Anyone want to join me? The getting fit post MC thread

Hey everyone :hugs:

Good news : done FOUR hours of dog walking today:happydance: (really good going for me)

Bad news : took a picnic, full of crisps, biscuits and coca cola (full fat). I now have really sore feet and cant seam to move my legs the way i want to. I've been holding on to a pee for a while now, not looking forward to walking upstairs to the bathroom coz its going to hurt so much, going to have to crawl up them.:growlmad:

Hi Ladies! This is a positive spin to a crummy situation and I love it. I told DH that we were both in pre-pregnancy boot camp. Minimizing coffee and loading up on vitamins! I am eager to get back into exercise a little more myself.

Glad to have a group to belong to. I just mc and was having trouble finding somewhere on here that makes sense for me.

I have had a bad w'end, have eaten every sort of bad food possible and did not one bit of exercise apart from lifting my arm turn the TV over! So am back on healthy eating/exercise as of now!!!

Oooh Oooh Can I join you lovely ladies?!

I had a MC in february, was overweight before that and started up a major fitness regime only to find out I was pregnant. I've let myself well and truley go, bad skin, bad posture through weight gain etc and just generally feeling crappy with my appearance

I have a crosstrainer so will be getting myself back on that, also I highly recommend ZUMBA!! excellent workout and so fun, and the great thing is thanks to youtube you don't have to join any classes

Welcome to the newbies :) Anyone is more than welcome to join us in the quest to improve our fitness. I have to say it helps me to have one positive thing to focus on but trying to stay on the fitness wagon is harder than I thought!

Katestar, I too, had a rubbish weekend food wise, exercise slightly better. I'm just home from work and had all the intentions of going for a run but I'm knackered so it's the sofa for me! The thought of walking 2 mins to the village post office feels a step too far right now :sleep:

Tomorrow I will go for a run........:thumbup:

Zumba on Youtube?? Will have to take a look!

FuntoRun - can you walk today hon? Well done on the 4 hour dog walk :happydance: Picnics when walking are a nightmare though aren't they! Always need some crisps to put in your sandwich (yes I like crisp sandwiches!) and you always need emergency rations of chocolates and sweets just in case! My DH is in Mountain Rescue and that's what he tells me so I'm more than happy to use it as my excuse!!

I've been watching the Zumba videos on YouTube and amazed that I can actually get my head round the moves! hee hee, gives me more confidence to actually join a class now and not look a fool! :-D

I've decided to join a health/fitness club that includes the use of gym and weights and the fitness classes which is quite good just as long as I make use of it! I lost 6 stone (!) about a year before I had a little baby growing in me, and still had some excess skin from the weight loss and was "toning up"... now the skins stretched again I want to get back into shape, maybe better than I was before pregnancy. It'll be quite nice to see a bump sooner next time round. I only started to show the week before baby left us.

xxx

Ericacaca WOW! 6 stone weight loss is amazing. You deserve a medal for motivation and perserverance. Do you have any tips you can pass on?? And good luck with the Zumba. If you join a class let us know how you get on xx

To be fair I was 20 stone a few years back. I ended up on a low fat diet because I had a very angry gall bladder that got removed. So I'm afraid no real tips apart from cutting out everything fatty and replacing treats with fat free alternatives.... because I'm quite tall and bouncy I tend to burn off sugar etc, so I replaced chocolate with Marshmallows etc. Fry light is amazing to cook things like stir fry, flora light is ok, crumpets and jam (yum), jacket potatoes, skinny muffins from Starbucks :), snackajacks :) things like that really xxx

I took 2 walks today! So that's good, right? Eating healthy. I am feeling super constipated, which I am blaming on the mc. I mean, I might as well blame it. I hope to go to the gym tomorrow and start picking up the pace a little bit.

Ladies that are waiting to try: are you temping while you wait? Just curious-

This sounds awesome!! Count me in! Well, I have been excercisng since the doc gave me the OK. I walk about an hour five days a week and am lifting small weights (3lbs each) to tone my arms. Also, I'm eating a lot of whole grains, light yogurt, and drinking PLENTY of water! I feel great.

I have completely cut out colas and white bread. And sweets (chocolate and such) I still eat once in a while but very sparingly. I haven't weighed this week yet but last week I was down six pounds. Yay me!

And yay to all you other ladies too! Good luck! :flower:

Thought I would come and join you ladies
Ha m/c in Feb and now TCC again. Am diabetic on tabs and history of PCOS and jave always been a comfort eater so definately need to shift some weight and get fitter.
Been walking quite a but since m/c . Have an exercise bike which I used to use 5-6 times a week but havent been on for ages - so maybe first thing should be to get back on that regularly.
Then there's the sweet tooth to deal with...... or more importantly the husband with the sweet tooth who can eat what he wants and puts on no weight !!! AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mercedes - welcome - you are a true inspiration. I want to be where you are!! Well done. I too have some 3 lbs weights and have used them once so far and I also need to cut out the Diet Coke. I stopped drinking it when pregnant but started again after the MC :dohh:

Welcome roothy :) Get on that bike girl!!! You can do it.

