve Your Chances of Getting Pregnant When Breastfeeding
Also, there are several things you can do to encourage the return of fertility:

» Space out the amount of time in between feeds when breastfeeding.
» Reduce or eliminate nighttime feeds, allowing at least one six-hour period without breastfeeding.
» Decrease the length of breastfeeding sessions.
» Include solid foods as part of your baby’s diet, up to approximately 25 percent.
Decreasing the total amount of time that you spend at breastfeeding will help you greatly in the return of your menstrual period. This in turn hints the return of fertility and possibly getting pregnant. But there are a few statistics to show that some breastfeeding mothers might still find it difficult to become pregnant as long as they breastfeed.

Keep in mind that during a baby’s first year of life, breast milk should still be the priority. If you do decide to make any changes at this time, be sure to do it gradually so as not to adversely affect your baby’s health. Before one year of age a baby that is weaned from the breast will need to be offered supplement (formula) for any missed feeds.

Once your period resumes, begin monitoring your cervical mucus and basal body temperature. You should also have sexual intercourse everyday or every other day during the time of your most fertile period of ovulation. In all probability you will soon be happily pregnant again.

I Love Social Bookmarking

SubscribeDiggdel.icio.usFacebookStumbleUpon

found this for you online!

Improve Your Chances of Getting Pregnant When Breastfeeding
Also, there are several things you can do to encourage the return of fertility:

» Space out the amount of time in between feeds when breastfeeding.
» Reduce or eliminate nighttime feeds, allowing at least one six-hour period without breastfeeding.
» Decrease the length of breastfeeding sessions.
» Include solid foods as part of your baby’s diet, up to approximately 25 percent.
Decreasing the total amount of time that you spend at breastfeeding will help you greatly in the return of your menstrual period. This in turn hints the return of fertility and possibly getting pregnant. But there are a few statistics to show that some breastfeeding mothers might still find it difficult to become pregnant as long as they breastfeed.

Keep in mind that during a baby’s first year of life, breast milk should still be the priority. If you do decide to make any changes at this time, be sure to do it gradually so as not to adversely affect your baby’s health. Before one year of age a baby that is weaned from the breast will need to be offered supplement (formula) for any missed feeds.

Once your period resumes, begin monitoring your cervical mucus and basal body temperature. You should also have sexual intercourse everyday or every other day during the time of your most fertile period of ovulation. In all probability you will soon be happily pregnant again.

I Love Social Bookmarking

SubscribeDiggdel.icio.usFacebookStumbleUpon

brilliant your a star. thanks for going out your way to find that for me. for some reason i just never thought that breasfeeding can slow things down. i think you just assume that its good for baby so its good all round but never mind. i'm not going to stop breastfeeding yet or decease it as he needs it, so looks like its going to be a long ttc for me then :cry:

Thanks again hun..i will read more about it now xxx

no hun i dont think it means alot longer ttc, loads of women fall pregnant while bfing i just dont want you thinking anythings wrong and a lot of what i read says that it only reduces ur chances for the first 6mths but ur baby is just over 6mths.

hi every1 ,this threads a bit quiet lately, how r u babydeabreu any news yet, well i`m out this month :witch: arrived promptly on 28 days so onwards to next cycle, this month i`m gonna take pre conceive vits and do opk`s , any of you other ladies used them and coz i never have which would be the best strength to go for and do they tell you ovulation is about to occur or that it has ? good luck baby hoping youve had good news by now and :dust: for sticky beans or any1 waiting

hi every1 ,this threads a bit quiet lately, how r u babydeabreu any news yet, well i`m out this month :witch: arrived promptly on 28 days so onwards to next cycle, this month i`m gonna take pre conceive vits and do opk`s , any of you other ladies used them and coz i never have which would be the best strength to go for and do they tell you ovulation is about to occur or that it has ? good luck baby hoping youve had good news by now and :dust: for sticky beans or any1 waiting

hey mary, sorry to hear your out hun, but glad that af finally showed for you too finally get back on track :hugs: :) hope you feeling ok xx

i'm going to be using clear blue ovulating kit...when af arrives i'll use it soon as it's has finished. making sure i'm charting till bfp gets here.

As for me i'm 28days late thats almost a month..i normally have my period 24/27 so not good!!

anywayz i went doctors yesterday they did a pt come back negative. but when i got home i started to get real bad pains on the left hand side of my pelvic area. ive been getting these on and off for about 4 days now, but last night the pain come on very stong like a tugging/pulling discomfort pain(not like period) and i still have it now.....so i went doctors this morning, was told to go hospital to get blood test and to get another test again on friday...they are not sure what the pain is..if its still there or worse then i might have a scan to see if its all good there. i'm so confused and getting very impatient :dohh: :wacko:

so its the waiting que for me still :wacko:

hope all you other ladies are keeping well :)
xx

Maryanne so sorry she got you. I havent been feeling great so Ive not been on too much. I never did OPK I was rubbish at them I used the Clearblue fertility monitor its so fab. BFP on 5th cycle with Cody and 7 cycles without it and with this one 13 cycles without and lucky 3rd/4th cycle with. GL for this month hun, lhope you join us soon :thumbup:

Lynsey hun....... (is that the right spelling) wow when is your blood test? Im still hoping its just not showing on a test. Was you late showing the last time? Its better to get checked out to see whats going on. You can then deal with it and move on if need be. At least if you knew either way you could get onto the next cycle :hugs:

xxxx

maryanne im so sorry the witch got you.

