**April Bunnies 2015**

Nope, no rest. =( I hurt really bad today. I woke up at 4:45 this morning and I was full force ahead. I have my internship today but will be done with my hours by the end of the day. I have a conference tomorrow, class on Wednesday and class on Friday. Luckily I won't have to actually come to the schools unless I need to up until baby is born. So that helps. I really need a nap. It's only 10am and I am starting to crash.

Congrats ssjad! :flower:

Can't believe how close we all are now!!

I'm 37weeks + 3 days and on countdown woop! Can't wait to meet my little boy now.. Hoping I don't go overdue!

How is everyone feeling? Xx

I was nesting like crazy for the last two weeks. And while I still have things to accomplish, I just want to sleep now. I could sleep all day if I didn't have my son to look after. I took a long nap yesterday and today I just don't have the motivation to do a single thing. I did manage to do the dishes because they had to be done, but that's it. I also went to the gym. And if I'm tired, that usually gives me energy. Today, there's no difference. I'm counting down the hours until bed time!

Perplexed, I am sure your results will be just perfect!!

Christina, I know what you mean about full steam ahead, and it's exhausting!! I hope you get more rest tonight.

Rebecca, I'd say it's your body telling you to slow down. Sounds like you are listening to it. I think mine is starting to do the same thing.

I worked the whole weekend and today I feel like I've been run over. I hopefully only have one more set of 2 shifts in a row before I'm done, and I simply can't wait.

Had my MW appt today, all seems well with the baby, heart rate is good and he's moving lots, but he is still oblique, head is kinda in my right hip and his butt is on my left side, but his head is close to down and they aren't concerned, they said he's likely to shift when labor starts if not before.

I go back next Thursday for my strep B test and she said to bring my disability papers and they will write me off till he's born, and all I can say is hallelujah! I am so swollen now, all the time it seems and even my face is swollen. My BP was okay today 124/76 which is still too high for my liking by not concerning to them at all. I think it's just time to slow down and take some time to rest. So...hopefully only 5 more shifts at work, I'll be done next Friday.

Also talked to the insurance about getting my breast pump, I can go pick it up whenever I want, so I'm hoping to do that Thursday when I am out shopping for last minute things for the baby with DH's best friend. I know that sounds weird but I was friends with him before I met DH, he actually introduced us. Anyway, we are getting close to being done in Blaze's room, got the closet shelf installed, put his bedding on his crib and I just need to get some organizing bins and things for his sheets and stuff. Still need some little things, like a few more burp cloths, receiving blankets, breast pads, a nursing bra, a bassinet mattress and sheets etc.

We have to use a bassinet instead of the cradle like we'd planned because there is no room for it in our bedroom unless it's across the room and I still had my bassinet from when I was a baby so we are using it till he outgrows it.

Oh, and ssjad, I totally agree, it's going to be like popcorn!!

It feels like my baby is trying hard to push downwards! She keeps ramming into my hip and then other times I get a real heavy 'bowling ball' feeling.

Neither of my older girls engaged at all so I don't expect her to do the same but this feels very odd.

Christina: Hope you manage a nap here or there!

Rebecca: sorry you're so tired! I felt like napping during the day too earlier but didnt get to do it.

Dini: I'm glad your appointment went well. I recall my daughter being in a similar position during 3rd tri, she was head down from 27 weeks but more oblique. At some point her position changed, but I can't remember exactly which week.

Amelie: my daughter didn't engage till the night of the induction, but this lo is already quite low it actually hurts.

Dd woke up around two hours ago. I finally brought her to our bed and seems like she's fallen asleep. Cramping so much that I don't even want to get up and put her in her own bed!

By the way, how do you ladies differentiate between real contractions and bh?

I think DD2 was engaged when they checked at 36 weeks but she definitely popped back up as when they induced me she wasn't.

I feel a bit like I am waddling now - how attractive!

So even before pregnancy I needed ice in my water to drink it. I have to have my water as cold as possible. However in the last I'd say 2-3 days all I want to do is eat the ice. I drink the water... heck I drink A LOT of water... but for some reason I just want to keep eating the ice. That can't be good for my teeth. :wacko:

Dini- Yeah I think my body needs me to rest too. I actually think baby girl is in the midst of another big growth spurt. I have been craving lots of milk and I am so tired I feel like I took sleeping pills.
Glad to hear you are getting off of work soon!

