Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Hi ladies,

I was on microgynom 30 for 10 years. Came off in August and have only had 1 period since. Keep imagining symptoms and taking tests which have all been negative. Going to start checking ovulation soon though I think.

Have felt pretty grim after coming off - weight gain, bloating, bad skin.

Wish I'd known it was going to be so evil! But OH didn't want me to come off it untill after the wedding. Should have put my foot down! lol

Sending you all happy thoughts xx

My partner works offshore and I needed to change my cycle dates to fit in with his time at home for TTC. Went to my doc who gave me minipill but then I discovered she'd only give me 5 days worth when I needed 10, so I thought no prob, there's some old microgynon in the bathroom took that for 5 days.

That was 3 months ago and those 5 days worth of microgynon have completely messed up my cyles, I'm now not ovulating until CD20+ (normally CD12) and subsequent LP is now much shorter too :cry:

Doctor says it will wear off, eventually :nope:

Northstar,

Why did your doctor give you the minipill? I took it because I was breast feeding at the time.

Because my partners shift pattern is 2 weeks at work/2weeks at home, and I was ovulating whilst he was away for the 2 weeks and then getting AF when he was home :wacko:

It probably would have been fine if she'd given me 10 days worth of minipill (progesterone only) but she only gave me 5. I think it was me adding the 5 days worth of combined pill that created the problem. I should add that this particular doctor was not helpful, or interested in helping me in any way :nope:

If you take the minipill a couple of days before AF is due, you can extend your LP and change your cycle dates that way.

that sucks. i feel like doctors should be more upfront about the reprocussions of the pill. there are so many girls who get messed up cycles becuase of it.

As I feel where you are all coming from I got to say I am relieved to not be alone! I can't say that I blame my doc because some women come off of the pill and get pg right away, however I was not WARNED about any side effects that may develop after I discontinued using bc. It leaves me frustrated ,emotional (hormones prob), and late! Today I am 7 days late with no af in sight. I'm testing again on Mon morning.I can't believe my bc messed up my cycles like this. I really regret it.:nope:

Yes it makes me so upset that I was never warned at all either. I would have stopped way before my wedding if I knew it would take this long to get my cycles back on track!

I got off the pill three months ago. I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for a year and a half. My first two periods off the pill were only two weeks apart after I stopped taking bc. It was discouraging to say the least.

Now I think that my cycle is finally back on track this month.
I hope you girls' cycles start getting back to normal. I know how anxious I was when I saw that my periods were irregular when I got off the pill. I am lucky that they started to get back to a 28 day cycle so quickly.

Best of luck to you guys! Temping is a good idea for those who have irregular cycles to find out when they are ovulating.

Hi ladies,

I was on microgynom 30 for 10 years. Came off in August and have only had 1 period since. Keep imagining symptoms and taking tests which have all been negative. Going to start checking ovulation soon though I think.

Have felt pretty grim after coming off - weight gain, bloating, bad skin.

Wish I'd known it was going to be so evil! But OH didn't want me to come off it untill after the wedding. Should have put my foot down! lol

Sending you all happy thoughts xx

Your story sounds pretty similar to mine. I'm sorry this has been such a problem for you...I know how you feel. I am also going to start tracking my ovulation (I've only been ttc since sept and not all that actively until this last cycle). How are you going to start? I think I will buy a first response ovulation kit and read up on temping. Like I said, I'm new at this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

ive been temping and eating a lot healthier. ive read that diet can change your cycles so im eating more vegg and whole grains and almost no simple carbs... also cilantro, dates,garlic,lemon,rosemary,turmeric,carrots are supposed to help clean your liver to balance your hormones. ive also been doing accupressure at home. https://www.totalhealthclinics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/reflexology.jpg
is a chart of your feet and on your big toe there is a spot for the pituitary gland which deals with regulating hormones and you can take a pen (clicked in so you dont draw on yourself) and push on the point for 15 seconds a few times a day. if you look at the chart the heel area is for your pelvic/lady region. so you can do some points down there too. i think if you find an area that is uncomfortable to push on that there is some block there and you should put pressure there. ive also been eating a liver/kidney clearing congee(rice pudding) with black rice, chinese dates, longan berry and honey. and taking vitamins. hopefully some of it will help me out. ive been trying to do as much as i can, so that if i do have to go to meds at least they will be that much more affective. anybody else have some good tips????
try and think positive ladies!!I know its hard but, the stress and worry we are all feeling doesnt help at all. :dust:

