**April Bunnies 2015**

Congratulations captain! So glad the op went well. Hope your recovery is smooth!

Just wanted to update, for thosde not on facebook: after being admitted to hospital Sunday April 26th with sepsis, Reed came home early this morning. It's a relief to finally be home holding a healthy baby without any tubes or bandages. I know it's silly under the circumstances, but I'm so emotional over his shaved head. We planned on buzzing it all off, but I wasn't able to bring myself to do it, at least not yet. I miss all his thick black hair. At least I still have him though. Between 10 and 32% of babies with sepsis don't survive. Luckily the doctors said I caught it early and acted fast. My beautiful boy:

Attachments

• 11017541_10155545972530694_7827015459963803394_n.jpg
    11017541_10155545972530694_7827015459963803394_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations captain! Have a quick recovery and well done xxxx

He was born with blocked tear ducts, which is incredibly common, about 50% of babies have at least one blocked duct, you can tell because they get a bit goopy (The membrane that allows them to drain hasn't opened yet.) It's common for them to get a bit inflamed and slightly infected but usually they resolve on their own if you clean them with plain water, or with a bit of eye drops from the doctor. In his case in a matter of hours essentially, the tear ducts became severely infected. Newborns are not good at keeping infection in one place, so it spread through his blood and became systemic. So it wasn't really a matter of picking anything up, a common newborn issue just turned into a complete health disaster.

That is so scary Counting :nope:

Penelope has a blocked tear duct, I am cleaning it and putting breast milk in it and it seems fine. But I'm majorly paranoid now.

The chances of what happened to Reed happening to a baby is very very slim. Try not to worry. It's so rare I don't know one other baby in real life or online who has gotten sepsis from a blocked duct.

I have missed so much over here!

Congratulations on your baby girl, Captain!!

Eidson- Your baby boy is just so adorable. I'm glad that big brother is enjoying him!

Holly has a blocked tear duct also. I just clean it out a lot and I have also put breastmilk on it. At her 2 week appointment, the pediatrician told me that it wasn't a big deal and to massage the bridge of her nose downward to try to help clear them out. I am really glad that Reed is all better now and you all are home!

Today, my baby girl is a month old! I really can't believe a month has passed already!

Attachments

• 2015-05-09 13.25.43.jpg
    2015-05-09 13.25.43.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10
Things have gone really quiet on here! I know a lot of us are regularly using the Facebook group but how are the ladies doing who aren't part of it?

Things have been a bit rough for me but I'm coping. Today I go for my six week check up and I intend to be in the gym tomorrow! I can't wait, I feel so gross about myself!
Yesterday I got the first real smile from Logan! Simply gorgeous. Can't believe he's six weeks old now. He does a six hours stretch of sleep most nights, which is great. At least I'm getting some sleep.
Not much else to report. Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm one without Facebook lol! Everything is great here. Jaxson gave me his first social smile yesterday too! He's 5 weeks old today and still only sleeping about 3 hours at a time at night, but luckily he goes back to sleep pretty easily. I go back to work on Friday which really sucks, I've drained all my leave :( but my wife still has a month left. Her c section incision keeps opening a tiny bit. We've been working out the past few days. She does the modifiers so she's taking it easier than me. Her recovery has been great so she just listens to her body and takes it slow.

Wow she's brave! I have waited for my six week check up! I've just left the doctor now so I'll be going back to gym tomorrow! I'm going to start with swimming - I can't wait! I'm determined to be more proactive about getting back into shape this time.
Sorry you have to go back to work so soon! Who will look after Jaxson when your wife goes back to work?

Hi ladies! We doing fine here . Had a few wee smiles past few days and thus morning he was giving his dad lovely big smiles xxx :flower:

Bean a 6 hour stretch is great! Last night Ali only woke twice which is amazing compared to ds1 who still wakes 2/3 times a night lol

I have hv coming this morning and I can't wait to see how much he weighs as he feels a little chunk now!

Hi ladies I have been crap at updating on here! Izzy is going through an eating phase at the moment. She woke three times last night and then would not settle this morning until half 6 which is when her brother decided to get up yawn. Thank goodness for YouTube and Peppa pig lol 😉. I must admit though I am feeling ok as we are getting quite a lot of sleep as Izzy has only been waking twice in the night. She tends to feed constantly and is unsettled from 6-9pm and then will sleep for a good 4-5 hours before she wakes again. She is difficult to settle in the evenings though all she wants to do is feed and then bobs on and off my boob whilst whingeing. Last night I put her in the swing as she was just not feeding but crying constantly. She cried for about 5 mins and went to sleep so wonder if she may have colic? Hopefully it is just a phase. Tbh I am happy to trade off an unsettled evening for some sleep so we shall see how it goes.

We went to Chirk Castle yesterday with both the children which was lovely. DD slept in the Moby all the way around and and DS had a great time running about. I felt he needed a day out as we have spent so much time at home and thought we would make the most of having OH at home.

Bean - that's great that you can start swimming again. I can't wait to start using my treadmill again. Hopefully by six weeks I should be able to find some time in the evenings to use it again.

Eidson - your wife is amazing to be doing that already! I just want to eat everything I sight at the moment so can't wait to start exercising again. I hope her scar heals soon x

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations on all of your April/early May babies!!! I have really enjoyed reading this thread through my pregnancy and following everyone's journey! I always wanted to post but never seemed to have the time between work, exhaustion and having a newborn!!!

I had my April baby girl on April 2 by unplanned c-section. She is doing really well. I had my 6 week check up yesterday and my incision has healed well. I'm also hoping to start exercising again. I love to run, but i'm not sure my abdomen is up to that yet! I am going to start with a long walk today.

Is anyone else finding that breastfeeding is making them really hungry??? I can't stop eating!

I would love to join the Facebook group if possible?

Congrats to everyone on your beautiful babies!!!! :)

She's just very aware and knows her body more than any doctor does I guess. She's comfortable working out so no one can stop her lol. But she's using light weights and skipping the jumping/cardio portions which is smart lol.

When my wife goes back to work well be working opposite shifts so one of us will be home with him while the other is at work. Hoping that works out!

It's nice to see on here again perplexed! I've been wondering how things a have been going for you!
Things are pretty good here. Logan is getting big and is a pretty chilled baby. He's just has his two months shots. Not too much other news here.

Just wanted to congratulate you all.
I've just found out that I'm pregnant again, after a difficult time saying goodbye to our angel & allowing my body to heal.
Hoping we'll get to keep this one. Enjoy your babies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"