Anyone use maca root to increase sex drive in OH?

L

ladycherry

Title says most of it really. Been reading about Maca and it sounds really interesting, just be interested to see if anyone else has used it for their OH?

I haven't used it yet, but just ordered it online about 5 minutes ago! Hubs has a very low sex drive, so we'll see, I'll keep you posted! :)

I just ordered this as well! Hoping it will increase DH's libido and from what I've ready it could help his swimmers....we are on Cycle 9 of TTC#2, we haven't had any testing done, but figured it couldn't hurt!

Let me know how it goes for you chipper :) GL!!!

sounds good, and you do the same!

xx

Mines arrived today too so I'll keep you guys updated! What dosage are you giving your OH and also are you taking it yourselves too?

I haven't decided if I should take or not....My cycles are very regular so I would hate to take anything that could mess them up. I did order 2 bottles of capsules in case I do decide to take them. Maybe I'll sit them out this cycle and try them next, they did say it may help with egg health so that couldn't hurt. I am going to read the bottle once I recieve and talk over with my DH how much he should and is willing to take :winkwink:

Definately let me know how it goes for you guys, You'll have a few days head start on us! are you going to be taking it?

I haven't decided if I should take or not....My cycles are very regular so I would hate to take anything that could mess them up. I did order 2 bottles of capsules in case I do decide to take them. Maybe I'll sit them out this cycle and try them next, they did say it may help with egg health so that couldn't hurt. I am going to read the bottle once I recieve and talk over with my DH how much he should and is willing to take :winkwink:

Definately let me know how it goes for you guys, You'll have a few days head start on us! are you going to be taking it?

I'm the same, periods are very regular so I don't want to mess that up, also I had read that if you are a coldsore sufferer Maca can increase chances of a flare up due to the arginine in it so that puts me off a bit. Going to read up some more.

My OH seems a bit reluctant to take, thinks its unlikely to work so I have my work cut out to get him to take it!

My capsules are 910mg per tablet which is quite high I think?

My shipping on my order got messed up... arghhh! They shipped it to my OLD address, and at my old apartment they say they never got anything, but was marked as delivered... FRUSTRATED! I ordered Maca along with Fertility Blend- spent over 35 bucks, now it's disappeared! Grr!

oh no Pinkhope! that sucks! have you tried calling to see if they would re-send?

Ladycherry - i think that dosage is on the high side - my order was delivered on Friday and they are 500 mg and it says to take 1 or 2 a day. DH is on board to take it twice a day..Wahoo! He started taking that evening, but then I got a positive OPK yesterday so it's probably too late for it to help this cycle, oh well.

Just checking on the status of you ladies - how's the maca?

After thinking about this, I think I may take it if I don't bet my BFP this cycle. Been trying for 10 mos now...what could it hurt? I will take the chance of it messing with my cycles if it gets me the result that I want :winkwink: If I find it is making my cycle squirrely, then I just quit taking it....

xx

Got our Maca & Fertility Blend Men today... DH actually seemed happy to start taking them... wahooo!! :happydance:

I should O on the 15th-16th, so doubt anything will be in his system long enough to make a difference, but fingers crossed that we're on the right path here!

@Chipper -I'm wondering if I should take it too, I'm not sure... I have already regulated my cycles with Metformin, but Maca does claim to be good for overall reproductive health, so we'll see. I might give it a try, still not sure. Maybe next cycle if there's no BFP by then.

Any updates ladies? I haven't noticed any difference at all with DH :cry:

I didn't start taking it, which is probably a good thing, because the last thing I need is a higher sex drive when DH is constantly not into it... :(

So tired of this battle!!!

I used maca root on myself after ttc for 2 years & it certainly did increase my sex drive :thumbup:

Cx

How's the maca going, any positive results with your oh's? I'm thinking about getting mine to try it.

i do think it did help DH..he usually was only good for one "go-round" around O time...the cycle we got our BFP, we were able to BD 3 times around O. So I think it did help in our case. HTH and GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->