April 2012 babies due!!! Who else is due in April???

Good luck JB - guess Zak couldn't wait any longer to meet his mom and big sister!

Dorian. So so happy for you, I too have been thinking of you both, great to see him looking so well. All the best to you and your family.! X

Well, my Dr told me all the things I know already.
1) I should be resting (not doing 4 loads of laundry and cleaning the house!)
2) I am severely dehydrated = drink more water!....easier said than done.
3) Eat 3 meals a day at least - I'm working on it....high iron foods at the ready.
4) Try and catch up on sleep when baby sleeps. Again this sounds ideal, but with two other children that need taxiing to various activities this won't happen.! Lol

I intend on having a day in the house with Kit tomorrow. DH is going to work for a few hours, kids will be at school so I will see how many of the above I stick to!.........

Nats. I'm still stalking you, got a good feeling....will look out for your this is it thread! X

ML, its a pain in the butt when they tell you stuff you already know, lol

All my big girls are away at the moment and hubby is on nights this week so it has just been me and Arya. Its so quiet!!!
My mum has taken the week off to help out and I said that I wouldn't need her until Gabi and Caoilainn come back.....boy was I wrong!!!!! I'd forgotten just how to juggle a newborn with all those daily things! So glad mum came this morning so I could shower, lol!!!!

Hi Ladies :flower:

I'm still here waiting :wacko: Oh my god Junebug! So looks like I'm now officially last of all of us regular posters :dohh:

Dorian, great to hear from you and Isaiah is gorgeous :hugs:

ML, sounds like today is a good day to try to stick to doctor's orders :thumbup:

I'm off out to lunch today with OH's mum, sister and nephew. It's his mum's birthday today and she wanted baby to arrive today to share his/her nanny's birthday - but looking like little one has other ideas :haha:

x

Seen midwife this morning. All still fine. Declined sweep today as am only 40+2 so don't think I'm that overdue to worry yet and midwife admitted they are more likely to work at 41 weeks than 40. I'm happy to give my body the rest of this week and the weekend to do things itself before being messed around with :wacko: So midwife coming to me again next Tuesday if nothing has happened by then and I'll have the sweep done. Induction is booked for Saturday 28th so at least have an end date now to evict this little one if he/she proves too stubborn :haha:

x

Thanks Ladies!

Hope everything went well for you Junebug. My c-section was a nightmare!

Maple leaf, hope you can find some rest and feel better soon.

Nat, here's hoping your little one show's soon!

Glad your Mom's out to help Kirst.

Nat...I'm rooting for you!. Baby will come when it's ready...sweeps usually only work if labour is imminent anyway so I think you made a good choice.
I'm feeling much better, eating properly and drinking plenty of water. Breast feeding takes a lot out of you and I bleed heavily during long feeds (which I know is normal but coupled with anemia makes me weak). I have been expressing one feed a day so the big kids can feed Kit after his bath - it works well as it gives me a rest and the kids feel involved.
Hope the section went as planned JB.
Dorian, I am sorry to hear things didn't go as planned - but pleased your little boy is doing so well. :hugs:

Nat, hope things go well for you when they do happen.

Dorian, was it your first c-section or had you had previous caesars?
My mum has been a star this week!!

ML, glad you are feeling better!!

Yesterday once Gabi and Caoilainn had gotten back from the farm it was a bit overwhelming and my mum had left and hubby was getting ready to go to work for the night and Caoilainn was being naughty, I thought, omg, how am I going to cope with all this???? I had Caoilainn in the naughty corner and was explaining to her that she needed to listen to me and she looks at me with her huge blue eyes and put her arms around me and said "ok mumma, I try be better"......I just burst into tears, so all of us girls were crying, lol!! I know that in a few weeks it wont be as difficult as it is now but for just now it all seems a bit much. I'm coping a lot better today and thank goodness tonight is Rob's last night shift for the week!!!!

:hugs: Things will settle down soon Kirst.

Yes, this was my first c-sect. My placenta abrupted, the Dr thinks at about wk 36 due to my high bp. Every time I got up to walk around, or sit up, or lay on my right side or have a contraction, Isaiah's heart beat would dip down. So they finally determined that a C-sect was neccessary.

But the person giving me the epi was mean. She couldn't get it in on the first try, she tried 3 times!! and finally the Dr had to do it. Then, she had to move the IV that was on my arm. She jammed it really hard into my hand (I have issues with some of the veins in my hand) and it HURT soooo bad. Oh gosh, I was so glad to have that done. My dh was fumming!

Hi Guys!! Nat, I'll keep stallking the thread and await updates...hang in there! Junebug, can't wait to hear your update and see pics of the new lil guy!!! Dorian, thank goodness everything is ok...thanks for checking in! Maple, I can relate to the draining effect of breastfeeding...I literally feel like my lil one is sucking the life outta me! Kirst, glad your DH will be off night shift soon so you can have some down time....I can barely keep my head above water with just one!

Nat, it will happen!!! As my dad says "its more sure than taxes"...lol!

Dorian, that sounds hideous!!!! I bet dh was fuming!!! One time when I was in hospital when pregnant (cant remember which child, lol) they tried 6 times to get a lure in my vein, I was covered in bruises and they had all but wrecked all access in my good arm and eventually had to get the house surgeon to do it. My husband was ready to swing, lol!

JB, cant wait for updates either!

mbababy, thanks....things were much easier last night, I think it was because I had survived the previous night, lol.

Hey Nat, thinking of you :hug: Hope something is happening!!!!

Junebug, congrats on your new lil one!! Would love to see some pics! :) Hope all went well!

Junebug, congratulations :happydance: Is your birth story somewhere? And pics?

Still nothing doing here - induction is looming :wacko:

my update ladies . baby kian was born on 16th of april weighing in at 6lbs :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->