Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

ImSoTired

mommy to 2 girls
Reaction score
I was on yaz for 2 years and then beyaz for 3 months when I decided in may that I wanted a baby and I should let the bc get out of my system before we began trying. My first cycle off of bc in june was normal. 29 days. Then I completely skipped july and started in august on cd63! Sept and oct where both on day 33 and I thought my cycle had finally evened out so we began trying. Now it is nov and i was supposed to start on sat. Im now 5 days late and got a bfn on sat and mon haven't tested since...now thurs. I have no sign of af but some come and go back pain. I also had a sort of hormonal imbalance coming off of the pill where I broke out badly and just felt really emotional and gross. Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

I do! I was on the depo shot for 1 year. The last shot I got was in august 2010. It lasts 3 months so it should of been out of my system LAST november! I started my period for the first time coming off depo thios past May and that period lasted me all month! I had no period this past june. But had a normal period in july and august. Now its november and I haven't had a period since august. And all HPTs and blood tests are negative! :( me and my husband have been ttc since March 2011 and no success! So don't worry girl! I know exactly how u feel!

Good luck and I hope u get your BFP soon!

One of my friends was on the depo shot also. She waited 6 months for af and then bled for a month and a half. She was ttc but quit because she was trying for 9 months with no luck. I guess she is on break for a while. My aunt on the other hand (also on depo)gets pregnant if her shot is 15 min late (I'm obviously exaggerating lol). When I started the pill my gyno never mentioned anything about what would happen after I went off. It's pretty frustrating. Hoping we all get our:bfp:!

I hate bcp and am never going back on them!!! :gun:

I did.

I was on depo for 3 years, then bcp for one year, then nuvaring for one year.

I took my nuvaring out in May and didnt get AF until September... because my dr prescribed me provera for it to come on.

Luckily, he also prescribed me clomid to make me ovulate which is doing its job beautifully. This is my sixth month, but third cycle. My last clomid cycle was 27 days. :)

I would talk to my DR if I was you.

I did.

I took my nuvaring out in May and didnt get AF until September... because my dr prescribed me provera for it to come on.

Luckily, he also prescribed me clomid to make me ovulate which is doing its job beautifully. This is my sixth month, but third cycle. My last clomid cycle was 27 days. :)

I am currently only 5 days late but I prob will consult my gyno if I miss another month. It's driving me crazy! Especially because i really want a little one. If af shows I will wait until my yearly in early Feb and tell the doc what has been going on. It's really getting on my nerves. Happy you are back on schedule, hope you get your bfp

I would also start temping to see if you are ovulating. Many doctors want to see that, and that way you're a step ahead of the game and can go in armed with lots of info.

I did.

I am currently only 5 days late but I prob will consult my gyno if I miss another month. It's driving me crazy! Especially because i really want a little one. If af shows I will wait until my yearly in early Feb and tell the doc what has been going on. It's really getting on my nerves. Happy you are back on schedule, hope you get your bfp

OH GOD. The reason I went is because I had so many LH surges, REALLY positive OPKs during my four month long cycle. I had confirmed no ovulation every time. The 6th or 7th time, I called my OBGYN BAWLING because you cant get pregnant if you arent ovulating! They agreed to see me the next day and I went in there determined for him to help me!

I went in, told him my story, he said "oh ok. we will give you provera to start your period and clomid to make you ovulate." I was like...that was easy. lol.

Thank you for the hope too. I am 9dpo so I am taking all I can get. Lol. I hope you regulate soon too. I bet you :bfp: is right around the corner! :hugs:

I recently started a new post before I found this one, i tok BCP for like 3 years, and have gotten 3 natural and 1 induced period in nearly 2 years, still trying to get things to come right.

Its been making me really depress, I neither get my period or ovulate, the last one I got was back in August.

I started Vitex about 3 weeks ago, but nothing so far.
I have a dr appt on Monday, so I hope they can help me.

