Anyone ttc with a gender in mind?

LDC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone ttc for a specific gender? If so, what are you trying?

We have a dd and I would love a son (although wouldn't mind another dd) to have one of each.

I've read to increase chances to have sex on the day of and after ovulation. I'm unsure whether to try this or just go with the flow!

Anyone else?

X

We want to try for a girl :) but yes i have read that you wanna bd on the day of ovulation after our last baby was a boy and we had sex once when my opk was positive and we had a boy :)

Of course I will be happy with either or but I figured there is no harm in having fun and trying :)

We're hoping for a girl this time around since we have a son already, but I don't put much stock in the Shettles Method (or any gender swaying techniques), tbh. I hope you get your baby boy!

Hey, I was also trying to sway boy. Im trying to concieve my first baby. First month ttc we did sway (which I'll talk about) but I ended up miscarrying early the first month ttc. I got pregnant that first month though.
Here's my blue sway:
I used the BSF method. It stands for Baking Soda Finger. I dip my finger in water, dip it into baking soda, then put finger "inside". I did get a yeast infection but it wasn't that bad. I told my doctor she didn't think it was a big deal. But I got the yeast infection because I was doing this everyday 1 hour before BD. it increases PH and EWCM.

I was following the diet - no dairy. Eat lots of bananas, drink V8 fusion (vegetable) which is loaded with potassium.
Eat potassium and sodium and stay away from magnesium and calcium.

BD doggy style - allows sperms to be deposited closer to the cervix.
Let hubby drink coffee 1 hour before BD.

---------
You can also refrain from insemination 2 days before ovulation and BD on day of ovulation. I didn't do this because it would hinder my chances of getting pregnant. We BD everyday .

That was first month TTC in October and I miscarried a week after my BFP. So there's no way of knowing if my sway has worked. But now I'm not swaying anymore because I want to take a relaxed approach and not have to think about ttc let alone swaying.

Hope you get your Boy!

I'm hoping for a girl as i already have 2 boys and i'm near sure this will be my last but will be happy either way. This is only the 2nd month of trying, due to test this week. The only thing we did was try to avoid bd on O day because thats when my 2 sons were conceived lol.

Good luck to everyone.x

Both OH and I are hoping for a girl first time around, we have decided that we'll have 2 children max (all things going to plan) and we both want a little girl so we'd prefer her to come first. That means we can relax about #2 :haha: because we'd be happy with either for the 2nd.

Haven't decided whether we'll try to sway or not, yet. Probably should decide that soon :haha:

I agree with everything Taima said, we are also swaying for a boy ,at ovulation time I do BSF before BDing and I drink baking soda water and eat lots of bananas ,hubby drinks a monster energy drink 1 hour before BDing to give sperm a boost in energy. of course after trying for years I will be overjoyed with either gender, we mainly increase my PH to increase our chances of conceiving because acidic CM kills sperm.

A lot of the timing methods contradict each other. You have one method saying to only DTD a few days before O for a girl, but then another saying to avoid DTD completely until you have O and have sex in the 12 hours after for a girl.

When I concieved DD, it was on the day of ovulation (confirmed by ultrasound on day of O).

When I researched this (as would love another girl), I think the only thing that make things more favourable is your diet.

That's really interesting iiTTCii. I presumed that cos my 2 boys were conceived on O day i would have to do the opposite. Beginning to wonder if there is actually any truth in these methods or it really is just 50/50.

I agree doctordeesmrs - it's so interesting reading everyone's responses and the things that they are or have done, but like you say things seem to contradict each other.

With dd we dtd every other day throughout the cycle. I never knew much about the diet thing, although I tend to struggle with diet and don't quite fancy the thought of drinking baking soda!
Maybe it is pot luck? Which I guess keeps the fun in it!?

We lightly swayed for a girl this cycle. I was on calcium, magnesium, cranberry and such. Had our inseminations 7 and 5 days before O with no big O after inseminating, deposited the swimmers pretty shallow. Didn't have fertile cm so was pretty acidic down there. Totally wasn't expecting it to work as I Oed so late, but it did! Did the diet lightly - no bananas, apples, limit sodium, lots of milk...Was using lavender candles and body wash lol. Had the swimmers in a cup from donors place back to ours and put them between the boobs with the heat up to warm them as that sways girl.

Should get my panorama blood test results back next week and will see if baby is a little girl or not!

We are going to use OPKs, diet, and timing to hopefully get a boy. If anyone has any boy tips please share. Thanks!!

I agree with everything Taima said, we are also swaying for a boy ,at ovulation time I do BSF before BDing and I drink baking soda water and eat lots of bananas ,hubby drinks a monster energy drink 1 hour before BDing to give sperm a boost in energy. of course after trying for years I will be overjoyed with either gender, we mainly increase my PH to increase our chances of conceiving because acidic CM kills sperm.

I like the idea of drinking the baking soda. It would make everything internally alkaline, not just the vagina. I think the boy sway increases chance of conception which is why Im also gonna keep doing them. Although I don't have a gender preference. I didn't follow the BSF that religiously after my Chemical because it made me worry but definitely going to do it!

The Chinese calendar was right for my first but not my 2nd. So again seems to be 50/50.x

Anybody used chinese calender??

I didn't but I just checked for my dd and it was correct, says for a boy for my I'd need to try March and April... that feels too far away!

I think I'm going to try the timing of ovulation and I had a little read into diet (which is actually similar to what I eat now) so think I'll opt for these two.

The only thing is, I feel confident that I know when I'm ovulating (EWCM, I did temping with number one but don't want to think that much about it this time), but I feel like you lose a the chance to catch because you're avoiding it in the days/week before ovulation. does that sound silly?

I didn't but I just checked for my dd and it was correct, says for a boy for my I'd need to try March and April... that feels too far away!

I think I'm going to try the timing of ovulation and I had a little read into diet (which is actually similar to what I eat now) so think I'll opt for these two.

The only thing is, I feel confident that I know when I'm ovulating (EWCM, I did temping with number one but don't want to think that much about it this time), but I feel like you lose a the chance to catch because you're avoiding it in the days/week before ovulation. does that sound silly?

I think checking with ultrasound would be the best to know exactly when the egg ruptured so you don't waste the chance of the cycle

If your not in a hurry to get pregnant then try to BD only on ovulation day. This is actually the part of Boy sway that I didn't and wouldn't do(since I'm dying to have my first child). It's too much stress wondering if the swimmers had enough time to get up there. I like to BD the days before ovulation to make sure there are enough up there waiting for the egg. It does decrease chance of pregnancy IMO.
Good luck! Hope you get your boy!

Chinese gender calendar was right for my daughter. Hoping is accurate for a boy it says if I conceive January through April it should be a boy

Thought I'd update everyone. Got my panorama results back and our light pink sway worked! Team :pink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->