Anyone's scan's measuring ahead?

Jodiebump2012

Reaction score
So I know that the furthest along that I could be is 10+3 but my scan yesterday showed that baby was measuring 5 days ahead so is 11+1 today. I asked if that was normal and the midwife said they can be out by a few days. Anyone else experienced this? What dates did you go by, the scan dates or your dates?

With my first one, I went to 12week scan thinking I was 13+1 but only to find out I was 14+2 so I guess it can happen...

I went for a private scan at what I thought was 7+4 and it made me 8+1 - changing my due date from 1st December to 26th November.
They said it may change again at
the 12 week scan as it can be a bit out - but my 12 week scan actually made me another day ahead so brought my due date forward by another day to 25th; and that's what I've been kept at (and measuring at) ever since.

They will always go by your scan dates :)

My second pregnancy I went for a scan at 10 weeks and they put me at 11 weeks but my periods were very regular and we only DTD once the day before my ovulation day!

Thanks, I just feel like I can't say I'm 11 weeks at the moment cause I know I'm only 10+3 at the most lol :dohh:

Yes me! I have had two scans so far, first at 8 weeks due to bleeding and second yesterday at exactly 11 weeks, both put me five days ahead! Not sure how I am ahead though but now a week closer to meeting bubba!

It seems it happens a lot then! Angelmum31 do you get to have another scan before the 20 week one? Even though it's only a week I was hoping for one at 12 weeks too lol

Yes, i have nhs one a week tomorrow - yesterdays was a private scan - as they put me a week ahead it means I will be 13 weeks at nhs scan which is apparently the cut ff time for screening tests (down syndrome etc) - I went alone yesterday so will be nice at next scan as OH and dd are coming xx

Our daughters are similar in age! Mine just a couple of months older xx

I don't get another scan now because they counted yesterday's as my dating scan. What screening tests? I have bloods to check the chances of downs at 16 weeks. I want to book another private one at 16 weeks though so will be taking my daughter to that one :) lol that's funny! I think it's a lovely age gap :) xx

This happened with DS, a full week ahead for most of the pregnancy. We kept his EDD based on LMP (That's standard in the US), he came a few days before the original EDD.

This baby measured two days ahead last week, I think we'll keep the LMP EDD.

As long as its normal I wont worry myself over it then :) I'm worrying about everything at the moment :dohh:

I would go by your date if it makes you comfortable. At the end of the day, I'm not sure it really matters whether you tell people 10 weeks or 11 weeks. What matters is you get the joy of sharing this news. Nobody is going to look back and say, "Hey! You were actually 11 weeks!!!" and get mad at you hehe. I was a few days ahead on my scan with my first pregnancy, and the sonographer said that it is very common in the first trimester for babies to vary in days up to a week. Some grow slower, some hit random growth spurts. Congrats!

I don't get another scan now because they counted yesterday's as my dating scan. What screening tests? I have bloods to check the chances of downs at 16 weeks. I want to book another private one at 16 weeks though so will be taking my daughter to that one :) lol that's funny! I think it's a lovely age gap :) xx

Are you in the UK? I believe at 12 week scan they check baby's development on scan for downs and take blood to test for other potential probs, I am not sure though - thats just what I think...

I've never heard of them checking that at the 12 week scan, don't think they did for my daughter either and yeah I'm in the UK. I spoke to midwife yesterday she said they do bloods at 16 weeks for your rubella immunity etc, let me know what they say at your appointment x

I already have two different dates just for myself, because I was tracking everything and know when I ovulated and it was 3 days earlier than usual because I was taking EPO and B6, so that's what's throwing everything off. Also we only bd'd the day before and the day of O so I basically know when we conceived. But of course doctors won't go by that and will only go by LMP.

I have my first scan next tuesday when I'll 7+2 according to O date so I'll see what I'm measuring at then, and I'll probably just go by the measurements instead of my dates.

I had an US done today and baby measured 2 days ahead of the due date I have, The doc said he's just gonna keep the first due date I was given since it's only off by 2 days

with my second I was sure I would be due 5/13 but when I went in for my ultrasound baby measurements gave us a due date of 5/3 ... and to our surprise she was born right ON her due date of 5/3

I've never heard of them checking that at the 12 week scan, don't think they did for my daughter either and yeah I'm in the UK. I spoke to midwife yesterday she said they do bloods at 16 weeks for your rubella immunity etc, let me know what they say at your appointment x

I just checked my notes and at 12 week scan they do a nuchal fold check - check the fluid levels at back of babys neck as extra fluid can be an indication of downs or other potential issue - has to be done between 11-14 weeks apparently. Thinking back I had to sign a form saying I wanted this check at my midwife booking appointment. I am sure it was a friend who told me the hospital will take bloods at 12 week scan, will double check as may be wrong (googled it and apparently blood is taken to check for two hormones which if present in certain amounts shows reduced risk of downs and other chromosomal abnormalities). I will let you know next week after scan as I may be wrong about it all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->