Im sorry Mandie...but you aren't alone. It is depressing. I'm sure the Dr can get you back on track. Good luck and:dust:

I am also having some feelings of depression. I have been breaking out and gaining weight (lacking a lot of self confidence) even though I haven't changed my diet (but possibly crazy hormones at work). Having a late or missed cycle doesn't really help either because I feel like "I can't even cycle right!" and on top of everything I just want my bundle of joy. As much as I now despise the fact that most of these things were probably caused by my stopping bcp I can't help but think that I really need something to calm down these hormones. Regardless, I will not stop trying for a baby. I just feel so inadequate in the mean time...

I came off microgynon 30 2 months ago. I've had positive OPK both months and my periods have returned to normal. However the most depressing thing is both months I have spotted continuously from about 2 days after ovulation right up until my period :(

Anyone experienced this? I have 2 appointments next week with my GP as I have recently been for blood tests and will get the results at one of the appointments.

My FPC nurse said it is apparently normal but I can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced this after BCPs

I came off microgynon 30 2 months ago. I've had positive OPK both months and my periods have returned to normal. However the most depressing thing is both months I have spotted continuously from about 2 days after ovulation right up until my period :(

Anyone experienced this? I have 2 appointments next week with my GP as I have recently been for blood tests and will get the results at one of the appointments.

My FPC nurse said it is apparently normal but I can't seem to find anyone else who has experienced this after BCPs

Kinda sounds like you have low progesterone. If your progesterone levels are low, you will spot during your lp but that is easily fixable. You need to get bloods tests done after ovulation though to confirm.

Same here and I was on Yaz for about 6 months. I just got horomone testing done and my estrogen and testosterone is low and my prolactin is high. My cycles were regular when I first got off the pill but they got worse and worse.

Same here and I was on Yaz for about 6 months. I just got horomone testing done and my estrogen and testosterone is low and my prolactin is high. My cycles were regular when I first got off the pill but they got worse and worse.

When I got bloodwork done my doctor said low prolactin is one of the easiest things to "fix"!!! This isn't my issue, they don't know what is, but I thought I'd share! :thumbup:

I hear you!!! I went on the bcp because my periods were irregular... Always too close together and lasted too long... 5 years of being on it we decide the time is right to try for a baby and I'm still waiting for af to return... Cd 49!!!! I'm going nuts! No af and all BFNs :( oh well it has to come back eventually right! In the mean time all this bd'ing is enjoyable but I doubt it's gonna make a baby!

hmm i was on microgynon and first cycle off it i got pregnant but it ended in a chemical :( so my af was 4 days late 32days im now on cycle 2 so just gotta see wot this 1 brings i do hope my cycles r regular it must b horrible never knowing when u gonna ov or when af may b coming hope it gets sorted 4 u all and u see that lovely bfp :) x

hi i had the mirena coil removed 14 months ago all my cycles since have been anulvatory i started af thursday on cd57 started taking vitex hoping this will help xx

Hey ladies. Ugh. BC from hell.

I was on the mini pill up until 12 Oct 2011, then then next day, I started Desogen (the pill). I took most of the pills, except for a couple because I was just lazy and I lost one, and stopped taking them altogether on 29 Oct. I was bleeding that day, which continued until Nov 2nd. I'm thinking that was my period. AF is now expected 26 Nov, and I believe I have ovulated from 7 - 11 Nov...one of those days (fertile week). So only time will tell.

I hate that I switched BC in the middle of the month. I hate that I even started Desogen because it messed with my cycles. If I don't get AF this month, then I'm either pregnant or not ovulating. Ladies, I wish you all the best of luck!

i was on BCPs for almost 10 years. big mistake. when i got married i stopped taking them and didnt get AF for 6 months. finally got it back. and ive had like 40-45 day cycles since..its my first month charting and it doesnt look good. check out my chart, cause i thought i had ovulated and than my temps dipped back down... any insight? at this point im wondering if ill ovulate again. plus im living in western china teaching english right now and the health care system isnt exactly the same as the states, so if im all messed up im wondering if they can even help me.... i wish i could go back and tell my young self not to take the pill. oh well. you spend all that time trying not to get pregnant and than when you want to it seems like you screwed it all up. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->