Anyone using Cow and Gate Comfort?

littlekitten8

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
We have switched James to this formulas as he seems to have a lactose intolerance. The milk is working but I'm having problems with it blocking the teat. I'm already using size 2 teats so any ideas would be much appreciated!

i found the same too - that stuff needs a reeeeeeeeeeeeeally good shake!

Yeah looks like little crystals in the bottle. He gets so frustrated with it and just screams.

its very much like putting gaviscon in regular formula - it can be thicker!

Did you find that Alex took less of it than normal formula? James is only taking roughly 3oz.

Hard to say, because she had bad reflux when we used it, so she wasnt interested in anything!

Have you just started using it?

When we tried using Aptamil Comfort, we had the same problem. It has sort of... bits in the milk, and they were blocking our stage 2 teats. We actually went to using stage 3 teats (we were on TT CTN bottles at that point) which worked fine. The problem was solved by our baby being worse on the Comfort milk than on the normal stuff :blush:

What bottles are you using? I know Dr Browns do teats which are specifically designed for "thicker" milks, like hungry baby or comfort formula.

We are using Tommee Tippee CTN bottles too Eala. James is alot better on the Comfort milk. Its low lactose and thats what we think has been causing the problem. He is now back to smiling and chatting and giggling, and is settling himself to sleep again. He was inconsolable for a week and the drs wouldnt listen and just kept saying it was colic despite DSS, my niece and OHs niece all being lactose intolerant.

Glad that James is doing better on the comfort formula, that's fab that he's smiling again :thumbup:

Maybe worth getting a pack of size 3 teats to see how he gets on? Or, if you like (and I won't be offended if you'd rather not), I've got a set of 2 size 3 teats for TT CTN bottles which were used for all of 2 or 3 days. I'd be happy to send you them. As I said, our LO didn't agree with the Comfort formula, and is now on Dr Brown bottles anyway, so I have no use for them.

Actually that would be great Eala. I'm off to bed now but if you send me a PM to remind me I will send you my address. Thanks hun x

We're using Aptamil comfort and with stage 3 teats.
At first we had problems with blocked holes and the milk having "bits" in it.
It turns out you need the water hot enough to disolve the milk.
We now don't have any problems with blocked holes.

i just had to use this today again as we ran out of gaviscon, and i dont get how this milk worked fine with my teats before and now, theres no way.

ive had to water it down a teeny bit (HV recommended it anyway for her bowels) but jeezo!

Lol oh dear. I have been getting on a bit better with it although giving myself clicky wrists from shaking the damn bottles so much lol.

I tried again and did add the powder to warmer than usual water, which helped, and i only shaved of 1/2 a spoon of powder for alexs own benefit so maybe........

My lo is lactose intalarant and cant have this was taken off it by gp ...infasoya is whats shes on now x

My lo is lactose intalarant and cant have this was taken off it by gp ...infasoya is whats shes on now x

My LO got a confirmed diagnoses of lactose intolerance today, it had been on the cards for a few weeks now and the GP had put LO on colief to reduce the amount of lactose in the milk, whilst they waited for her to be 12 weeks old to see whether it was just an immature digestive system, or a true intolerance. As they dont believe in changing to soya or lactose free formula until an intolerance has been confirmed

As LO was in NICU after she was born she was due to see the paediatrician for review at our local hospital and they tested her for the intolerance. Initial tests have confirmed lactose intolerance and we now have lactose free milk on prescription just waiting for the last result to come back.

serina27 how old is your LO? Have they said whether your LO's intolerance is temporary or do they not know yet?

James is due to see the dr on Tuesday so I will be speaking to her about getting him onto a lactose free milk or whether to keep him on this milk. Obviously with so many in our family being lactose intolerant or other intolerances its pretty much a given. My nieces both ended up on SMA Wysoy but that was a couple of years ago and there are many more milks available now so we will see what they want to put him on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->