Anyone used hungry baby milk around 6 weeks old?

klcuk3

Mummy to two Munchkins
Reaction score
My LO is coming up to 6 weeks old. Since Wednesday I've been trying hungry baby milk with her as the HV advised that this might help her go a little longer than 2-3 hours between bottles. Some feeds its a struggle to get 2 hours inbetween. Well it doesn't seem to have made a difference and she seems really uncomfortable.

Has anyone used it from an early age and had it help space feeds? Should I give it a llittle more time or go back to first milk? I'm thinking more towards using first milk again as there's not much difference and she's very windy x

Hungry milk is much heavier on their lil tummy and can cause constipation and wind. A woman I was doing a course with was using it for her baby and had a lot of problems, it just didn't agree with me. Then on the or hand, my niece used it for her LO and she was great. I think it definitely depends on the baby.

2-3 hours is perfectly normal for a 6 week old. I would scrap thr hungry baby and go back to 1st milk, hungry baby can lead to constipation and tummy ache

My LO has never gone longer than 3 hours between feeds during the day. Since birth she is very hungry and a big baby, I turned to hungry baby milk at 10 weeks old, it's stopped her screaming for milk, but still feeds every 2 hours! That's just her pattern and your LO might be the same.
She sleeps right through the night though, so hang on in there! It gets better!
Hungry baby milk did cause her to be constipated for 3 days. Xx

yes i used it since 3 weeks!

LO was feeding every hour he was drinking that much he would sick everywhere constantly! now he still drinks alot but nowhere nr as much

My LO has used it since 2 weeks old. It really helped with her reflux as its thicker. She has never been constipated and I've never had any issues with it. She has always gone 4 hours between feeds during the day and longer at night.

I've use it with both of mine from 1-2 weeks old, def keeps them fuller for longer. My LO is 4 weeks now and we get a 5 hour stretch at night which is nice!

I used it from 4 weeks, my LO kept feeding and feeding because he wasn't satisfied then throwing the lot back up, the hungry baby milk kept him from drinking quantities his small stomach couldn't handle

We started at 8 weeks with hungry baby due to him taking 40oz a day and making himself really sick. Time wise I'd say 2-3 hours is normal so if that was the reason I'd say stick with first as hungry is defo heavier and harder on small tummies. However if your baby is taking lots and lots of milk like my little boy was I'd recommend it, however it didn't make him go any longer between feeds just reduced the amount he was wanting (as it's slower to digest) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->