Anyone's elses glucose test go like this?

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
OK so you have 10 minutes to drink the gross orange drink. So here I am sitting at my desk. Ready. Set. GO! I'm drinking it and doing my work. A few minutes in I think "oh I'm doing great, no rush". Keep doing this. Fast forward to only having 2 minutes left and realizing I still have 3/4 of the bottle left to drink! So yeah downed it all in 2 huge gulps...

Funny thing is. All the sudden my memory of the test from my first pregnancy came flooding back and I had done the same thing lol.

Just sitting in my office laughing at myself now. Off to the doctor!

:haha: I hate the dreaded glucose test so much I refused it this time around!! :flower:

You drank yours on your office desk?? Is that they do it there?

I had to drink my nasty lucozade original in like 2mins...I drank and drank but it never seemed to go away...lol.

Still waiting for my results, hope they come back good for all that trouble

Lucky, I have to go to the hospital for mine, and I had to change the date/time so it's not until 9.45am :shock: Then with the 2 hours wait inbetween blood tests/after drinking the nasty concoction I'm going to be ravenous by the time we're done, lol.

My midwife also wrote down that I shouldn't eat anything from 12PM the day before...I'm thinking she meant AM?! :haha: Well I hope so!

I took mine on Monday. They made me drink mine while in the doctor's office and gave me 5 minutes. I got a call on Wed that I failed!! So annoying. I had passed last time with my son. I have to do the 3 hour test. Was supposed to go this morning but did not go. Will have to go sometime next week. Ugh.

With my first I had to drink in office but this time I had to drink it on my way in dh driving n me gaging lol I always just chug it and get it done lol

lol!!! With this pregnancy, a tech gave me the bottle, and I chugged it as she was telling me I had 5 minutes. Didn't need it - wanted that drink GONE. lol

Yeah I chug mine, this time my doc gave it to me to take home and said drink it and try to be here 45 minutes later (in case there was a line at the lab)

I had to drink mine in the office and only had 5 mins. Chugged it in under 2 mins finding the drink just okay not good not bad. Though I usually am able to chug just about anything liquid unless it's tea or coffee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->