Anyone want to join me? The getting fit post MC thread

How we all doing? I managed to run all the way on my run this morning and not walk up the hill!! :happydance: I'm wondering how long I should keep running for though. AF appeared at the weekend so will start TTC again this month. As being fairly new at running (after 5 yearbreak), I'm wondering if running while in the 2WW will be detrimental. I will do ANYTHING to try and avoid a MC again. Does anyone have any thoughts?

i'm wondering if i shud b the opposite to this thread. i'm very strict i do have will power, i go step aerobics every monday apart frm yesterday as i'm going thru this miscarriage right now. so thought i'd rest. i eat healthy mon-fri, then treat myself at wkends. today i had shredded wheat, sandwich, then tomato soup for my tea with small piece of cake for after.

question i'm askin, is do u think my weight may av caused me to miscarry.

i'm 24
height 5'7
weight flutuates between 9stone 7 and 9stone10. i never let myself go over that weight. my bmi is 21. wen i had a health check in january they said i was spot on everythin. but my best friend who i told bout the miscarriage to asked me whether i should abit of weight on. what does anyone think? x

Fabs: 21 bmi is ideal. That's what you want to have. I think we're the same height and weight.

Fizzio: Exercise is always good, does not cause mc. Keep it up ladies!

Any good healthy snack ideas out there? I've been popping my own popcorn and sprinkling it lightly with spiced up sea salt. It is great. Love to hear what you are eating!

:hi: Hi everyone!
Hope you're all doing well.
I'm still doing kung fu and yoga, and it's finally warm enough out to start cycling to work again! :bike: I've been doing good with the no junk food rule, although I slipped up once this week and had some chocolate. Oh well. I still haven't weighed myself, but I'm more interested in having my clothes fit better anyways. I haven't noticed any huge changes, but I do feel a little less round and my clothes aren't quite as snug as before. I suppose if I really want to see big results I'll have to step it up a bit. I think with the coming of better weather this will get easier. Winter just makes me want to hibernate!
My goal for this week is to cut the alcohol out. It'll be hard, since I started drinking more after the losses. But, it certainly doesn't help anything and it's a lot of extra calories, so...
Birdie: I think grapes and berries make great snacks as they're tasty and bite-sized. I love blueberries especially. Popcorn sounds good if you're into salty snacks, though.
Keep it up everyone!

hi all,
new to this thread, but would love to join as I want to try to lose a few myself but am wondering whether should I be on diet? Love the idea of Dukan diet which JLO is using. I did lose a few before I got preg then I stop after. Trying to motivate myself to go for a walk, I am starting a pilates class in May which I am looking forward to.

Still waiting for my first AF to come 5 weeks after m/c

Hello ladies, hope your all having a good day? :flower:

Well havent posted on this thread for some time, was too busy being lazy, eating too much and doing feck all exercise but am now back....

Plucked up the courage to join weight watchers online and am now pointing everything!! Which sucks but have lost 7lbs in a week, woo hoooooo :happydance:

Have been to the gym too and feel so much better for it :) Have quite literally got a spring in my step, just hope I keep it up this time and not fall at the first hurdle. Am also manged to quit smoking and have decided to not drink booze for a bit too! FX I can stink to it :wacko:

So AF reared her ugly head on Sat, 4.5 weeks after my mc. So am going for it full throttle this month, really want a :bfp: this cycle

:hug: & :dust:

Well, I went on the wii fit the other night and it told me I'm 1lb lighter than I was 2 months into pregnancy! Which can only be a good thing right? I find Just Dance really fun to bop about to at home and there are some really cool games on there getting me active when I'm at home :) For me, I really need to tone again, so lots of weights and sit ups I guess!

AF still not here, I feel her coming but trying not to get hopes up. Just want to get back to normal again and start swimming.

E xxx

Erica: Yay for success!

Going to the gym with my mc buddy. Get fit and prosperous in the sack, right?

Afternoon girls

Everyone seems to be doing well :thumbup: Those of us in the UK have been enjoying some lovely sunny weather which always helps me be more active. Winter makes me hibernate!!

I have decided to keep running for the moment. Still a bit nervous about jiggling any potential baby about though :dohh: I've also been out doing quite a bit in the garden and taking the dog for longer walks. Diet wise I can gave myself a kick up the proverbial this week and now being reasonably healthy. TTC and ovulating this week has been the incentive I needed to stop me comfort eating. Having said that I have just made a batch of chocolate brownies for my in-laws who are visiting tomorrow.

Well done Katestar on starting Weight watchers, the gym and quitting smoking and alcohol - go girl!! Ericacaca - sounds like you are doing good and enjoying yourself at the same time.

Keep going everyone and good luck for getting a BFP too :flower:

I would totally recommend a trip to the turkish baths if you have them near you. Swim first. Best way ever to get over a mc on the getting healthy front

P. S dont go after youve ovulated as heat is not good for potential emby

Hey, I would like to join you girls!

The day I stopped bleeding from my m/c, I was in the gym like nobody's business. I am committed to feeling better, looking better, and trying to get this "baby" weight off. It sucks so much that I gained weight due to being pregnant, but don't have my precious baby to show for it. So... I'm going to keep focusing on myself! It's been almost a month of hardcore training... Running, cardio classes at my gym with a trainer, and weights. I'm done feeling bad for myself!

So, I would like to join you and also would love to know if anyone has had any weight loss success yet... I really don't feel like what I'm doing is paying off. Anyone else feel this way? I know it takes time and consistency, but it's so frustrating!

xx, Heather

sure I'll help you out if I can. I'm working on losing weight after my M/C, thought it HAS been 5 years, I've gained 5 more pounds and I'm just done gaining weight D:< lol

:hi: How's everyone doing?

MRS HJO: Good job! Working out really does help with both the physical and mental healing after a loss.
I've been doing cardio and toning 3 or 4 times a week for the last 5 weeks and I'm just now starting to see a difference, so I guess it takes time. I don't have a scale and haven't weighed myself since the horrible shock I got when my doctor weighed me 6 weeks ago, so I don't know how much weight I've lost. All I really care about is feeling better and hopefully looking a little better in my bikini this summer. :thumbup:

AFM: I noticed that my stomach 'smile' is disappearing! I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but I had a line in my lower stomach above the pubic bone, I guess it was the beginning of a fat roll or something...:dohh: Anyways, it's pretty much gone! :happydance:
I'm currently in my first TWW after the MC, and I've been craving comfort food and junk a lot more, I guess because of the stress of it all. But I'm hanging in there!
Keep it up everyone!

Oo well done Birdie for resurrecting this thread. I have neglected it recently while in the TWW and then coming out with a BFN. How is everyone? I'm still running but it's not getting easier and also lots of dog walking! Diet remains hit and miss!

Okay, so excited to say that I am down 5lbs.! Friggin amazing. My jeans are loose, and finally all that hard work is starting to pay off. Seriously, one cannot go to the gym almost everyday and sweat like I do and NOT lose weight. Jeez! Now, if only I could keep it off and continue to tone up what I've got going on... Still running during the 2WW because I am convinced I am out this cycle anyway.

Fizzio: Keep running and walking. It really will pay off. Keep up the good work!!!

How's everyone else doing?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"