Anyone waiting to get their cycles back (regardless of the reason) to TTC?!

Tasha S.

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm waiting on my cycle to resume in order to TTC #3! I weaned DS (9 months old) at the beginning of December, and still have not had my first AF postpartum! :dohh: I'm getting impatient. With DD, I got my first AF at 6 months postpartum, and was breastfeeding the whole time. (If you're looking at my chart, CD 1 was when I decided to start charting, and all my temps are in the high range based on the charts I did before DS was born.) I'm trying to induce AF to start :haha:! DH bought black cohosh for me yesterday, I took one capsule after taking a pregnancy test (JUST in case! BFN--but I took it mid-day, and at 10 dpo, if indeed I did ovulate), no period yet. I had a really high temp this morning, so I decided to wait to see if my temp drops tomorrow (just to make sure I'm not pregnant), and then I plan on taking the black cohosh as directed until AF comes!

Anyone waiting to get their cycles back?? I'm looking for buddies! :flower:

Meeee!!! I'm nearly 14 months post partum, and although my periods have come back they are ALL OVER the place. I think I've ovulated once, but i'm bleeding every two weeks with no ovulation atm.... fun times, not!

Mine are back but I'm still trying to get them to regulate.period came back 6 months pp, regulated, was normal for 5 months and then went off again in May :shrug: DS has been weaned since sept. Hoping to get them back to normal by April so we can try again. I'm taking b6 and chasteberry ATM to try and regulate and lengthen LP

Yep 15 months and counting!! She still feeds ALOT!!! It's nice not having to deal with AF but annoying when I'm going through broody phases like now! Was 7 months with first two so this has taken me by surprise lol

I'm trying to get mine back after being on nexplanon. I just had it removed Monday and am waiting for a period, or a positive pregnancy test!

Me! I've been working on it since coming off the pill in July, although I stopped BF in Oct and I also wonder now if that had made more of a difference than I realised.

Think I'm finally getting there, depends on when AF shows this month...

Good luck, it's so frustrating!! xx

Scarlett- I stopped BF'ing in sept and this month it seems like my cycle is finally back to normal. I hope yours gets there soon too! Are you taking any vitamins? My doctor had me on b6 and vitex

I've been off the BCP for a few months now, so my cycles are (relatively) normal now. But good luck everyone, I hope you all get a regular AF soon!

Hi kksy9b, how are you getting on? I'm with you on trying to lengthen LP, last 2 months it's been 10 days. Cycle I've just finished was 28 days and I O'd a lot earlier than have been. FF but it at 18 but I'm sure it was 17 so another 10 day LP.

I'm taking conception vits and have made a load of diet changes but I guess it's still not quite enough. I'm so tempted by vitex but I've read for some women they've had really long cycles from it so not sure whether to risk it when this past cycle was so almost there...

xxx

So my AF returned on Sunday! First in 2 years!!! I ovulated the Sunday before so LP was 6 days!!! Last time to lengthen it I think it was vit b12 I took! Sure that's the one! I don't want to falls pregnant yet as it's getting too close to Xmas baby time again lol, already have 2 birthdays around Xmas!!! So want to leave it a few month and then hopefully LP will sort itself out naturally :)

Good luck with your LP! I know what you mean about Xmas babies, my DD was born on 3rd Dec and it does makes Xmas time more stressful and expensive. Ideally I wouldn't want another around Dec or Jan BUT then the idea of waiting another few months to TTC is killing me!! xx

Scarlett- I have mixed opinions on the vitex. It takes 6-8 weeks to start working. For me, it made things worse, including anovulatory cycles, for 3 cycles. However, this past cycle, I ovulated on my own and LP was 12 days (was 9 when I started taking it). I'm hoping by the time we start trying its back to normal 14 days. One gal on here was taking it and has had pretty much all anovulatory cycles. She stopped and is now waiting for it to get out of her system. I would call a doctor to advise first on it. Its a pretty strong supplement to takeand wouldnt start unless a doctor recommends it. I do take b6 as well and noticed it worked right away to help. I hope it sorts itself out soon for you!

Doing well over here but this wait is dragging by so slowly!! If my LP goes back to normal this cycle and next, then we may start NTNP in march!! Due date would be dec 21st or so. But I feel pretty good that if we caught I would go over. I'm OK with a December baby as long as its after Christmas!

Thanks for the vitex info kksy9b hmm yes I think I'll avoid it. Maybe if I was just coming off the pill now I'd give it a go but I think I'm too close to ttc now to risk it. But it's great news that it's finally working for you now and fingers crossed for a longer LP this cycle and NTNP for you soon!

I was thinking some more about Dec babies today and thought what the hell, in for a penny and all that.... they could have a joint family birthday party and if I'm already buying for one then what difference will it make?! :haha: If I can get the date for my second op before mid March then I'm seriously tempted to start ttc in March too.

Where about's are you in your cycle now? xx

That's kind of what I was thinking too...that really the odds are that we wouldn't catch first cycle and if we did, then it would be fine! I have a niece who's bday is the 22nd (along with our anniversary) and its never caused any issues. It just really depends how close to April I'm ovulating. Anything that last week, I could convince DH to try but anything earlier and I know he would want to wait another cycle.

Right now I'm CD 9 so hopefully gearing up to O in a few days. Where are you at?

Am waiting for AF to end currently on CD 5 although I was thinking earlier that AF arrived really late and if I'd have gone to bed early that night I wouldn't have realised until the morning....therefore my LP was almost a day longer...although I guess I'm kidding myself :haha:

Fingers crossed for O for you soon, hopefully that will give you a better idea of dates for March/April too! xx

I was kind of the same way - I had spotting on 11dpo but woke up the next day with red...that means my LP was 12 days right?! Lol

Hope the witch leaves the building for you soon! Any plans to help distract yourself this cycle?

Sorry I've not been about, had my first eye op last Tues and vision has been so blurry. They've said they can't do the second eye for about 3/4 months BUT there's actually a big chance that they won't need to do it as this first op will be enough. So hubby and I have started trying anyway :happydance: I'm hoping for O today but my chart is all over the place atm!

How are things with you kksy9b?

:) xxx

Yay!!! Congrats on starting to try! Do you have a journal started? Fingers crossed they won't have to do the other eye! When will you know for sure?

We are doing great, thanks! Decided to move our date up to March, regardless of what my LP does. So cycle after next (AF due in one week from today, so 5 weeks and counting to our TTC date!)

Getting so so excited! Hopefully we can be bump buddies! Are your cycles typical predictable? Hopefully you O soon!!

That's brilliant that you're starting ttc soon you must be so excited! How's your LP been the last few cycles? Would be fab to be bump buddies!! No I haven't started a journal, I've not thought about it really and I didn't last time - did you?

I think we'll know more about how my eye is doing a week on Saturday, but it could be three months before it heals properly and they defo make a decision so I'm trying not to think about it too much right now.

Hmm my cycle has varied by a couple of days but I think cos I struggle to temp at the same time every day then that may skew things a bit? I still don't think I've O'd this month and wondering if my op has thrown things out a bit?!

Hope the next 5 weeks go quickly for you! xxx

So I'm now on cd19, still no ovulation pain or Ewcm (normal for me was cd17 ov) I'm not tracking in any other way and maybe I won't even ovulate at all, but not using protection either so guess I'm in camp ntnp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->