April Blossoms Due 2017 - all welcome!

I'm in the UK, but not had my scan yet. We're not having the down's syndrome test but I wasn't aware they do others. Pretty sure the mw didn't mention it, but maybe it's seen as standard, whereas they see the down's syndrome one as optional (at least where I am anyway).

It may be because you declined the downs test they took it that you declined them all? They also screen for Edwards and patos (sp?) syndrome. It's all done in the same measurement - nucal fold.

I was asked about down syndrome testing. I declined and actually had to sign that I decline.

I think I will have too aswell Kazy. She said they will ask again at the scan. You're probably right ceri, I think those three are lumped together. 5 days till my scan!! Cannot wait. Loving my Doppler and the reassurance but I cannot wait to actually see baby again, and tell everyone!

Will you be doing a big announcement? I've told some people already but not sure how/when to tell "the world" as it were!

We've told close friends and family and will announce on Facebook soon.

We'll be telling family and close friends on Thursday after the scan. Not sure if we'll do the whole Facebook thing though.

Can I join? Finally got my due date from my scan yesterday. Due 6th April :) x

Welcome lula! Congratulations! I'm due the same day, however, I have my dating scan today (eeeekkkkk) so that may change!

Ooo good luck. I hope everything goes well for you :) x

Hi lula congrats! I'm due April 6th too :)

Hope your scan goes lovely mrs unicorn ��

Welcome Lula!

Mrs unicorn hope all goes well and you enjoy seeing your little bean!

I am in the waiting room for my appointment. Honestly I am nervous everything I walk in this office. I can't wait until I feel baby move regularly. Then maybe I won't be so nervous!

Thanks girls. Scan went well! So amazing to see our little baby wriggling around. My new EDD is 9th April!

Hey everyone :) Been too busy to really stay caught up on here. I'm still on track for April 6 due date. I had my 12 week scan the other day (one day shy of 13 weeks) and the tech said she thinks it is a boy... as I suspected! I have been feeling really well, only nauseous if I don't eat, and I never once threw up (same as with my first son).

One bummer is that I do have a hernia right above my bellybutton. It hurts so bad. I have to try not to lift my son very much, and I have to wear a belly band to keep things held together as much as I can. I suspected the hernia since the beginning of the pregnancy but yesterday my midwife confirmed it. It's because my abdominal muscles separated with my first pregnancy (my 9.14oz baby) and never went back together (diastasis recti). I wanted to share this with you in case any of you feel you're having pain in your belly and might be having the same problem... especially with a second, third etc pregnancy.

I've also been seeing a wonderful chiropractor who I think is really helping me with lower back pain, and hopefully I'll avoid pelvic pain this time around!!

Hope everyone has a good time entering their 2nd trimesters! The weather here in NY is getting to be so beautiful, I love being pregnant in the fall and winter :)

There's a FB group right? Can someone PM me their name so I can add a friend and get into the group? FB is so much easier for me :)

Is this group only meeting on Facebook now?

It's even fairly quiet on Facebook now that everyone's mostly out of the sick phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->