Anyone used Wonderoos?

im_mi

Crunchy mama!
Reaction score
I am a cloth bum novice but i have the opportunity to buy some brand new Wonderoos from a friend. its a set she bought with 2 different sizes. one size will fit my toddler now, and the smaller size i will use with Flump when he/she makes an appearance!

she only wants £40 for them which is a bargain but i just wanted to hear what other people thought of them before i take the plunge and buy them? i know that different babies suit different nappies but i just wanted to know if there are any flaws in the design that i should be looking out for? like, do they take forever to dry? can i tumble them? will the clothes fit over them properly?

thanks guys!

Hiya,

I have a few Wonderoos, I didn't realise they came in different sizes though? You learn something new everyday LOL.

I really like them and they work really well for Cassidy but they are rather bulky and I have to plan carefully what I put on her and also any spare clothes I take out with me if using the Wonderoos. They work great as a night time nappy for us and most of her pyjamas fit okay over them.

xxx

yeah i thought they looked quite bulky in the picture... thats good to hear that they are good at night time though, perhaps if we do get them we could just use them then.

my wonderroos are the bulkiest btp nappy i have, i also find the fit really big and a little baggy. Will fit a toddler really well but my LO is about 18 lbs now and i still don't get a nice fit at all.

however, each baby is different - how many nappies for the £40? you can always sell them if they don't float your boat.

hmm... thats interesting to know. she said there are 6 nappies, 12 small inners and 11 large ones. and 10 liners. I think i must have got the wrong end of the stick haha as yes, they are btp nappies not different sizes! i must admit i am a little apprehensive about spending £40 on 6 nappies... although i guess thats a pretty good price for AIO's, i would rather get fuzzibunz or a similar brand that are very highly rated.

I have 5 Wonderoos and have used them since about 4 months. They are more bulky than my other birth to potty nappies (Fuzzi Buns and BG) but it doesnt bother me. From 4 months until 9 months i only had to use one of the inserts during the day so that helped make them smaller and having an extra insert to use in my BGs overnight was helpful. After 9 months i had to use both inserts but by son was alot bigger then. I havent had any leaks with them and they dont show any wear yet (unlike my BGS with velcro). The large size of them may be an advantage as my LO gets older as he is very long and I have to wear alot of his other birth to potty nappies on the largest settings already.

If you dont mind a slightly bulky nappy then I would go for it, if the large size bothers you then maybe just pass. I know that alot of people dont seem to like them much but I havent had any problems with them.

I'm sure Wonderoos only come in one size, and TB I don't like them either. They aren't a good fit on little ones, and don't seem to fit my tall toddler - bum hangs out like a workman's!
I have found a similar one called the p'tits Dessous mini-maxi, and that's a much better fit both little and big. It goes much longer, so we don't get the bum hanging out, and it fitted much smaller as well. They were more expensive than the Wonderoos, but have been worth every penny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->