Anyone waiting for August/September?

PeasnCarrot

Reaction score
Is anyone waiting to start trying in August or September? The wait is driving me crazy but I'm being a good girl and taking my folic acid and looking after myself well with a healthy diet and trips to the gym between now and then. I'd love to start now but we've got a holiday to Las Vegas booked in September :haha:

Hi, I was hoping to start in the summer, but thinking it's more likely the Autumn now! My OH would like to be married first, but as I'm 34 this year I kind of feel I've waited long enough and I want a baby. I'd love to be married first but he hasn't asked yet so doesn't look likely. Maybe I'm being incredibly selfish? I don't know anymore. I just feel that if I'm not pregnant, or at least trying, buy Christmas I'm going to explode!

Not selfish at all hunnie, I totally understand how you feel! I'm 36 at the moment and desperate to start trying, my DH has been the one dragging his heels but we had a huge heart to heart a few weeks ago and he said that he was ready to start trying. I think he knew I was getting to the end of my tether with waiting! We've got a couple of big holidays coming up this year hence why we're waiting another few months before we start ttc.

Well, he's only gone and bloody done it!! So now started to pencil in a late summer early autumn wedding ready for baby making on the honeymoon!!!! I just can't believe it, and now I have a wedding to plan and obsess over hopefully I can try my best to put my broodyness in a box until after the wedding! x

I am planning to wait until end of August too. I turn 30 on the 22nd of August and then we will be trying for #6 :)
Congratulations on your engagement!!! lots of fun, amazing, exciting times ahead for you ;)
xxx

Exciting times BB!! Wedding planning will definitely keep you busy, are you UK based or elsewhere in the world?

Hi Xuxa, welcome! I admire you trying for your 6th, I doubt very much that I would have the patience for 6 little ones lol

Hi, yes uk based. Lots to do, trying not to get totally OTT already but the first job is to think about who we want to invite, which means fiancé (so odd!! Lol) sitting down and writing a list. I think he considers that he's done the hard bit and pretty much said he'll turn up on the day and the rest is over to me!! Lol. Only kidding, he'll participate, but can't imagine he'll want to be dragged around wedding shows or florists, but that's what bridesmaids are for! X

Hi, yes uk based. Lots to do, trying not to get totally OTT already but the first job is to think about who we want to invite, which means fiancé (so odd!! Lol) sitting down and writing a list. I think he considers that he's done the hard bit and pretty much said he'll turn up on the day and the rest is over to me!! Lol. Only kidding, he'll participate, but can't imagine he'll want to be dragged around wedding shows or florists, but that's what bridesmaids are for! X

You're going to have so much fun! My mum, dad and I went to all the wedding fairs and visited venues etc because my DH was working away. He helped as much as he could but it normally came to a case of me picking three potentials (for save the dates, music etc) and letting him chose one of those. We're UK based too and I'm always around if you need tips/help researching something :thumbup:

Me! We'll be trying for #2 at end of August/beginning of September depending on when my cycle hits. I think we'd love to start now, but we have a trip to Florida planned at the end of August and no way do I want to be heavily pregnant in that Florida heat. One last hurrah trip with my daughter before she gets a sibling!

Me! We'll be trying for #2 at end of August/beginning of December depending on when my cycle hits. I think we'd love to start now, but we have a trip to Florida planned at the end of August and no way do I want to be heavily pregnant in that Florida heat. One last hurrah trip with my daughter before she gets a sibling!

We're the same, we've got a holiday to Las Vegas booked for our anniversary in September and there's no way I could deal with the heat if I was pregnant xx

Wow I'm so excited for everybody, let's all hope we are all pregnant by Christmas!! What a fabulous end to the year that will be! X

Wow I'm so excited for everybody, let's all hope we are all pregnant by Christmas!! What a fabulous end to the year that will be! X

My dad's birthday is the 1st November so fingers very much crossed that we can give him some good news on his birthday :happydance:

We're hoping to try for #1 starting in September or so. It seems so long away!

Hi everyone. My partner and I have a trip planned to the US in September then hope to start trying ASAP. Bit worried about the Zika virus though and whether we need to wait longer?

Hi everyone. My partner and I have a trip planned to the US in September then hope to start trying ASAP. Bit worried about the Zika virus though and whether we need to wait longer?

Hiya hunnie, welcome :) whereabouts in the states are you going? From what I've read (we're in the same boat as you with holidays to Orlando and Vegas planned for this year) the virus is carried by a mosquito that doesn't venture far into the USA. It likes sub-tropical and humidity so might make it as far Orlando etc but if you're using repellant then it's nothing to worry about. I also remember reading that if you're at all in doubt wait a few weeks because it will be out of your system in 4-5 weeks after exposure.

I'll try to find the articel I was reading xx

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/health/what-is-zika-virus.html?_r=0

That's the one I was reading

Hiya hunnie, welcome :) whereabouts in the states are you going? From what I've read (we're in the same boat as you with holidays to Orlando and Vegas planned for this year) the virus is carried by a mosquito that doesn't venture far into the USA. It likes sub-tropical and humidity so might make it as far Orlando etc but if you're using repellant then it's nothing to worry about. I also remember reading that if you're at all in doubt wait a few weeks because it will be out of your system in 4-5 weeks after exposure.

I'll try to find the articel I was reading xx

Thanks for the reply, we will be mostly travelling through New York State and upwards.

I have been googling about it today and some say that a week is long enough to get it out of your system but will probably leave it a bit longer to be safe. Hard to be patient when I'm so excited 😁

We are going to start trying for #2 on my first cycle after mid July so probably August depending on how my cycle falls. Can't wait! I'm obsessed!

Hey all. Going to ttc around August/September cannot wait. Been waiting 7 years or so for OH to be ready it's been a long journey but can finally see the light. So anyone have any plans before ttc? Is anyone on the bcp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->