Anyone using raspberry leaf tea?

bluecathy1978

Mum to 6 kids & 2 angels
Reaction score
I started drinking raspberry leaf tea yesterday and had 4 cups. Not drunk any yet today as I have woken up feeling very sick and have also had diarrhoea.
Has anyone else suffered any similar effects or could it be something else troubling me?

No Braxton hicks whatsoever!

I started drinking raspberry leaf tea yesterday and had 4 cups. Not drunk any yet today as I have woken up feeling very sick and have also had diarrhoea.
Has anyone else suffered any similar effects or could it be something else troubling me?

No Braxton hicks whatsoever!

I think you need to drink it for lengthy period if time as it builds up in your body and ut helps with pushing stage and not inducing labour
Might be you drank it too much in one day or its just coincidence and your body preparing for labour?

I was drinking it 2-3 cups a day from 36 weeks last time, not sure if it was the reson, but pushing was litteraly 5 min
Started this time from 37 weeks as baby was breech before, but not side effects as such, as i am sticking to few cups a day,
Cant drink more of that stuff

My baby was breech too until 36 weeks but thankfully she has turned. I am just trying things that might help me be prepared as I am being induced next Thursday but having a sweep on Tuesday. This is my 7th baby so once things get going it generally only takes me a few hours and pushing shouldn't last long either.
My last baby though was born by emcs as he flipped around into a transverse position when I was being induced. Hoping for my 2nd vbac 😁

My baby was breech too until 36 weeks but thankfully she has turned. I am just trying things that might help me be prepared as I am being induced next Thursday but having a sweep on Tuesday. This is my 7th baby so once things get going it generally only takes me a few hours and pushing shouldn't last long either.

My last baby though was born by emcs as he flipped around into a transverse position when I was being induced. Hoping for my 2nd vbac 😁

Oh, dont overdo it on RLT :) you still want to make it to the hospital i pressume :)
Good luck, at least you have dates to go by. Might be try less cups of RLT? It does make my stomuch uncomfortable if i drink it on empty

Me :) ive been drinking 2 cups a day since 32 weeks & upped to 4 cups since 37 weeks. I'm really hoping it helps my labour as it supposedly 'trains' your uterus so contractions are more effective meaning pushing is nice & quick. I guess that's why you've had a reaction to it as its something that needs to be introduced slowly.

When I go into labour I'll be taking a very strong flask of it to drink at the hospital as its supposed to really help things along.

My advice would be to keep it at 2 cups for now, maybe up to 3 when you feel like it's agreeing with you.

Yeah I've been drinking it since 30 weeks, just moved on to two cups a day around a week ago. It makes my bump go hard sometimes, but that's about it. I don't think it's meant to be effective at making your labour start earlier, but it's meant to help tone your uterine muscles for more effective contractions, which could possibly shorten your labour.

I believe you need to start out in smaller amounts and work your way up to a few cups. I'm almost through my box. Been drinking it for a few weeks now. But I've just been drinking one cup a day.

I drank 1-2 cups per day from 34 weeks with my last pregnancy and waters broke @ 38+4. I also used EPO tho. The tea is supposed to tone your uterus for contractions and pushing so even if it doesn't throw you into labor sooner than you would have, couldn't hurt. Tastes foul tho in my opinion

The one I bought is from Holland and Barrett and tastes lovely. I think the brand is heath and heather?

Someone online told me the one from Holland and Barrett won't work at well because it's not pure RRL, it's an infusion. So I've brought the tablets, they were only like £5 from ebay for 60.

I'm using it again and it's the 1 from Holland and Barrett too! Not sure if it was a coincidence or the tea but the pushing stage was only 15 minutes for me so I'm trying again this time!

I have also been drinking 1-2 cups a day of the Holland and Barrett RL Tea. I have been doing so since 32 weeks. I like the taste but often add some fresh lime juice to it to give it a bit of zing!

Got 2 more packs of 20 teabags from H&B, organic RLT is on penny sale at the moment
They run out of RLT capsules, so hope tea will work fine, as last time :)
Is anyone taking Evening primrose oil? Internally or externally?

I plan on started to take 1 capsule of EPO orally daily from 35 weeks and then 1 orally and 1 vaginally at 36 weeks and then increase to 2 vaginally and 2 orally from 37 weeks. I saw that someone on youtube did that as that's what her midwife suggested. I would ask my midwife her opinion but she doesn't seem keen on natural methods !

I didn't have any bad side effects and I can promise you if I ever have any more children, I will use this stuff again!!!! It was a miracle herb for me...I have had two previous labors In Which I never even heard about rrlt, I decided to try it this time and whoa!!! My water broke and baby was out in 5 minutes :!: I started drinking it around 33 weeks and was having around 4 cups a day, the midwife and nurses were surprised about how firm my uterus was.

I drank RRLT in my previous pregnancy, and have started drinking it again this pregnancy as well. I started at 28 weeks with just 1 cup, but now that I'm nearly 32 weeks I should bump it up to 2-3 cups.

The pushing stage with my son after drinking RRLT since 20 weeks was very quick and easy, and my uterus shrank back down quickly as well. Hoping it will have great effects this time as well

I am not drinking it, yet. I keep reading things about it, and finally yesterday, I asked my doula about it. And I think, and she thinks it would be a fantastic idea I start drinking it. So, I will be buying some soon. I looked for some at the store closest to me yesterday, but they did not seem to have it.

I had to buy mine at a Vitamin store. I dont believe they sell it at the grocery store.

I drank raspberry leaf tea my last pregnancy. I've been drinking it this pregnancy since 27 weeks, only 1 cup a day, although some days I forget lol. I'll up it to 2 cups a day in a few weeks.

I plan to start taking epo capsules around 35 or 36 weeks. I also plan to start eating dates around that time.

I got my tea today. I am sipping down first cup now. How many cups a day should I have at this point of time? Or, better question is, how many cups is too many?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->