ive been temping and eating a lot healthier. ive read that diet can change your cycles so im eating more vegg and whole grains and almost no simple carbs... also cilantro, dates,garlic,lemon,rosemary,turmeric,carrots are supposed to help clean your liver to balance your hormones. ive also been doing accupressure at home. https://www.totalhealthclinics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/reflexology.jpg
is a chart of your feet and on your big toe there is a spot for the pituitary gland which deals with regulating hormones and you can take a pen (clicked in so you dont draw on yourself) and push on the point for 15 seconds a few times a day. if you look at the chart the heel area is for your pelvic/lady region. so you can do some points down there too. i think if you find an area that is uncomfortable to push on that there is some block there and you should put pressure there. ive also been eating a liver/kidney clearing congee(rice pudding) with black rice, chinese dates, longan berry and honey. and taking vitamins. hopefully some of it will help me out. ive been trying to do as much as i can, so that if i do have to go to meds at least they will be that much more affective. anybody else have some good tips????
try and think positive ladies!!I know its hard but, the stress and worry we are all feeling doesnt help at all. :dust:

Wow. You really got it all together. I'm sure you will get your bfp in no time. Good luck and thanks for the advice!

thanks im tryin. good luck to you too. my hubby helps me out a lot too, hes a great cook so he works up good meals with super fertility foods. im a lucky lady. :dust: to all you ladies!

So I thought I began to spot last night very very faintly. I thought I was starting but when I woke up this morning there was not blood or even faint spotting in sight. So I think I sm going to go ahead and test tomorrow. This just goes to show that bc has really screwed me up bc now I am 9 days late!

I hate bcp I was on yaz for about 6 years and since I have been off of them I have had nothing but problems. MC 4 months after my last bcp, black unruly hair around my nipples & CHIN!! The worst is my long 40 -45 day cycles. I can only hope it gets better from here starting clomid tomorrow

So I thought I began to spot last night very very faintly. I thought I was starting but when I woke up this morning there was not blood or even faint spotting in sight. So I think I sm going to go ahead and test tomorrow. This just goes to show that bc has really screwed me up bc now I am 9 days late!

I totally hate the feeling I sure hope is gets better for you

I totally hate the feeling I sure hope is gets better for you

Thanks! I hope it gets better for you also. Going off of bc gave me crazy bad acne and I'm always bloated and emotional. I feel like I'm going through puberty again! Ugh!

ugh I got acne on my back and chest too... and its been how long of the bcp... I have come to the conclusion it will never go away and next phase in my life will be menopause lol

It just makes me feel disgusting. I'm thinking maybe I have like a hormonal imbalance, pcos, or hypothyroidism, because I have a pretty healthy diet (not perfect but who is), I drink LOADS of water, I wash my face regularly, and excersize lightly (because I'm tired constantly so a real workout might kill me!). I am going to stomp my feet at my yearly exam in feb until I get some results because something has to change. Plus I'm 10 days late and no af (bfn this morning:cry:). So I need to ovulate more regularly! SOmething has got to be up.

going through it right now too... i just come off the all horrible depo shot...and had every pregnancy symptom in the book last month and my doc informed me that it was the bc coming out of my system...got my hopes up for nothing but im over that now..ready to try agian...except my cycles are usually 28 days on the dot and my last cycle was 37 days or 38 but she came thankfully and hopefully since ive only had one shot of depo my whole life and that was the only bc ive ever used it wont take to long to get out of my system...but my doc told me it could take some time to get preg...WHAT DOES HE KNOW ANYWAY!! lol...no ive heard it happening for some people as soon as they got off the shot...i suppose it all depends on your body....lets pray we have really fertile bodies...fx and well all get our christmas wishes:xmas6:...

n_gods_hands:i second that. im sure we could all deal with a christmas miracle.
Imsotired: its the squeeky wheel that gets the grease.
good luck ladies!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"