Anyone with PCOS?

NessFrench

Reaction score
Here's a little story

I have done 3 cycles of clomid all failed so I was sent to a RE. Upon reviewing my info he scheduled me for an ultrasound and bloodwork to check for PCOS. My ultrasound sept 10 cd 8 showed 2 cysts on my left ovary and 6 follicles on my right. Cd 10 I got a little EWCM went ahead and DTD jus to be safe. Since then my face is completely broke out and my boobs have been sore on the sides. I am thinking I geared up to ovulate but didn't. My last cycle was 34 days and from my info the RE thinks I oed cd 17-18. So my question is does it sound like it was ovulation or just hormones leveling out. I won't see my RE again until next Tuesday and I am driving myself crazy wondering whats up. Ovulation tests do nothing for me bec they are always positive any help would be great

Hi :hi:

I have pcos. Have known for a few years now. I was diagnosed just before I fell pg with dd.

It sounds like you may well have ov'd. I get loads of cysts but only get sore bbs after ov. I need clomid to ovulate & when I'm on it I have clear skin until I ov & then go a bit spotty - especially immediately after ov.

When I'm not on clomid I'm spotty all the time grrrrrr :growlmad:

I temp so I can confirm ov. Otherwise if spend all cycle second guessing myself & stressing out.

Good luck this cycle :)

Eta: I do opk's. In the morning they are always positive but in the afternoon they aren't. I use internet cheapies & some websites let you choose the strength of lh you want the test to detect. If you pick a higher number, you need more lh so you may well be able to spot your surge on them. Just a thought :flower:

thanks I get my results today i had spotting one time sunday and nothing else

I have pcos and was diagnosed since I was 17 didn't have periods but maybe once a year if that but then a few years back got on metformin as I'm diabetic and have been ovulating since I did opks and also bbt to make sure I did ovulate

It looks like it's been a few weeks since anyone posted in this thread but incase anyone else reads I thought I would chime in. I have been TTC my second child for almost 4 years. My husband and I had our first child 7 years ago by accident! We were not trying! Then when we decide to have another we can't. I went to the OBGYN and they diagnosed me with PCOS. I apparently do not ovulate regularly. I tried clomid and it did absolutely nothing for me. I was referred to RE and had hundreds of tests. I was put on metformin even though I am not diabetic. They claim I am insulin intolerant. I had an IUI and it failed. I did an IVF and it failed. My DH has a low sperm count and low T. opk don't work on me either so I feel stuck. I am now taking neo q10, DHEA, metformin, prenatal vitamin while I plan one more IVF. I wonder what happened to my husband and I in the last 7 years because apparently our bodies were working fine then!!! So frustrating!

Hi drearystar :hi:

I don't know how you've battled though 7 years hun - I'm emotionally exhausted at 2. I'm sorry to hear your iui & ivf didn't work out. I hope the next one is the one!

I hate pcos - I have no periods without clomid or provera and feel some days like my body is working against me. I'm a "thin" pcos-er but I do think I have insulin resistance - I had loads of positive glucose urine tests when I was expecting my first. I can't get metformin because I'm on the thin side though. Do you feel any different on the metformin?

I try to think of where I need to be rather than where I have been but it's so hard to be positive month after month. I'm not saying much here to make you fell better I realise - just want you to know you're not alone in feeling this. It really really sucks!!

Hi k4th

I don't really feel any different on metformin. I haven't had any side effects. Actually I did have headaches when I first started it and then after a couple of weeks those were gone. It does seem to be making me ovulate though. I have never missed a period (except when I was pregnant) but they are so irregular. It can be anywhere from 17 - 40 days!

I hate pcos too and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. I hope everything works out for you. I try to stay positive but after that failed ivf I hit rock bottom. Thankfully I am recovering but it was pretty bad for a while.
Life can be unfair. I am really beginning to think my son is a miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->