Anyone use frozen with success?

MariposaTam

Reaction score
My partner and I are currently WTT, it probably won't happen until 2015 but trying to be as set as possible-I know for us it will take more time. We had originally assumed we would have to go frozen as our KD unfortunately didn't work out, but after reading through various posts on here (mostly in the assisted conception forum) I'm afraid it would simply be a waste of money and time. I'm coming around to the idea of an online donor, but we haven't fully made a decision yet. It would help us to know if it really is possible to use frozen successfully, and perhaps advice and info if you'd be willing to share? Thanks guys!

I know! But somehow I'm not encouraged by the fact that it doesn't seem as successful on here. Honestly the whole idea of frozen stuff just stresses me out, because I feel like we would be under pressure to conceive on the first try because of money. At the same time, a known donor has its own set of problems-finding a reputable one, what about half siblings? How would that be managed? Oy. Thanks for replying though! I appreciate it :)

I am pregnant with my second child using frozen donor sperm (same donor). I took all the drugs, etc to conceive- but I'm thrilled with the results!

I am pregnant from frozen donor sperm. It took forever! Both my wife and I tried to conceive. This is our second donor. We tried ICI and IUI's for a total of 9 vials total over the course of the TTC phase. We quickly gave up the ICI's because IUI's have a greater success rate. My wife and I finally decided we needed a break from the craziness after our last vial would be used. But, I changed things up a bit this last time in order to increase our odds. 1) I had an HSG done before the 2nd to last attempt to make sure my tubes were open. I have a history of endometriosis. 2) We wanted to avoid clomid. But, I was desperate. So, this last cycle I took 25mg of clomid on days 5-9. 3) Because of the clomid, my OPK's showed I ovulated for FIVE DAYS! We thought I IUI'd too early. 4) We used two vials spaced 24 hours apart this last cycle. LO AND BEHOLD......Positive pregnancy test at 9 DPO. I'm not 5 weeks pregnant! :) Good luck!

Lol-ha ha! Congrats on your little bean and thanks for sharing your story. I think we have decided to use a donor instead of frozen because of cost and because of the lengthy-ness of the frozen process, we just don't have the time with my OH being 32 already and our process not starting until 2015. Thanks everyone for your input!

hi my partner and i are about to try next month using frozen, I am hoping it will be bfp but just going to keep everything crossed. This will be our first time trying and we are thinking about iui if ici doesnt work but willing to try for three months before making any decisions regarding that. I am also curious about clomid although think we will try just with frozen and see how we get on. Our friends concieved second try with frozen.. will keep you posted on our journey x

Hi there just saw your reply-thanks for sharing your story, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Its exciting to learn about someone who had success, did they try at home or in a clinic?

My girlfriend and I are. She is carrying omg we just got out of the 2ww and it killed us!!!! But yes we used frozen and got a home run first shot!!! Was scared it wouldn't work but it did!!! Stay positive. We just tested today and got a positive. So frozen sperm is just as good!!!!

Awesome news! Congratulations :D I saw that you did IUI-we were considering at home insemination with frozen sperm, but have since decided to use an online donor. Thanks and congratulations again! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Hi there! I know this is an old thread, but my recent experience is relevant so thought I would share!

I just did a frozen IUI. I chose IUI because, according to The Sperm Bank of California Insemination Methods and Outcomes, IUI is twice as likely to be successful.

The trick with frozen IUI is timing it correctly. The reason some people prefer fresh sperm is because it lives a lot longer so you don't have to be as precise with timing. Frozen sperm only lives inside the uterus for 6-12 hours, and as a result if you haven't od'd an egg in that time you won't conceive.

Personally- I started tracking my ovulation the month before I tried (since you have so much lead time I would track it for a few cycles). I knew that I ovulated the night that i had a positive on the OPK because I had very strong ovulation cramps that woke me in the night (thank you body!).

I did an unmedicated IUI with a midwife who came to my home. Because I suspected I would ovulate in the middle of the night she arrived just before midnight and did the IUI the same day I had my LH surge. She did it in my bed so I wouldn't have to move and I could go to sleep after. When she did it she complimented me on my timing as my cervix was in the perfect position for it. The IUI was completely painless for me and I didn't feel a thing.

I was so worried I'd timed it wrong and that I should have waited til the next morning so I knew the egg was waiting there. The 2ww was really stressful.

It worked out, however, as on day 12 I had my BFP!!

Just fyi- I used The Sperm Bank of California. I really like their low family limits. It turns out that my donor only donated for a very short period of time and so not many vials were released. There is a chance I'll be the only pregnancy from the donor or there will just be a couple of others, which is kinda unheard of in the world of buying frozen sperm.

Anyway- good luck with your journey!!! I wish you as much luck as I had in trying to conceive. I'm really lucky because I feel such strong pains with ovulation so I knew when to time my IUI. I hope you have as much luck in timing it!

Thank you so much for your reply, and congratulations! We have decided to use a known donor we found online and are proceeding to go ahead and start trying in July, with fresh sperm-but I hope that your reply helps someone out there.

You are definitely very lucky that everything has worked out for you and that your donor has limited vials. My body lets me know when I ovulate with pain and other symptoms etc. but unfortunately my partner (Tam) is having trouble pinpointing her ovulation time and she will be the one trying to conceive first. We've tried LH strips and still haven't gotten a real positive for her and are tracking using fertility friend but at this point I think we are going to purchase the clear blue monitor for at least June and of course July to get a clear picture on her ovulation.

Again, Congratulations and a H&H 9 months to you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"