Anyone want to join me? The getting fit post MC thread

Can I join?? I had 2 losses last year and have lost 65 lbs since. I would like to lose about 80 more. For now dh and i are ntnp while i change my lifestyle. I have always been a big girl, im 6'1 and weigh 302. I played basketball and recieved an athletic scholarship at 225 lbs and was very healthy. So thats where i would like to get back to. I have a long way to go but have lost 6 lbs this week and the scale keeps going down, I have been really determined to lose that 300 mark. should see it gone at next weigh in... everyday is a fight girls, lets keep fighting. gl to everyone.

Essie, sounds like you are doing a great job! 8lbs in one week is amazing! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also went on a two hour walk with a friend! I am sore! Going to try to find some healthy, springy recipes to make today. DH has been out of town for work and ate two burgers yesterday so he's craving fresh vegetables.

Mrs. HJO, I think we're about at the same timeframe for testing :)

Can I join? I m/c last week at 11w. I had only put on 5 pounds and I've lost 3 already by doing P90X this week. My muscles are in total agony but I find the punishment of the work outs help with my anger over losing my little bub. Want to be super fit before I get preggo again.

I would LOVE to join this thread! I have gained 10 lbs since my first miscarriage. I'm currently WTT while my RE is running tests, so I have committed myself to losing some weight while waiting. I burned 565 calories on the elliptical today, so I am proud of myself :happydance: Gotta keep it going...

Birdie: When are you going to test? I think I will be waiting to test until Thursday or Friday. Good luck to you.

Crystal: That's a lot of calories to burn! So glad you are working out and focusing on you! It makes me happy. :)

JoJo: I have done P90X before. I really liked the results I got, and got fit very fast, but I bulk up too easily, and I gained too much muscle doing it! My legs were so muscular I couldn't fit in my jeans anymore! I have not heard this happening to anyone else! Everyone else doesn't have HUGE thighs like I do I suppose! Haha. Keep up the good work!

Well, my energy level is just gone. The last two days I have been so exhausted, and I only just woke up an hour ago, and I'm already wanting to go back to bed. And I keep saying I need to go to the gym, I need to go to the gym... And I feel so guilty I'm not wanting to go... I don't know what's up with me, and where did my motivation go?! Too much on my mind I suppose.

Ty MRS_HJO. 8lbs is just a drop in the bucket when you are going for a loss of 140 or more but ill take it ;) Wow i think i have to lose more than you ladies weigh in total. Im tired of being shy about telling my total weight and how much i need to lose so im gonna start by laying it all out for u ladies. I hope that i can still "fit in" to this thread even tho i seem to be the only Biggest Looser candidate up in here.

btw, pounded the pavement with my puptoday till she quit first. HA! I have a Jack Russell Terrier and i can never totally drain her. Lol shes prolly feeling under the weather or something and thats why i got her today.

Ty MRS_HJO. 8lbs is just a drop in the bucket when you are going for a loss of 140 or more but ill take it ;) Wow i think i have to lose more than you ladies weigh in total. Im tired of being shy about telling my total weight and how much i need to lose so im gonna start by laying it all out for u ladies. I hope that i can still "fit in" to this thread even tho i seem to be the only Biggest Looser candidate up in here.

btw, pounded the pavement with my puptoday till she quit first. HA! I have a Jack Russell Terrier and i can never totally drain her. Lol shes prolly feeling under the weather or something and thats why i got her today.
i think that being honest about your real weight and telling people how much you are planning to lose is the first step to really committing yourself and holding yourself accountable. 8lbs is amazing! even if you want to lose 140lbs, 8lbs is quite a feat for one week. great job :happydance:

i burned 535 calories on the elliptical today :happydance: so, that is 3 days in a row of working out. i can barely walk because i lifted on saturday with my legs and they are so sore. so, tomorrow i'm going to relax and take a break. i have been eating pretty healthy, so i had better see some results on the scale this week! so far, it hasn't been budging :cry:

Ty Girlnextdoor, I agree, this is helping me stay committed.
I think that you will see some results after a few days, i find that if I really punish my muscles they tend to swellup with water a bit and it slowly drains away over a few days and i get to see the pounds drop. its like i will kill myself one week and the scale dosent change or even goes up a pound or 2, then i rest my muscles and just do light cardio for a few days and then hope returns lol.

essie: Welcome and thanks for being an inspiration for all of us! We're lucky to have you on board this journey.

Girlnextdoor: I was in a bump buddy group with you and mc-ed after you. Good luck with your testing.

Mrs. HJO: Solidarity! I will test on Thursday or Friday too. Although with my last pregnancy, I did not get a BFP until the first day of my missed period.

