Appointment today with the anaesthetic person!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by cyanidepill, Jun 8, 2011.

1. cyanidepill

cyanidepill Well-Known Member

Anaesthetic person because i can't spell their proper title! :haha:

Anyway, I'm at hospital at 2.30 today for that appointment and i can't wait! I've been waiting to get this appointment over and done with, as my problem is i've had 4 major spinal surgeries and I hate ANYONE touching my back. I've had 16 years with the same surgeon and have implicit trust with him. Even he doesn't want other consultants touching my back.

I've been really apprehensive about having the spinal block for my section, for that reason.

So i get to meet the head of the team today, get my questions out the way and introduce them to my bionic spine!:haha: titanium implants, screws and bone grafts - with a 'get your needles past that lot' :happydance:

2. new bride

new bride Proud mummy

I had an anaesthetic review at 34 weeks for the same reasons - we all pretty much decided that it wasnt worth the risk of putting MORE needles into my spine!! Ive had it written into my birthing plan that under no circumstances do I get an epidural or spinal block - and if i end up with a c-section its GA for me. Good luck, hope your appt is as informative as mine x x

3. cyanidepill

cyanidepill Well-Known Member

We've already decided that it's a planned section at 39 weeks, 38 maybe depending on severity of SPD which is getting worse. They should be able to get the spinal block in as i'm pretty sure it's carried out at the L1 level and my fusions are at L4/5 S1, .....that said, they'll have to be a bloody marksman to get it in at the right level!

I'll report back here later today with an update xx