I'm finally in bed and feel like I am just melting into my pillows. I will respond more tomorrow when I am more alert.

Amelie sounds like she's getting ready to get out! Rolling around in there :)

Dini I'm glad for you that you'll hopefully get to quit a little earlier. That will be such a relief. Can't believe how long you've lasted! Any time I feel like whining I think about you like hey, she's still working 12 hour shifts now get it together! :haha:

Christina I love chewing ice too. I don't need ice in my water I prefer either or ;) I don't think its so bad for your teeth, is it?

I'm about to fall asleep will respond better tomorrow. Today was weird I was very dizzy and neither eating not taking a nap helped. My back is also extra bad today. On the bright side I remembered to get tums so I'm laying down now and don't feel like I'm throwing up in the back of my mouth hahaha! Oh but to top everything off my throats been hurting the whole weekend and I'm getting a cold to accompany it! It's like damn everything happens at once.
I did go get some of the last things we needed for the baby today; a changing pad, hamper, some toiletries, and a seat cover for the car. I also got fabric and made a wet bag for dirty cloth diapers! Pretty pleased with myself :haha: :thumbup: I have more so I'm gonna make another medium sized one and then a small one for the diaper bag.
I'm so ready now!

She has given up on going into my pelvis and is now trying to dislodge my left hip bone it feels like :rofl:

I'm much more awake and refreshed this morning. I slept so good last night! I don't think anything could have stopped me from sleeping last night. I did have to get up 3 times to pee, but I just went right back to sleep afterward. So it wasn't bad at all. My body must have needed it. I'll take my bump picture tomorrow to see if there is significant growth.

I think baby Holly has her hands above her head, which is why her head isn't getting lower even though she is descending. I feel hands/fingers moving around very very low. I felt her moving down even lower last night also.

I also felt last night like she was trying to crawl directly out of my belly. It feels like there is absolutely no cushion between the baby and the outside. I can just barely touch my belly and feel every movement. It hurts something crazy when she does this.

Amelie- I have felt that before too! These babies do crazy moves.

Perplexed- I differentiate between real contractions and BH mainly on how they feel. To me, real contractions feel like a painful squeezing feeling. Usually it's a squeezing in my back that makes its way around to the front of my lower abdomen. It feels like my uterus is squeezing, holding for 30-60 seconds, and then just letting go. Sometimes, though, it isn't always the direction. It starts at the top of my bump sometimes and squeezes downwards to the bottom. But it is still more of a squeezing feeling that holds and lets go. Nothing I do can change or stop it. It won't be related to whether I've had water, emptied my bladder, or how I'm positioned.
BH, on the other hand, are more of a hardening of the belly. They can still hurt as the hardened belly is not comfortable, but it isn't that same squeezing feeling. Last time I missed this, because I had the squeezing, but it never started in my back. It wasn't until I was in labor and they got stronger from the pitocin that I realized that was just how my body was handling contractions. Although, this time, it's much more like what they describe. Most of the "real" ones I feel start in my back and work around to the front. And it's all lower back/abdomen.

Maggz- So sorry to hear about how sick you've been! I hope the dizziness goes away today and that you were able to get rested last night.

Christina- I don't know anything about eating ice except that my friend's mom has a problem with eating ice. But hers is like a strange addiction where she eats trays of ice. Maybe your body is trying to cool off?

Maybe! I hadn't thought of that. It has been warm here recently. We went from 20's and 30/40's to 80's and 90's! Now it's back down to the 50's.

Have you had your iron levels checked lately? For some reason, people with low iron tend to like ice, pregnant or not.

Not recently. Last time was same week as my GTT. I had extremely low iron and take an iron supplement bc of it. Maybe I need to take more? I was told only one pill a day.

Do you feel abnormally tired? I would ask for another test and get it re-checked.

They really should check you again. I started out with amazing iron levels - just under 15. I have dropped to 11 something in the past 2 months though, I look really pale and have dark circles under my eyes. 11 still isn't low though.

I always liked to eat ice, but with my low iron levels this time around, I was craving it.

I'm with counting... I just like it it's not necessarily a craving. At least it's better than snacking on chocolate or chips lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->