I bought SO MANY veggies at the grocery! Trying to embrace spring and eat fresh.

I also wanted to ask if there is anyone else in here trying to lose weight with hypothyroid disease?? I have been hypothyroid forever with fluctuating tsh levels. I was wondering if the changes in weight will effect the amount of meds i need to take? ughhh endocrine disorders suck. I do go in for regular blood tests but there are months in between that i think my thyroid hormone levels just arent right. I can just kinda feel it, hard to explain.

Birdie: When are you going to test? I think I will be waiting to test until Thursday or Friday. Good luck to you.

Crystal: That's a lot of calories to burn! So glad you are working out and focusing on you! It makes me happy. :)

JoJo: I have done P90X before. I really liked the results I got, and got fit very fast, but I bulk up too easily, and I gained too much muscle doing it! My legs were so muscular I couldn't fit in my jeans anymore! I have not heard this happening to anyone else! Everyone else doesn't have HUGE thighs like I do I suppose! Haha. Keep up the good work!

Well, my energy level is just gone. The last two days I have been so exhausted, and I only just woke up an hour ago, and I'm already wanting to go back to bed. And I keep saying I need to go to the gym, I need to go to the gym... And I feel so guilty I'm not wanting to go... I don't know what's up with me, and where did my motivation go?! Too much on my mind I suppose.

I have bulky legs, too! P90X isn't making them more slender but not bigger either. Just genetics I guess.

I also wanted to ask if there is anyone else in here trying to lose weight with hypothyroid disease?? I have been hypothyroid forever with fluctuating tsh levels. I was wondering if the changes in weight will effect the amount of meds i need to take? ughhh endocrine disorders suck. I do go in for regular blood tests but there are months in between that i think my thyroid hormone levels just arent right. I can just kinda feel it, hard to explain.

I've had Hypothyroidism for 18 yrs but I'm no expert. I've been taking Levothyroxine but, recently, I noticed my T3 levels were low, so now I'm also taking Cytomel. Combination has been AMAZING. I feel stronger, less tired, and it's easier to lose weight/keep it off.

Welcome everyone and Essie - well done on revealing the weight you need to lose - a big step for you :) You are in the right place for support and encouragement.

Ty fizzo. JJo777, I think next appt i will request a full panel. They usually only request a tsh. Im on levothyroxine now. mabey a change is in order ;)

i have hypothyroidism. my levels make a huge difference in how easily i lose weight. but, i have been able to lose weight even before i was on meds, so i try not to let that be an excuse for myself (even though i do know that it plays a huge role). i just have to work harder. i agree with pp that t3 makes a big difference. i am on armour thyroid and it contains both t4 and t3 (most just contain t4) and it does make a big difference in how i feel. i was on synthroid for a long time feeling like crap, but when i switched there was a huge change in the way i felt. you might have your T3 levels checked!

FINALLY, the scale has moved! It went down 1.5lbs and I will take it. I just hope it doesn't go back up. That is the hardest I have ever worked for such a small loss (stupid hormones). I will take it anyway :happydance:

i have hypothyroidism. my levels make a huge difference in how easily i lose weight. but, i have been able to lose weight even before i was on meds, so i try not to let that be an excuse for myself (even though i do know that it plays a huge role). i just have to work harder. i agree with pp that t3 makes a big difference. i am on armour thyroid and it contains both t4 and t3 (most just contain t4) and it does make a big difference in how i feel. i was on synthroid for a long time feeling like crap, but when i switched there was a huge change in the way i felt. you might have your T3 levels checked!

I have wanted to try the Armour but my doctor isn't keen and prescribed Cytomel. I was in the process of finding a doctor that would prescribe the Armour when I got PG. Then I didn't want to rock the boat so I stayed put. I've heard great things about Armour.

I was on a Synthroid/Cytomel combination before I switched to Armour and felt MUCH better on that than I did with just Synthroid alone. I actually feel like myself again on Armour though. I love that stuff. I remember when I was first diagnosed, a lady told me "Well, get used to feeling this way because you will never feel normal again. I never have and it has been 20 years." I was determined to keep pushing and finding new doctors until I felt "normal" again. No way in hell I'm going 20 years feeling like crap!

Well, I've gained back all my weight plus another pound. WTF?????!!!!!! I'm so upset right now. I had to scale back my working out a bit during the 2WW because of the possibility that I was PG.. That little bit of scaling back, and being extra hungry did the trick. I feel like all that hard work I did the months before is gone... It was so hard to lose those 4 pounds. :( Maybe a little of it is water weight due to my period, but I'm still so mad at myself. Well, I'm not pregnant, so it's back to working out extra hard... Going to see the doctor today and ask him about working out during TTC.

How is everyone else doing today???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"