anyone ttc or ntnp before there child is a year old?

LOL. You guys and your sexy gates. You're killing me over here! :haha:

Melissa, I definitely see lines on both of those tests! I'm getting excited for you, so I hope it's not for nothing! :)

Ooh, car shopping! Fun! I hope your car sells quickly, Heather, so that you can go out and find just what you're looking for.

Aw, Jordyn, I'm sorry. :( (Also, I almost just called you "Jordy." Whoops!) I wish I had some really good tips about sleeping and feeding. I remember one mom on here saying that she had to "entertain" her baby every time she fed her. Like sing songs and do little "dances" and such. It sounded exhausting, but I guess since it worked for her it was worth it. Also, I know lots of moms who end up buying either lactose free milk or goat's milk for their kids who have a cow's milk intolerance. That might be worth a shot?

And you don't have to apologize for being frustrated at the end of a hard day (or series of hard days). :)

Thanks ladies. DH offered to do the night shift last night, so I was able to sleep from 10pm-7am uninterrupted, and I feel like a new person! Of course, for DH he always sleeps better, so he only woke up once during that entire stretch. :dohh:

Of course, he also might have slept better because I was only giving him formula yesterday, no milk, in an attempt to figure out if milk is what's causing him issues. So I guess we'll have a better idea when it's my turn to get up with him tonight.

Melissa, I'm dying to see another test, over here! :winkwink:

Geez ladies it's been busy let me see if I can keep up lol if I forget someone sorry!!!

Melissa: I deff see a positive too. Please keep us updated!!

Heather: how exiting that that your looking for a new car for adding onto the family!!! I have been having prob with Jonathan since 17 months when he first started crawling out of the bed. He keeps getting out. I've thought using a sexy gate haha but I just know that he would climb over it. Let me know how it goes with Sam?

Jordyn: aww I'm sorry about Liam not eating well. Maybe it is a milk allergy. What solids does he eat? I know it's frustrating but all you cN do is just keep offering food from your meals. Offer and offer and eventually he will eAt it. I know on days that Eva doesn't eat as much solids during the day and more milk the worse nights she has. She usually does sleep through but every so often she will wake up. And like I said that's when she doesn't eat as much solids. I love your bump pic!! Happy late vday!!! I'm glad you got some sleep last night!

Rachel: that cracked me up about the sexy gait. I will have to try it although I'm sure that Jonathan will climb it some how lol. Can't wait to see pics!!

Afm my parents came and went. I already miss them. My kids loved seeing them. It rained all the days they were here and it's still raining. My dh got two of his wisdom teeth out on Monday. He is still bleeding alittle. Been to the doc they said his tooth was just difficult to take out and that he will be ok.

I got a offer to take over someone's at home daycare. The lady that watches Eva said she will be closing at the end of August. She said she is looking for someone to take over the daycare instead of her just closing. She said that the lady who owns the house she lives in wanted to keep that house with daycare. She only pays $800 a month for a three bed house with garage. That's because she does the daycare there. They said if I opened up my own daycare then the landlord would charge $200 for the first 3 months for rent the add $100 every month after that until it reached the $&00 so that I had alittle bit of a break while trying to get opened and settled. I'm at a loss of what to do. I've thought about it in the past but my house was never big enough. Now I have the chance. I'm just soo confused on if I should take this chance or no. Ugh. .....

Stacey, that's a tough decision! My mom did at-home daycare when my brother and I were little, and it was great because it made it possible for her to be with us, as opposed to being away at work, but on the other hand, my younger brother (who was a newborn when she started doing daycare) spent pretty much his whole first year of life being sick because of all the germs that the kids would bring. He even ended up with pneumonia at one point. So it has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Stacey, that is a really hard decision. I think it takes a special person to be able to open and run a daycare. I love my boys and love being around them but wouldn't want to watch someone else's kids 5 days a week for 8-12 hours a day. Your heart really has to be in it or else you'll hate it.

Our daycare provider has been doing it for 30 years and she loves it...its obvious or she shouldn't have stuck it out this long.

What does your DH think about the idea? Aren't you guys going to be moving soon?

Jordyn, I'm glad you got to get some rest and were feeling better yesterday! :flower: How is Liam today?

