Anyone with experience of trying to conceive after Depo Provera?

readytoplan

Reaction score
Hi :thumbup:

We aren't trying yet (Not actually for over two years, we are getting married Jan 2016) but trying to get a heads up, as I have read up on some major problems with conceiving after Depo and I'm feeling a little concerned!

How long did it take you to conceive after the last shot?

Ive been having them for almost a year now, we would like to try straight away for baby #2 after the wedding, when do you think the best time to come off it would be pre-wedding?

experiences? xx

No personal experiences but my friend had her last one September 2012 and is still waiting for her cycle to resume. Her doc said they won't do any testing until its been 18 months cos that's the standard time for your period to return post depo. I hear alot of gynos are trying to get it banned.

honestly, if you're planning on ttc right away, I'd come off it at least a year in advance if not more and simply use withdrawal or condoms. something non chemical. i was on the depo shot for 6 months after dd and switched to the implant as i had odd bleeding on depo and i had that removed almost 7 months ago to ttc. I've had 1 AF since then and no sign of O :(

if i could have had any advice, it would have been to come off bc ages in advance to let my system go back to normal before we started ttc.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that Destiny08, thanks for your advice x

This happened to me....Please avoid Depo at all costs if ttc in the future. As you will have a long wait for cycles to return and ovulation to kick back in. If I was you, I would opt for the nuva ring or any other form in the mean time. The depo shot is just entirely too long term if you know what I mean.

No personal experience but a friend had to wait a year to get her af's back and they werent regular after tryig for a year she then went on the pill to regulate he cycles then came off the pill and fell pg so i think it all depends but i am aware that it can take about a year for it to leave your body fully x

Not a conception story but I was on depo for 5 years. I had read a few things online about it affecting fertility but I thought, no no, my doctor knows how long I've been on it, surely she would mention if she thought it was a problem.

Anyway, went to docs one day for a different reason and the nurse was taking my blood, she asked what contraception I was using and how long I had been on it. When I said 5 years she had a look of shock on her fact and actually said in shock that's far too long, the depo can affect your fertility. I was so angry!

Anyway, that was 7 years ago now and I used the pill ever since. Came off that recently and it only took 4-5 weeks for my AF to show (which at the time felt lie 4-5 months) am on my first TWW so here's hoping.

I def tell anyone who thinks they want a family in the future to stay away.

Hi :thumbup:

We aren't trying yet (Not actually for over two years, we are getting married Jan 2016) but trying to get a heads up, as I have read up on some major problems with conceiving after Depo and I'm feeling a little concerned!

How long did it take you to conceive after the last shot?

Ive been having them for almost a year now, we would like to try straight away for baby #2 after the wedding, when do you think the best time to come off it would be pre-wedding?

experiences? xx

Hi I had the depo before having my last daughter but only had 2shots of it, it took 6 months 2 concieve her but it took 4 months 2get my period back, if you type in the search part of the site and just put depo in it you will find a lot off previous people that have asked questions and their answers so might be helpful for you. I would come off it as soon as an maybe go on to a mini pill as the pill can help regulate your periods I was told

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->