April babies... labour watching!

Hey ladies

Hope you're all good!

Had my 34w MW appointment today and apparently she's 1cm bigger than she should be for her due date. Does that make any difference at all? They said not to worry as 1cm isn't really that much but is it an indicator that she'll be early or just a big baby lol?

x x

what measurements they give you? Was it by ultrasound?
My baby today at 34+3 is about 18 3/4 in long

Also I dont think size matters? tons of women have 10lb babies and are over there due date. Just matters when the body thinks its ready.

Hey ladies

Hope you're all good!

Had my 34w MW appointment today and apparently she's 1cm bigger than she should be for her due date. Does that make any difference at all? They said not to worry as 1cm isn't really that much but is it an indicator that she'll be early or just a big baby lol?

x x

Im guessing you mean by FH? i was also 1cm ahead at my last appointment, whereas the appointment before i was 2cm behind! I dont think its a very good indication of babys size so dont worry x

It has a LOT to do with the amount of amniotic fluid too!

Well she only said 1cm bigger on the FH so i guess i could get to my next appointment at 36w and it could be the correct measurement!

I was just curious/hoping whether it meant that she might be a few days early - but that's just hoping :haha:

lilly- i understand being anxious about baby's size hoping they come a little earlier if bigger. at my last appt. which was 30 weeks (similar to hardd2011, being in japan i get a growth scan every appt.) all of baby's measurments were measuring ahead 31 weeks + a few days, she was estimated to be about 3.6 pounds, and her legs were measuring 32 weeks. yikes! no wonder my ribs hurt! :wacko:. looks like i have a leggy little lady :haha:

but i also agree with MissRhead scans aren't usually the most accurate. i've heard stories of ladies who's scans indicated they would have large babies and baby turned out to be small or average sized and vice versa. also babies have periods where they're growth speeds up and slows down like at my appt. before my last baby was actually behind a few days on some measurements.

AFM my braxton hicks have become more intense to the point where i can even feel pressure in my neck when they happen. also anyone else doing perineal massages to avoid tearing?

lilly- i understand being anxious about baby's size hoping they come a little earlier if bigger. at my last appt. which was 30 weeks (similar to hardd2011, being in japan i get a growth scan every appt.) all of baby's measurments were measuring ahead 31 weeks + a few days, she was estimated to be about 3.6 pounds, and her legs were measuring 32 weeks. yikes! no wonder my ribs hurt! :wacko:. looks like i have a leggy little lady :haha:

but i also agree with MissRhead scans aren't usually the most accurate. i've heard stories of ladies who's scans indicated they would have large babies and baby turned out to be small or average sized and vice versa. also babies have periods where they're growth speeds up and slows down like at my appt. before my last baby was actually behind a few days on some measurements.

AFM my braxton hicks have become more intense to the point where i can even feel pressure in my neck when they happen. also anyone else doing perineal massages to avoid tearing?

My braxon hicks are the same. Like someone choking me. It sucks

Hopefully we can move this on over to the third tri forum now it's March!? (well it is in Australia/NZ anyway!)

I can't believe we can all start saying 'NEXT MONTH!' when people ask 'when are you due?' Eek!

I had an exciting moment last night, DH & I dtd around midnight (DD has finally transitioned into her own room, woohoo!) but after dtd, I went to the toilet, as you do and there were tiny little bits of clear jelly when I wiped, and on my pad (I have to wear one due to stress incontinence, and he looves kicking the bladder!) There wasn't a whole lot at all, but I have a feeling it was a tiny bit of plug! Completely clear and sticky, just like little bits of chopped up jelly! No more today, and I am not feeling any BH's or anything so I know you can lose and regenerate your plug, but I never had this with DD, so it got me excited!

I am going nuts at the moment. Baby needs to be evicted at 37 weeks. I developed PUPP and nothing is trying to give me relief. Doctor gave me a steroid cream and told me to use it if I need sleep :/ The itching is driving me mad. I tried oatmeal baths, oatmeal body wash, oatmeal lotion, keeping my skin moist, benedryl, and anti itch cream. and benedyrl has been the only thing that took the edge off of the itching but still have some itching in spot. I have bumps all over my belly, legs and arms.

Ohh harrd im sorry to hear you are struggling! Have they told you for sure they will induce at 37 weeks? Or is that wishful thinking on your part?
I was induced with my dd at 36 weeks due to medical necessity and she was PERFECT... even latched great... which is usually the biggest issue at that gest age. I cant believe I will be 36 weeks in just a few days... this lil girl is def bigger than dd. I would have to say... having a perfect lil girl at 36 weeks... is going to make this last month quite a bit more difficult knowing she would be fine on the outside. My step sons bday is march 10th... so I keep telling myself that the longer I stay pregnant the further apart their bdays will be... even tho he is 10 this year... so I guess bday parties and stuff arent as big of a deal.anymore for ss.

Anyway.... im due April 2nd... its quite likely I will be having a baby THIS MONTH! Omg! I told dh we have got to seriously get busy on her nursery this week. We are having friends and family over next saturday to celebrate her... so I'm using that as incentive to try to get it done so they can see it complete. Like the fact that im full term in like 11 days from now isnt big enough of a deal! LOL

hardd- i am so sorry about the itching. i feel even worse that i have no solid advice to give you on how to make it stop. i dont know how bad PUPP makes you itch but i know when i am feeling itchy cool compresses always usually help or some sort of cream that offers a cooling sensation like one with menthol, but of course consult with your doctor. also a more natural aporoach like aloe vera gel, and peppermint can offer cooling relief as well. hth :flower:

ttcpostvr- wow how exciting yet nerve wracking that you could be having a baby soon this month! im trying to hold out until at least 37 weeks so i have no plans of hoping to drop this load until the 1st week of April. i have 56 days until my due date and 36 days until being full term. still feels a way aways.

AFM 32 weeks today woo hoo! and heart burn is back boo... and my husband just dropped a bombshell on me yesterday saying since our lease is up in another month or so that he thinks we may move in which we would have to be fully packed and out by late april which is when im due! huh!? someone smack him for me :dohh:

I am having wishful thinking to have this baby around 37 weeks. Here they will only induce you for medical reasons or if you go over 7 to 10 days over due date depending on the baby size and try to have a natural approach of things.

Oh geez... im sorry. Ive heard that can get pretty miserable.

I have been having a LOT of mentstrual like cramping tonight with tightenings. ....thinking about going to.bed early to sleep them away.

did u ladies see that theres another april labor watching thread in the 3rd tri now? i dont know if you guys want to join but it sucks they didt just move this one back over. some of the other ladies hsge moved over already and thats why some have not updated here in sometime.

Hi Ladies! First time mom here. All day today I have had PMS crampy feeling and that horrid ache in my lower back/top of my legs has anyone else had this or have any idea what it might be?
Thank you :)

Hi Ladies! First time mom here. All day today I have had PMS crampy feeling and that horrid ache in my lower back/top of my legs has anyone else had this or have any idea what it might be?
Thank you :)

It could be early labor.

I've been having the same issue the last few days too. No baby, yet. Hoping it means I'm getting closer tho!

Hey Ladies!

Just thought I'd update that I had my little girl last week at 39+4!

Any updates from anyone?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"