anyone with placenta previa

joea

Reaction score
i have marginal pp and will be checked for vasa previa on wed. c sec is now a certainty but if i dont have vasa previa they will schedule for 39 weeks. really scared about this as i live nearly an hour away from hospital and a history of very quick labours. id much prefer 38 weeks but is this being selfish to ask for a week early? i also nearly died through heavy bleeding with my first which has made me more on edge. baby is 7 pounds already so should be a healthy weight by 38 weeks although i know this doesnt mean lungs are ready.

I don't think you're being unreasonable or selfish and if I was in your position with very quick labours id do the same! Placenta praevia is as I'm sure you know a very serious condition and for you to want the best for both you and baby isn't selfish at all xx

Hello I had complete previa in my last pregnancy and had section at 37 weeks. They kept me in hospital for the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy. I too had very heavy bleeding with my 1st and 3rd children. I would definitely want a section at 37 weeks again and to be kept in if I was in the same positions - so no I think that's very reasonable.

Victoria x

Thanks girls. Going to try and stand my ground on this. Don't want to spent the last couple of weeks checking for blood every 5 mins.

I was scheduled in at 38+3 but ended up spotting at 37+6 and went in for emergency section that night, having baby bang on 38 weeks. Her lungs were fine although she was quite jaundiced and sleepy.

I'm a little worried about causing health issues by asking for 38 weeks. If I have vasa previa they will be csection at 36 weeks so will be even more worried about prem probs. I don't think they can give you an amino with vp to check for lung development.

They can give you some steroids to build up baby's lungs for a few days before section. My friend had partially ruptured waters at 26 weeks and was given steroids straight away. She managed to 29 weeks and the baby did really well with no breathing problems at all.

I have cpp and low amniotic fluid. I was given 2 steroid shots to help mature the baby's lungs. I've been the hospital 1 month today. The Drs are amazed that the baby is doing so well. The plan, well were just reaching 1 milestone at a time. If I can make it to 37 weeks that would be great.

I seem to have low amino fluid as well. I wonder if its linked to pp. always had an abundance before

My Drs. seems to think there is a connection. Had a small abruption and they think it caused the placenta to stop working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->