April Blossoms - how is everyone?

All ok here - looking forward to getting into 3rd tri! I'm getting bigger by the day and starting to get braxton hicks! I didn't have them with DD so it's interesting!

I'm doing ok. Had my first bump measurement last week - 25cms at 25.5 weeks. So all good. Maybe now my mum will stop going in about how 'enormous' I am with a '10 pounder!' As clearly I'm not! DH decorated the nursery over Christmas with his dad. So exciting starting to get the room done!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Ceri, are you getting BHs all the time? I got them pretty regularly with both of my previous babies starting in late 2nd Tri, but haven't had them hardly at all yet with this one.

Yay for getting the nursery decorated, Mrs unicorn! We live in a 2 bedroom, so baby will be going into our room. I love that you're team yellow with your first. I was team yellow with my last 2 and loved it!

24 weeks today, happy V day to me! :thumbup: We did our facebook announcement today, it's the latest I've every publicly announced, but no hiding it anymore! :haha:

Happy v day pitakat! We didn't put anything on Facebook till after our 20 week scan which I suppose is quite late too. Everyone seems to do it at 12 weeks! But, like you say, you can't really hide it now!!

Yeah, us being team yellow seems to be driving everyone else mad. We're totally cool with it, looking forward to the surprise. But it's really bugging our families! And we are keeping the names we have picked out a secret too which is driving them mad as well!

Ceri - hope the BHs ease off soon. I don't think I've had any yet, the thought scares me a bit! Occasionally I've had some light cramping/tightness low down but I think that might just be growing pains?

I only seem to get them when I'm busy. I've had a few days off work over the Christmas holiday and they seem to calmed down a bit. Back to work on Wednesday though so they will probably start back up again!

I've had my glucose tolerance test today and it wasn't awful! The waiting around was a bit boring but all seemed ok.

27 weeks tmro 😬 we've been thinking about getting the room sorted but DD will have to move to another room so need to sort that first. I'm not in any rush!!

Anyone thought about packing a hospital bag yet? I hadn't even thought about it but talk in 3rd tri board got me thinking!

mrs unicorn, DH's family couldn't stand that we hadn't found out the gender of our last baby. They gave him a hard time about it, for sure! My folks never found out with any of their babies, they liked the surprise, as did I!

I haven't even considered a hospital bag yet, Ceri! Seems so early still, but can't believe how close we are to Third Tri! :shock:

Erm yeah I've been thinking about starting my hospital bag :blush: I just like to do everything waaaaay in advance! I can't help it! I might start this week as I'm off work till next week.

Glad the GT was ok. I'm not sure if I'm having it. It wasn't mentioned at my appointment and my next one is at 28.5 weeks. Do you have to have it before then? I read on the NHS website that sometimes, depending where you are in the country, they only do it if you met certain criteria (previous history of it, high bmi, previous big baby etc), which I don't.

It's only offered if you met those criteria or have a direct relative with diabeties- my dads got it. If there are any problems, I'll know by 4pm. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine as my finger prick numbers were normal.

I wasn't even thinking about a bag but read a post in 3rd tri that got me thinking. I feel like it's too early but if I ever have to go in for observation or if anything happens pre-term I feel like I should be prepared. And, I got a lovely, good sized bag for Christmas that would be perfect. I probably won't pack it just yet, but got me thinking.

I thought about team yellow this time but couldn't do it! DH wanted to know and I knew I wouldn't last! I like knowing and don't feel like I'm missing out on the surprise at the end. My mum and dad didn't want to know and thought we had ruined it! When they knew we knew, they wanted to know straight away 😂 Some people just can't help themselves!!

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks ceri! Fx your results come back clear.

Yeah I don't think I'll pack anything just yet but I've started to pull some things together today and have made a list of what I need to buy. Thing is, most of the comfy clothes I want to take I am wearing!

Has anyone felt hiccups yet? I think I have but not 100% sure what they feel like. It's fainter/lighter than normal movement. Like a throbbing/pulsing although it's slower than my pulse, and lasts for a few minutes. Not really sure what else it could be.

Just had a 3D/4D scan! Definitely a boy :blue: and soooo cute already! A bit concerned that his head is measuring 30weeks though!:wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_5448.jpg
    IMG_5448.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5451.jpg
    IMG_5451.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2
Oh wow, they are fab pictures! Maybe his head has had a bit of a growth spurt or something?! Not really the part of his body you want to be measuring two weeks ahead by the time you give birth :haha:

Very cute pictures! I wouldn't worry too much about head size, as long as he comes down in the correct position it'll all be good. My boy has a very large head (98th percentile!) inherited from his dad's side. I did tear a bit when he was born, but only needed a couple stitches.

Ceri - I am so jealous of your lovely pics that I've booked at 3D/4D scan for Wednesday :haha: cannot wait!!

Pita - ouch!! But I guess tearing can happen even with average or small head sizes. I'm pretty scared about the whole tearing thing, I just keep telling myself 'It'll heal'

The heads are pretty soft anyway with the plates so hopefully it won't be too bad. I have a feeling they will monitor me for growth anyway so my planned midwife-led birth might change closer to the time.

I had an episiotomy with DD so I'm slightly worried about that tearing anyway! As it gets closer, I get more worries about birth! 😬😫

I'm excited for birth, I'm excited for the new baby. My girl is about 2 weeks out from her 1st birthday. She's walking already and feeling more like a toddler than a little baby anymore. It's awesome to see her change and grow, but it feels like it's going too fast!

How did your scan go, Mrs unicorn?

It went really well, thanks! It took a while as baby had their arms and hands in front on their face. But eventually we got these amazing pictures!! They look like me! It's so weird but so awesome at the same time!

Attachments

• IMG_4845.jpg
    IMG_4845.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4856.jpg
    IMG_4856.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 0
Very cute! Do you have any feelings on whether baby is a boy or girl?

thanks ladies, I literally cannot stop looking at these pictures!

pita - I've always felt girl. Not sure why though, and we don't mind either way. The funny thing is I always dream it's a boy so who knows :shrug: Are you team yellow too? do you have any feelings either way?

Oooh, I'm excited to see if you have a girl. I'm not team yellow this time around, but I was my two previous pregnancies. We already know this one is a girl. I know some people find out gender so it can help them bond with the baby, but I don't feel like it's any different :shrug: I like the surprise and suspense of not knowing (which is funny because I hate surprises in any other aspect of life :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->