Anyone wrapping as they buy?

marmaduke

Reaction score
In theory I like this idea, but I'd have to store them in the loft until I set up christmas HQ so worried the paper would go all crinkly/damp.

I take ages wrapping as I do enjoy it, think it would feel a little strange wrapping gifts without any decorations up.
Does anyone here wrap as they buy?

Ive already wrapped, tagged and bagged half of my presents for relatives :haha:. I generally don't like wrapping up mass of presents so I do a few once a week and ive got 2 families done already (we have 9 nieces and nephews). I usually wrap my immediate family last (near to xmas day). I keep all the families presents in large xmas bags (card factory do large bags for 99p) and store them under the cot or in the wardrobe (did loft last year), no issue with creases before :thumbup: xx

If I did that, I can guarantee I'd forget what I'd bought and he'd end up with duplicates (I'm not terribly organised though!) plus I love wrapping with the tree up and a Christmas film on :)

I got all the kids Xmas eve pjs slippers fleeces etc and wrapped them also I did Argos 3 for 2 on toys back in July and wrapped and tagged all them also I did Argos 3 for 2 this week and I'm half way wrapping them too but I write down what I have wrapped who they are for etc so I don't forget :)

Could you put them in bags to stop anything getting to them? Don't forget to keep a list of what you've got though :haha: (it feels weird giving you any advice, you're Christmas queen!) xxx

I like to wrap with all the decorations up. It also gives me something Christmassy to focus on once we are all decorated and presents are all bought.

I am going to save it all up and wrap it all at once :)

I'd be up for days!
Think I'll make a start on the wrapping station early this year, I can store all the gifts on the shelves then.

I don't like to put much in the loft as we live out in the sticks/opposite fields so worry about mice. I have visions of going in to collect the gifts and finding a large pile of chewed up lego boxes.

I like to wrap at the end and bag them as I go along.

It makes it much more easier to see who has what than looking at a list. I box everything up in groups until the time comes - Box1: DD1, box2: DD2, box3: OH, box4: Mum&Dad, box5: MIL&FIL, box6: Nieces/Nephews/Cousins etc. I love boxes.

I'd be up for days!
Think I'll make a start on the wrapping station early this year, I can store all the gifts on the shelves then.

I don't like to put much in the loft as we live out in the sticks/opposite fields so worry about mice. I have visions of going in to collect the gifts and finding a large pile of chewed up lego boxes.

How do you keep your station so discreet from your daughters?

We just have the one daughter & she is usually in her playroom building a lego village or reading.
I set it up in my art room so it's not really a room she uses & OH keeps out too usually because it stinks of paint/varnish. At the minute I'm making lots if outdoor props for halloween in there but after that it's free for christmas HQ.
I don't label any of her gifts just other peoples & mix them all together on the shelves and under the tree. x

I like to sit with all the decorations up, something on the TV with OH passing me selotape in the run up to Christmas. I'd also rip them all if I did them all as I went along :haha:

I've been tempted several times as its all in clear boxes above the wardrobe atm so I'm always seeing them.
Then I remind myself how I love doing it on a dark cold evening when all the decorations are up and watching one my fav christmas films n I think.. nahhhh I will wait :winkwink::haha:

Come on marmaduke, show these ladies a photo of Christmas hq, I look forward to this every year. I have spare room envy lol x

No I wrap in the run up to Xmas, I think wrapping is all part of the build up :xmas12:

Nope. Otherwise id totally forget what iv been buying lol x

I dont wrap until december :)

I usually start wrapping at the beginning of November, that way I have lots of time to get it all over and done with.. I get bored of doing it, if I try to do it all at once lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->