We sold my car last night so now we can start looking for something else. We are supposed to look at something tomorrow morning. Its kinda bittersweet to get rid of my car...it was the car that we took both the boys home from the hospital in. But on the other hand getting a larger SUV means we will have room for 1 more baby :happydance:

Heather, I hope you find the perfect car for your soon-to-be growing family. :winkwink:

Liam is doing pretty good. In fact, he's doing so good that I'm starting to think that it really may have been the milk causing issues. On the one hand, it would be great to have an answer, but on the other hand, I don't want him to have to deal with being lactose intolerant. :(

So a couple of days ago a switch got flipped and now my Irritable Uterus is in full swing again. I'll now get several through the day, and then by the evening they'll come every 10-15 minutes. Honestly though, I'm just thankful that I got this far with it being so easy, because I was worried that it would be worse than it is by now. And even now, it's still not that bad, because I haven't had them every 2-3 minutes like I did later on with Liam. So the moral of the story is, I'm not complaining yet. :flower:

Yay! Happy birthday, Ben! Party tomorrow? How's the car hunt going?

Jordyn, sorry to hear your uterus is back at it. Any complaining yet?

Stacey, that is a tough decision! I think you'd be great at running a daycare, but there are so many factors to consider.

Well, I think I finally o'd. Not that there is any chance of me being pregnant, but it it's nice it finally came. This turned into a loooong cycle, even for me.

Jimmy's been miserable this week, as he is getting his two middle top teeth. Oi.

Melissa, I'm dying to hear or see an update!

Yeah, Melissa, you can't just leave us all hanging like this! :winkwink:

Rachel, no complaining yet. I had the contractions coming every 6 minutes for an hour the other day and thought, "Psh, this nothing. When they're coming every 2-3 minutes, I'll give them more thought." :haha:

Happy Belated birthday, Ben! Although if you had listened to me, Heather, he'd have been born today on my birthday! ;)

Jordyn: I too am glad your not complaining yet. It's got to be Anoying to have that happen. Did you do anything special for your bday. May I ask how old you are now?

Rachel: yay for o ing. That has to be a good feeling knowing your cycle was pretty good!!!

Melissa. The anticipation is killing me lol

Heather: how was bens bday?

Well ladies I have decided to go ahead and do the daycare. I'm working on my pre licensing now. We are planning on moving to Texas but right now just doesn't seem like that time. Even though the cost of living down there is less we both would lose income moving down there. So the house we will be moving to is 1900 sqft. Much bigger then the house we are in now and she will only charge $800 a month. I can't remember if i wrote it but she said that she would charge $200 a month for 3 months then $300 a month for three montyn etc until we got to $800. That way my day care can get established so we will be able to save loads with that becUse I will still work in my job now until I become licensed!! I'm very exited. My biggest concern was what happens if I had to close because I was sick or a kid was sick. But I have soo much support I have a lot of substitutes that would fill in. I would have weekends and holidays off!! It just seems so great. And I would be making more doin it! It's a big change ladies so wish me luck ladies!!!

Good luck, Stacey! I hope it works out well for you and your family. And the best part is, you would get to be with your own kids all day, too. :flower:

As for me, my birthday was great. My younger brother came over to babysit for us so that we could go to the temple and then go out to dinner at Red Lobster (my favorite!). Oh, and I'm 26 now. :winkwink:

Happy belated birthday Jordyn! I'm glad you had a good birthday and got some quality time with your DH. :flower:

It's also good to hear you're not having a hard time with contractions yet. :thumbup:

Rachel, that's great news about Oing! Hopefully your cycles get sorted out soon. Did they go back to normal after having Ozzy?

Stacey, that's awesome news about the daycare! It sounds really exciting and has a lot of pros to doing it. How many kids will you have?

Well Ben's birthday was a lot of fun! Lots of people and kids running around all day. The boys were so tired they slept in till almost 10 this morning!

Ben got sick on Tuesday with croup so he didn't go to daycare till Friday. So he was my little work buddy. Which was really interesting to say the least...:wacko:

DHs birthday was on Sunday and we had a nice dinner as a family and hung out. We also bought a new truck that day :happydance: we got a 2001 Yukon XL. It's awesome and so big. I'm excited!

Today we went up to Big Bear. It's a mountain city/town near us and spent the day with the boys to get away from the heat.

