April 7, 2012 - First time mommy! I really want a buddy!

YAY! Happy Birthday Marlee.

My hubby and I actually went and looked at baby stuff the other night. He picked out the travel system he liked...me i don't have a strong opinion either way so he's happy.

It's a boy!

Attachments

• peuf_20111104_34.jpg
    peuf_20111104_34.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
  • peuf_20111104_37.jpg
    peuf_20111104_37.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3
Yay!!! A boy! I want a boy :). Although I can't tell

Congrats!!!!

yay for all the gender reveals!! 7 more days until we find out what we're having- strong feeling its a boy!

Have any of you looked into cloth diapers? Just started doing the research and they are def not the cloth ones our mothers and their mothers grew up using!

We're doing cloth diapers....oh my goodness i mentioned it to a my friend who is also pg and an ob/gyn and she went off on me. I finally got her to shut up by saying well good thing I didn't ask you to do it and since this is my baby and its what i want then I'll do it. And she laughed and said well she wouldn't babysit for me and I said well you live 17 hours away I'd never ask you to.

Anyway, I'm so confused by it all but I want to do it. I'm hoping to find a retail spot that has different brands so I can see them in person. I hate making decisions on products solely on internet research.

We will probably do a trial pack from Jillian's Drawers or some place like that when the baby comes.

I just went today to start my registry. Ahh, there is too much! So overwhelming! I brought my best friend who was in town since she has a 18 month old. Problem was she felt I needed everything she had and should do things her way. I understand having the best things and organic this and that, but I didn't have those things, and neither did generations before us and they turned out ok. I'm just already over the unsolicited advice from everyone!

i agree. I mentioned to my best friend how overwhelmed I felt with what we'll need and she offered to come with me. I love her but sometimes she can be overwhelming and since her husband makes more than DH and I combined our budgets tend to be slightly different. So I'm weary about accepting her advice.

I did talk to my mom and I'm going to visit the week before Christmas and we'll go out and see. I like to think i was raised with all my needs met so I trust her opinion and she's about as easy going a person as I know so she won't be ridiculous.

Anyone planning on using a sling? We're getting a travel system cause DH doesn't want to carry the baby but when I go food shopping or out for a walk or something I think I want to carry our baby in a sling. I started looking those up as well they can be as confusing as cloth diapers....

I'm not ready to have a baby

I am registering for a sling and front carrier for when baby is bigger! I love having them close by!

I had a rough morning, not sure if any of you can help. Woke up at 6 with unbearable pain in my mid left back. I mean, I couldn't breathe or move. My husband had to take me into the bathroom because I started throwing up from the pain. It went away after about 10 mins. I think it was my kidney? Baby has been moving and no bleeding so I don't think it's baby related. It was awful though!

that sounds crazy...I'd definitely call teh doctor just in case. Are you feeling better now?

We have an appointment today at 3:45...not sure what it's for though. My dr doesn't do a/s till week 20...

Registering hurts my brain

I am feeling better as far as the pain goes! It hasn't come back, I'm just exhausted!

haha, yes the registering was so overwhelming. I did about 40 items in store and the rest online so I could read reviews and such. I figure I still have time to change my mind and can always exchange things I don't end up liking! I hope your appt goes well!!

It was quick. Dh wanted to know the gender so we found out. We're having a girl. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I'll have dh scan the u/s pic

We started our registry. I put 5 things on it ( waiting on that excitement to kick in) dh put some others im not aware of. I guessing need to do some research

Are you only registering at one place? And if not are you putting duplicates on them?

congratulations!!! How exciting :) everyone keeps telling me "boys are so much more fun" but I can't wait to have a little girl!

I registered at Babies r us and target but did different items on each! they had a lot of different things and the ones that were the same I went with the better price.

Smart. I love target but heard horror stories about their registry. I do have a target card so maybe I will to get the discount.

I hated registering for our wedding, I just want someone to go register for me haha.

by the way, we are having a boy!

Congrats missangie! Lots of boys it seems! All of my friends are having or have just had boys.

So what I did was made a list of things I wanted to register for and took it into babies r us. I scanned some things there and did my entire target one online since a lot of stuff they don't even carry in the store! It made it easy and fun for me!

Congrats Missangie!!! All my friends are having boys too. I feel like the odd man out with my lil girl but I'm warming up to it.

I felt the same about registering...DH loves it cause for him it's like shopping without a bill. Me I'm not a huge fan. But then again I don't like shopping much at all. I think I will link them all to Amazon moms that way it can keep track of multiple registries. I'll try and add a few things every day or week.

Have you chosen a bath tub? I've got to find the sling I want somewhere. And I haven't even looked at feeding supplies.

here's my bump picture from this morning. It's been more or less this size for the last month or so.

On a cool note DH felt the baby kick last night. I've been feeling her for a few weeks now but never from the outside. Last night I was eating olives and pickles cause I was starving and I prefer salty snacks either she was starving too or she doesn't like (or loves) salty snacks.

I was wondering about that...people always say baby doesn't like something or loves when they eat something else. If there's a lot of movement when you eat something do you assume they are happy or not?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
What bathtub are you guys registering for? Everyone I seem to like gets HORRIBLE reviews when I research them. This is why i hate shopping

Super cute bump!! I just look fat!

I didn't register for a fancy tub but this is what I picked https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=47634550&product_skn=746038

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->