Lynsey i wish so much that you had an answer, im glad you have decided to temp because that way you should never have to go through this again. Did you ask your doc whether he would be willing to give you something to bring your period on? or are you just going to wait it out?

Thanks girls :)

yup thats the correct spelling hun, i know theres like 6 ways of spelling it lol

When i had my boy i tested 2 days before my af was due becasue i was getting pains in my left hand side only light and something was telling me that i was pregnant, dont no what but it made me test and i got my bfp...totally shocking that was!!

When i went doctors yesterday he told me due to breastfeeding still it can cause af to delay or even stop and the same with ovulating :growlmad: he didnt want to give me anything to bring it on as its not good whilst breastfeeding...so basically theres not alot i can do but give up bfeeding if i want to ovulate frequently and have a good cycle. i'm not going to do that as i'm going to breastfeed till hes atleast one!! lf af doesnt show thats probably why...BUT then why have i had 2 28days cycles with no problem? just strange if you ask me:dohh:

If this discomfort gets worse then i'll go hospital as just reading it could be something blocked in my ovaries or something etopic :dohh: who knows maybe i'm reading to much in to it....but when you've never had this before you kinda read what is might be!!

Gona have another blood test friday and see if the hcg levels from today and friday go any higher..if not then just have to wait it out ..fingers crossed i can join you girls soon xx

Thanks again for all your support, even though you girls got bfp you still here keeping me warm :hugs: xxx

xxxxx

maryanne sorry the :witch: got you.

Lyndsay I hope you get some answers soon and I agree you should stick with the bfeeding if that was your plan. I hope you stilll get a :bfp: soon

:hugs: xxx

Maryanne so sorry she got you. I havent been feeling great so Ive not been on too much. I never did OPK I was rubbish at them I used the Clearblue fertility monitor its so fab. BFP on 5th cycle with Cody and 7 cycles without it and with this one 13 cycles without and lucky 3rd/4th cycle with. GL for this month hun, lhope you join us soon :thumbup:

Lynsey hun....... (is that the right spelling) wow when is your blood test? Im still hoping its just not showing on a test. Was you late showing the last time? Its better to get checked out to see whats going on. You can then deal with it and move on if need be. At least if you knew either way you could get onto the next cycle :hugs:

xxxx
hi wantingagirl , hope your feeling better soon, i have thought alot about the clearblue fertility monitor but as i had just finished breastfeeding thought i mite try the opk`s for 1 cycle just to see if it shows anything on them before buying the cbfm, thats actually how i got onto this site i was looking for reviews on the cbfm and read 1 of the threads on here ,and it was getting good reveiws from a good number of women including first cycle success, so if all normal next cycle if i dont get a :bfp: this cycle i think i mite look on ebay and see if i can get 1
hey babydeabrue i have been looking at my past cycles since october while i was breastfeeding and i had the following 41, 28 ,37, and 28 day cycles with the 37 being the first after finishing the bf , but i remember with my 3rd pregnancy i was still breastfeeding and fell pg again when my little one was 8 months so its not impossible to get a :bfp: while bf, so i`ll keep my fx`d for us both that we soon both get a :bfp: and be on :cloud9:
good luck and lots of :dust:

hey gash how r u ? will you be finding out the babys sex this time

xxxx
hi wantingagirl , hope your feeling better soon, i have thought alot about the clearblue fertility monitor but as i had just finished breastfeeding thought i mite try the opk`s for 1 cycle just to see if it shows anything on them before buying the cbfm, thats actually how i got onto this site i was looking for reviews on the cbfm and read 1 of the threads on here ,and it was getting good reveiws from a good number of women including first cycle success, so if all normal next cycle if i dont get a :bfp: this cycle i think i mite look on ebay and see if i can get 1
hey babydeabrue i have been looking at my past cycles since october while i was breastfeeding and i had the following 41, 28 ,37, and 28 day cycles with the 37 being the first after finishing the bf , but i remember with my 3rd pregnancy i was still breastfeeding and fell pg again when my little one was 8 months so its not impossible to get a :bfp: while bf, so i`ll keep my fx`d for us both that we soon both get a :bfp: and be on :cloud9:
good luck and lots of :dust:

Thanks maryann...nice to know that theres some hope for me whilst bfeeding then. with me starting opk's today hopefully that will help me out alot. af still not here but i might as well use opks today and use them now untill amonth if af comes!!

good luck to us all eh x

hi maryanne Im well thanks, had an early scan today and saw a twinkling heartbeat. We have decided not to find out the sex this time (hoping my willpower holds out) we found out with DS so would like to see what the surprise is like this time xxx

yeah I did hunny the are on my journal if you want a nosey. Im only 8 weeks(ish) so it looks like a paint splodge :rofl: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->