April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

my update ladies . baby kian was born on 16th of april weighing in at 6lbs :flower:

Yay Susan, same birthday as Zach!

No, haven't had the chance to post my birth story yet, will do it this week!

Nat0619, I’m surprised to see you’re still holding on. Little one will be here very soon.

Maple Leaf, Have you noticed any nipple confusion? We gave little one a bottle of EBM when she was few days old and it took some time to get her used to the breast again.

Kirst76, Aww, I can’t imagine having to take care of other children and a newborn, it must be so hard.

Congrats, Susan!

Congrats Junebug, can’t wait to hear birth details and see pics.

Little moma and I are doing well. It’s a lot of hard work, but it’s worth it.

Ceedee. It's never me that gives the EBM in a bottle so there doesn't seem to be any confusion. I guess we have been lucky so far...I wasn't saying that at 3,4,5 and 6am as he was cluster feeding though! Lol

Any news on Nat?

Ceedee, its getting easier regarding the other children however the other day when miss 2 got home from kindy I was feeding Arya and all miss 2 wanted was mummy cuddles, bless her. Thank goodness my friend was able to take Arya and finish giving her a bottle!!

ML, my SIL gives her baby EBM and he was terrible at taking it from her....so hard on the little ones, esp when they can sense that the real thing is right there, lol!! Now her baby feeds off her both sides and then has a 300ml bottle of formula.....he is 4 months old and a wee piggy!!

I hope nat reports soon....I keep thinking of her!

Ladies, sorry for the delay in posting! Our bump turned out to be Pink - our little girl, Ciara Margaret, arrived on Monday 23rd April at 9.20pm via c-section :cloud9:

I just haven't had a chance to post with getting the hang of breastfeeding, nappy changing, visitors etc :wacko:

My labour started naturally with my waters breaking at 3am. By around 4am contractions had started and very quickly were 2-3 minutes apart and very intense :wacko: Got to hospital around 6am and was 6cm dilated! :thumbup: Got into the birth pool and used gas and air. Checkedat10am and told fully dilated so got back in pool and pushed foraroundan hour. Nothing was happening so checked again and was discovered that I had a cervical lip and baby had turned back to back :nope: At this news, I couldn't take the intense pain any more (contractions were relentless), plus they were going to put me on a drip to intensify them to try to make baby rotate and get rid of the cervical lip! So followed hours on the drip and me having a spinal and then an epidural :wacko: Ciara did end up rotating and i got to 10cm about 6pm and tried pushing for a couple of hours. But she just wouldn't come down and her heartrate then started dipping :nope: So it ended as a c-section. I was initially very disappointed and dreaded the recovery, but this hasn't been half as bad as I thought.

Here are a few pics of our little girl :cloud9:

Attachments

• P4240788.jpg
    P4240788.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC06650.jpg
    DSC06650.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC06631.jpg
    DSC06631.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1
Congratulations Nat!! Beautiful baby girl...well done!!!

Thanks ladies :hugs:

I see you are still waiting Torontogal! Hope things happen for you soon. Looking like a May baby for you now then x

Thanks ladies :hugs:

I see you are still waiting Torontogal! Hope things happen for you soon. Looking like a May baby for you now then x

Yup... was due April 26 but now a May baby for sure. Baby better get there soon!

Congrats Nat, she is beautiful!

Gosh, I am surprised how many of us april moms had to have c-sections.

Hi Ladies :flower:

How is everyone?

Any news on Torontogal?

x

All good here.....cant believe my baby is a month already!!!
How are you doing Nat?

I'm good thanks Kirst, I too can't believe how quick time is going :wacko: Ciara is 2 weeks old tomorrow already. We are settling in and she is pretty good most of the time. Breastfeeding going a hell of a lot better now than at the start :thumbup: She doesn't sleep much in the day, feeds a lot, but does tend to have at least one long sleep at night of 4 hours or so which is good so we at least get some sleep usually.

Wonder if Torontogal has any news yet? x

Just catching up. I hope everyone is well.

Nat, she is so cute! Congrats!

I love my moby wrap and so does Delaina. It’s nice being hands free and having her close. Breastfeeding has gotten challenging now. For some reason she flails her arms and kicks her legs when it’s time to feed. It doesn’t matter if she’s super hungry or not she just hates to be put into positions. I’m pressing on though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->