Birdie - I have never monitored ovulation in any way and it is a world I have yet to delve into. Feels a bit scary! I'm still WTT as waiting for first AF.

Everyone else - how are you all doing? It's mid week and just wondering if it is a good, bad or indifferent week so far?? Me - it's indifferent. Been for a run :happydance: but still eating rubbish :shrug:

Well done on the run fizzio:thumbup: at least your doing something. I've sat for 2 days doing feck all but eat a LOAD of junk food (why dose it have to taste so yummy).

Everytime i take up the gym i end up putting more weight on:blush: just eat loads more coz i think i can get away with it. Seriously need a plan here or someone to take all my money away and put a lock on all the doors:dohh:

Can someone PLEASE give me willpower!!!!

Wow! Thanks for the compliment Fizzio! I find the physical activity and eating well does wonders, not just for my body, but my mind as well. It's staving off the depression I felt right after the MC.

I measure myself this morning (and you ladies should really do this too since it can sometimes give you a better picture of your weight loss than just weighing alone) and in two weeks I've lost two inches in my thighs, two in my upper arms, three in my waist, and four in my hips!! :happydance: I have those wide "childbearing" hips as my grandmother would call them...they run in my family. It's so great to see my clothes getting looser too!! I attribut this to the eight glasses of water a day, walking, and weight lifting.

Good luck to everyone here in their efforts as well and keep posting. Your successes give me inspiration! :flower:

:hi: Hello everyone! I'd love to join your group as I've been focusing on getting back in shape since my latest loss.
I let my body go to sh*t after my ectopic last summer, and when I was weighed by the doctor after my MC in February I discovered that I'd put on about 15 pounds in half a year. :dohh:
So, for the past month I've:
- cut out the junk food
- cut down on meat
- started taking a kung fu class 3 nights a week
- started going to moksha yoga once a week
You could say I've been a little obsessive about it...:blush:
I don't have a scale, so I don't know if I've lost any weight, but I definitely feel better both mentally and physically. It's been a great distraction from TTC and has even helped the healing process.
I hope this group helps me to keep up my motivation and willpower - saying 'no' to chocolate and candies has been soooooooooo hard!
I'll cheer you all on too! :happydance:
Just curious: would anyone be willing to divulge their weight?
I'm 5,5'' and according to my last weigh-in 5 weeks ago I'm 169 pounds. I used to always be between 150-155, so that's my target weight.
Thanks for listening, and good luck everyone!

Hi everyone and welcome Anna and well done on the changes you've already made. I personally do not want to divulge my weight at the mo but I may do in the future.

So tis the weekend :) What is everyone doing? And will your plans help or hinder your healthy eating/fitness goals??

As for me - I'm working all weekend :( However I have done 2 runs a week for the last 2 weeks but following a healthy diet is still hit and miss, although no Mini Eggs have passed my lips for 2 whole days :happydance:

I'm definitely joining you all! I don't exactly need to lose weight as I'm a size 8 but I certainly need to tone up! My belly is very very squidgy! Not good haha! I gave aqua aerobics ago Thursday night... NEVER AGAIN! I went with my MIL, new to us both and as we got it the pool, it was full of 80+ year old women in bikinis! It was an any age one too! My OH is going crazy at me though as I've banned crisps from the house (he ate like 4 packs a day in one sitting) so saving the pennies as well as his health although he's thin. My son eats amazingly, I make sure he gets his five a day and he loves going out playing football etc so I don't understand why I let myself go! haha. Been having smoothies for breakfast recently, different fruits each day, some sort of pasta thing for dinner and a nice healthy meat tea. I just snack on fruit. The only downside is... I am literally scared of veg (other than raw carrots) going anywhere near my mouth which isn't great :dohh: but what you've all got to remember is that the odd treat won't hurt :D good luck to us all :D hehe x

Well yesterday was going to get back on my exercise bike and instead had a meltdown. Did some excellent comfort eating last night with spaggy bol but today have been a good girl and feel much better for it
Went for a walk thsi morning - about 4 miles I think around the village. Had very healthy lunch = salad with no carbs and this evening healthy meal.
With me I think I have to keep reminding myself how much better I feel after exercise and hopefully that'll be enough to get me motivated when I need it!

WWC people: Are you actively preventing or just abstaining? I find the idea of preventing sadly painful.

I haven't had much of a sweet tooth since the MC. I think maybe the hormones are out of wack?

Temps are leaning towards ovulating, so that's good news. I like temping but it took me a few months of trying to get into it. I like that I know where I am in my cycle everyday.
But I totally thought it was intense when my friend started doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->