"apparently" im taking over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
So really this is just to get my argument across and proove that i am right!!
so here goes!-

every year in our full 6 year relationship ive had to put up with adam buying crappy presents for his family.
We have a system, upto christmas we have usually bought our own families presents without each others help.
my families are always lovely gifts, i plan and research and earwig into convos to make sure i get the ideal present.

The problem is Adams family ALWAYS get us lovely presents.
His mum spends about £60 each on the kids £30 on me and about £70 on Adam.
His grandparents spend about £40 each on kids and £30 each to me and adam.
Ive never usually interfered because he always wrapped their presents before i saw em.
But last year was a real eye opening-
Turns out hes been giving his mum a £5 bath gift set from all of us and his grandparents a tin of biccies from all of us to share!:blush::blush::blush:
I was mortified!!!
He didnt do it coz we had no money, its because he left it too late (despite my nagging)

So i asked if hed mind if i bought them, he said no its ok ill get em summit :dohh:
Ive made sure hes mams gunna be well sorted ive done her a hamper and getting her a voucher.
And i had a great idea for his grandparents-
Theyre into gardening so i was gunna get em a personalised plant pot fill it with bulbs a trowl, some gloves and a flask and do one each.
But Adam said nooo way im interfering and hes gunna do it!
Im worried that hes gunna do something like every other year :nope:
i avoided his family for months last year :blush:

Ive started buying little things to add onto his families presents incase he does the same thing :blush:

I dont think im being too interfering :shrug:

No I would do the same or make sure they know it was ALL his idea and you had nothing to do with it :haha:

No I would do the same or make sure they know it was ALL his idea and you had nothing to do with it :haha:

heheh agreed. my boyfriends the same but its because he is so tight! this year i told him i'll do his and we did have a brief argument over it but i didnt back down and im sorting his familys stuff he's just giving me the money for it. He hasnt given me the money yet, he'll probably try and give me £60 even though theres about 10 of them to buy for!!!! tut xxxx

I dont think you are either. I think I would just do the same and hide little bits away, if you show him right near christamas then there isn't really much he can do. :)

I'm lucky that I don't have that problem, I'm in charge of all presents, OH's family and my own. :)

its made me feel relieved a bit because that means im nearly done, but the thought of his family opening those presents last year makes me cringe *shudder*

i do all the presents to everyone! OH hasn't got a clue.
i'm even thinking about suggesting i buy my own!

usually buy mine and OH's but this year he wants to get them himself so i said id go shopping with him just to supervise :D xx

OHs parents get me and him nothing!! they only do LO. so i just let OH do what he wants, we dont get on so i couldnt care less lol!!! x

Dean would do the same if it was left to him :dohh: I've already got FIL a digi photo frame...not sure what to get MIL yet...xx

:dohh: I do all the presents as OH is crap at anything.
Im making hampers for his bro and best mate (uni survival kits)
Got his sis a ticket for the 1D gig (and a signed book to stash the ticket in)
and getting his parents lots of things with LO's face on :haha:

OH would have got the chocolates and socks.

i am tempted to get my mil and mum matching gifts this year! lol

I'm lucky in a way as my in laws don't like christmas so they don't buy us anything and we dont buy them anything. They give us money to get our son something, but they don't buy presents. I thought it was a bit weird at first as my family are well into christmas and love it and his family really arent interested in it! I've come to see that that's just the way they are though and some people really don't celebrate christmas.

I don't think you are intefering though Vix, I think even if he gets them the same as last year then what you get will be a nice little surprise for them and they will be made up with it. xxx

My OH is the same he is rubbish at buying presents for his family so I usually buy my own present for his parents and make sure it's something really nice :haha:

We don't buy anyone in his family this year, his mum Is paying off £30 he owes his sister from 4 yrs ago instead of buying us anything lmfao

I tend to get the presents...if I left it up to him, no one would have owt!

Men eh...so crap at presents most of the time :dohh:

I would do the same, we do all our stuff together but no i would buy little buts just in case

You would of thought he would like you to do it, saves him worrying... and your only tryig to make sure they get something lovely, like they get you....

I used to leave FOB, to get his family gifts... (but thats cos i wasn't MIL's greatest fan, so i didn't care if he got her shit!)

x

I don't think you are taking over. I do most of the shopping for Christmas, but my hubby isn't that bad actually when he picks out stuff thankfully.

well im starting to panic now!
he has to buy
mil
2 brothers and one sister
and 2 sets of grandparents!!
and he hasnt bought anything!!
think im just gunna buy their presents sneakily without telling him.
and come xmas eve if hes got em good one ill add em onto someone elses or add onto theirs if hes got crappy ones!

im such a control freak :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back