It's been a busy week!

Here are some pictures

Big Bear lake:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/D513A68C-088E-4BE5-AD4C-468B232FA125_zpsepruhpkv.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/7F3BD596-90BA-482C-9B70-D95CF6209C97_zpspm78cucg.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/A1E5E33E-36BF-494E-B497-4575776AF02C_zpskku10l9h.jpg
Ben's birthday:
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/C9AE277B-9714-4B13-B2D3-368B7C3B71DD_zps8fx7s2sp.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/F9C646C6-5E16-46DD-9EFE-C97C24A2C76C_zpslhy6flnp.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/804DFBFA-4B27-47AD-AE8D-CBD3375FACFB_zpsna78povl.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/44461BBA-8065-4C11-AB64-0CE82DB0D5D1_zpsh8i7loes.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/8DEB9B1E-6DD1-4408-8E5B-5429EECF9D8D_zpswom0ihnz.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/7AD3EED8-244B-42EB-980F-B662F25BE0BC_zpsleevpoc1.jpg
Sam helped make Ben's cookies to bring to daycare
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/CA71C634-CD47-4489-8F2E-BD783138F384_zpspoigfvjd.jpg
DHs bday dinner. Last of his 20s!
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/7935E771-2FB3-4D1B-AC9F-A6088075B0CC_zps3n6rnkkj.jpg

Heather, it looks like you guys had a blast this weekend! I didn't realize your DH's birthday and Ben's birthday were so close! My DH just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago, too. :winkwink:

That trike looks so nice! I've been thinking about getting one for Alia, but we only have a small carport, so no real good place for her to ride.

So our big news today...Liam is officially walking! Here's the video from last night, when he finally just took off and started doing it (he had to wait until we were over at DH's parents house with all the family around. Little show-off :winkwink:)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100784103482408&saved

Go Liam!!! :happydance: how exciting that he's walking! He looks so proud of himself.

I met a friend at the park today with the boys. They had a blast but we didn't stay too long since it's super hot here! I'm ready for fall.

https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/EB77587C-60CB-4CD6-826B-756D3DED4A97_zpsf2l92gwq.jpg
https://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y498/Ciarkowski84/D49B9576-6A10-48BF-8070-95781BBB0DDE_zpslw6vboav.jpg

Cute pictures, Heather! It's always fun to have a friend around when you're out with the kids. :flower:

Well, do you ladies remember how I was wondering if Liam was having problems with milk? Well, we cut all milk out for a few weeks and he stopped throwing up, and then just to be sure that it was actually the milk causing he problem, we added some to his bottles last night to see what would happen. This morning he was fussier than usual, and when I went to change his diaper, I saw that he had hives on the inside of his thighs. So it sounds like it's not just lactose intolerance. It's an actual milk allergy. :(

What a bummer that Liam has a milk allergy. But at least you were able to pin point the problem! Could you try almond milk with him?

We used to give it to Sam and be did well with it. He doesn't have any milk allergies but we used it because of the hormones in milk.

It's been kinda quite lately! I hope everyone is well :flower:

Happy 3rd Tri, Jordyn! I can't believe how fast it is going. It seems like you just barely got your BFP. I hope you're well. :hugs:

Well, I thought about trying to wean Ben this week. I am not overly excited about it and honestly kinda sad :cry: ...on Tuesday night I didn't nurse him to sleep and he just fell asleep on me himself. Last night I couldn't bring myself to give him a sippy cup and I just BF him. He is still very interested so I feel like I don't want to take it away from him and I'm not really emotionally ready yet either. I just wish he would self wean when he is ready however I don't know if that will ever happen! :dohh:

Thanks, Heather! This pregnancy is going by fast and slow at the same time. I feel like the second trimester went by really slowly, but I think the third tri will move faster.

I'm sorry you're feeling so torn about weaning Ben. I still haven't had that good BFing experience, so it's hard to relate, but I think there's no rush if neither of you are ready to stop. Maybe just give it another month and see if he starts weaning, and if not, you can see how you feel about it then. :flower:

Here's my third tri bump pic. :flower:

Attachments

• WP_20140814_09_08_04_Pro (1).jpg
    WP_20140814_09_08_04_Pro (1).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member