**April Bunnies 2015**

Our little Jaxson is a month old on Wednesday! And Jacob loves being a big brother even though Jaxson is pretty boring right now lol.
https://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/Eidson23/98E171ED-49C8-42D7-92C3-2260569335E1_zpsovncl7sg.jpg
https://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a408/Eidson23/7FA8666F-5314-40AD-B8BD-9927DCC78AA4_zpsbhrdpmgn.jpg

Your doing fab Christina:D

Happy 1 month jaxson! He's so cute xxxx

It's may already!!!!! looking forward to seeing all the milestones here of our April babies. First smile, sitting up etc.... The first year goes so quick and they grow so much in that year. Glad to share this journey with you all x

Sorry for not being on here for so long!! It's been a long week (but quick at the same time) and having a newborn is a lot more time consuming than I would've thought :haha:

Markús is doing really well, we had a doctor's appt on Wednesday and he is only 1oz shy of his birthweight, so the doctor was impressed. He has his alert moments where he tries to focus on us and freaks out my DH cause he thinks his eyes are gonna get stuck when he goes crosseyed :rofl: I'm currently wearing him in a boba wrap which is just so cozy I would like to have him in there forever!
He's bf very well but my nipples are just taking a beating and I'd like for nothing more than to walk around the house without a shirt all day. No such luck though as DH's brother lives with us lol...

I started writing this last night and couldn't finish haha - it also took me about 5 days to get the birth story finally written out!

Can't believe all our babies are getting so big already... Northern's baby is 6 weeks, Bean's, Eidson's, and counting's are a month, it's so crazy! Markús hit the one week mark yesterday :)

Hope everyone continues to do well! :flower:

Hey guys - I'm still here, twiddling my thumbs. Nothing happening so Thursday's section seems inevitable! 3 more sleeps!

Got my pre-op session at the hospital on Wednesday so that will consume a couple of hours. Then up early Thursday, quick trip to the poll booth at 7am (I'm in the UK and we have a general election on Thursday) before getting to hospital for 7.30 and then I just wait until it's my slot. It's likely to be afternoon though as they are already busy and will probably need to slot in emergency sections throughout the day too as and when they arise, so chances are I will get pushed back. I will be nil by mouth from midnight on Wednesday though so I'm hoping it won't be late evening or I will be flaking out! In the meantime the baby is thrashing away and in getting no sleep but I like the movement, it is comforting to know the baby is still ok.
Hope you guys are enjoying your little ones! X

I think a general election day baby is quite exciting! It'd be great if you went before then though - there really is a good chance of that happening still.

Is your son excited about the new baby? He is the same age as my older one and she was so emotional and over excited by the end. When she first met baby she burst into happy tears which took me by surprise.

The consultant said he thought it was remote that I would go earlier based on his exam on Thursday but you never know. I'm having loads of Braxton hicks in the evenings but have been for weeks now.

My son is excited although he's quite matter of fact about it - he's been in nursery since he was 6 months old and he knows that babies don't do very much at first. He has made it clear he is absolutely not going to change any stinky nappies and has clarified that the baby won't want to use the iPad anytime soon, and has asked how the baby is going to come out of my tummy (I've explained how he came out and showed him the scar and said that the Dr will give me some medicine before he cuts my tummy so that it doesn't hurt but that I will be sore afterwards and he will need to be careful). He's a lovely little boy, he remembers everything and is very bright and caring, I'm hoping this one turns out the same (although my son was a nightmare newborn - tongue tie, colic, reflux, milk and lactose allergies plus a very 'persistent' personality! I was relieved to go back to work...!)🙈

I didn't go into labour totally naturally (my waters broke after a sweep from the consultant)and the inside part of my cervix was completely shut before she stretched me and it seemed to take forever for me to dilate to 4/5cm. Literally I hit 5cm though and then she was out 25mins later!

Subsequent babies are unpredictable I think and once they get into position it can be fast.

Yes, I think that's the main part of the problem to be honest - if it all happens very fast then the uterine rupture risk is 4 times higher. Anyway, I'm ok with the section now, I was always open minded as there things can't be controlled so just want what is safest. The consequences of uterine rupture are often fatal/permanently damaging for the baby so no point taking any risks.

X

How are you getting on anyway? Do you know what day it is?! I can't imagine having 3! X hope all is well x

I am getting on fine. Like dressed, have been out to take DD1 to preschool on Friday last Friday and then out to see some family on Saturday.

It all seems OK at the moment but DH is home. I am scared of life once he is back at work!

I know a lot of friends who have had planned sections and found them to be wonderful birth experiences - hopefully it'll be positive for you x

Captain I'm glad you're doing well and your DS is taking alright to the upcoming change so far. :) I'm glad your baby is moving well in the meantime, I always found that so reassuring (even though by the end it felt like getting kicked by a toddler 24/7!).

Amelie it's good to hear you're doing well so far! Any pics of the girls together?

DH went to work for a short day today. I cried when he left but have since just nursed Emerson & let him sleep. Eventually put him down in his crib to blow dry my hair and he has been sleeping in there for almost an hour! I don't know what to do with myself! :haha: Did my hair & makeup and had some lunch. Now I have to wake him to nurse so we can go to a breastfeeding group and have him weighed. So odd having a newborn again. But I feel majorly lucky that he's easy so far and nursing so well! :thumbup:

So I finally was able to get to my computer which has very little battery life left. But here is Louise Marie. I can't believe she is now 8 days old!!

A few hours old
11182053_10103874446460081_3572925326997834530_n.jpg

6 days old
11182320_10103886864314601_4242253103044887720_n.jpg

Hi ladies I have been rubbish at updating on here! Izzy is now 9 days old and thriving. She had lost 3% of her birth weight on day 3 so not too bad. She will get weighs again tomorrow. We have had a good time with sleep so far which is great! I think second time round it isn't so hard to get up in the middle of the night as we are used to it already lol! The only problem we seem to have is getting her wind up after a feed. It can take quite a while and she is obviously in pain beforehand bless her.

How is everyone else doing?x

Is day 3 weigh in standard where you are Stripey? We had day 5 and I'm getting a day 8 one tomorrow (and probably day 10 and god knows how many more - my kids take forever to gain weight)

Yeah day 3 and then day 10 apparently. I don't know whether it is standard or because it was my midwife that came out on day 3 and have had other midwives on the other days and Rose specifically wanted to weigh her! I'm sure your DD will gain the weight soon enough babies are all different ☺️

Our yellow bump turned pink, we are over the moon. She was born this morning at 11.19am UK time and weighed 8lb 1oz so feels huge relative to DS although she is the image of him only a bit chubbier.

I'm a bit sore but the op went well and I am surviving without pain meds at the moment. She is a suckoholic just like my son and went straight on the boob with a comfy latch although my milk hasn't come in yet so she must be a bit frustrated!

We have called her (spacing out to avoid Google)
D
E
L
L
A

Middle name Catherine.

Xx

Congratulations Captain!

I love her name, it is really unusual.

I hope your recovery is quick and your aren't to uncomfortable x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online