**April Bunnies 2015**

Congratulations luckymama! So glad he's safe and sound!
Now we just waiting on captain and amelie!

Congrats, Lucky!

Bean, Emerson looks very much like my daughter too! But his temperment is very different so far, which is a good thing. ;) I fell in love with him almost immediately and I'm with you, the only weird thing about him being a boy is maneuvering around all these funny bits during diaper changes. :haha:

With the exception of Saturday night and part of Monday, all he has done is nurse nonstop. My poor nipples! That is the second worst thing so far. Worst has been trying to get my bowels moving again--sorry for tmi but ouch!! I had my placenta encapsulated--so weird but I had to try!--and I really credit that for how relatively emotionally stable I'm feeling!

I'm going to keep checking in on you, Amelie & Captain! So excited for you both to join us on the other side! ;)

Congrats luckymama! X

No news here - seeing the consultant in the morning to discuss the strep and then have the next sweep attempt in the afternoon. Baby still moving around like crazy so I think still not engaged. Ho hum. Hopefully Amelie is having more luck... Xxx.

Hello!

Miss Penelope Daisy arrived yesterday after a stretch and sweep that broke my waters.

At 6.30pm I was 4cm dilated and her head hadn't dropped at all. At 6.55pm she was born!!!!!

7lb 1oz - not quite induced out but 'enticed' out maybe.

No stitches for me and her blood sugars are fine x

Hurray! Congrats Amelie. Lovely name too.

I'm at the hospital waiting to see the consultant about this strep. My appointment was 65 minutes ago. Good old NHS...🙈

Maybe you are going to hold out to share a baby birthday with Duchess Kate?

Good luck with the appointment x

Quick update from me - scheduled section booked for 7th May. That's the earliest they can do it given bank holiday. If I go into labour before then they will see how it's progressing before deciding whether I have an emergency section or try to deliver naturally. But as of today, cervix still closed, so couldn't do a sweep and the consultant didn't think labour was going to happen anytime soon. I wish the section date was sooner but they only do scheduled sections 3 days a week and are crazy busy around the bank holiday weekend so I just have to wait until a week today. At least I can try to enjoy our last weekend as a family of 3 and I only really have Tuesday to occupy myself as Wednesday will be taken up with pre-op tests at the hospital. I'm just a bit frustrated that I will be 3 weeks into my maternity leave by then and I'm only having 6 months (26 weeks) off and it seems such a waste... DS was the same, fashionably late...🙈

Amelie congratulations!! :dance: I can't wait to hear a bit more and see pictures. I'm so happy for you!

Captain that is a real shame about your maternity leave. I'm sorry about that. I hope you're able to enjoy the time with your family until then. I know it's hard when you're so ready! But I really am glad for the great day I got to spend with my daughter before Emerson was born. Maybe you can take a day like that. And there's always a chance you'll go into labor before then. :thumbup:

Emerson is seriously giving my nipples a beating. I think I need a lactation consultant--his latch looks good to me so I don't know what the issue is. :shrug: I really don't want to mess up breastfeeding, I'm so happy he has taken to it! But... Ouch!! :dohh:

Congrats Stripey, Tara, Maggz, Lucky & Amelie! :hugs:

I accidentally logged out of BnB on my phone and couldn't log back on!! On my laptop now finally, lol. Somehow all my bad feelings about the labor have faded and I'm probably exaggerating the good things.

Tara...it will be painful for a few weeks at least. If his latch is good you can usually tell. Do you use nipple cream like Lansinoh?

Tara I'm also still struggling with sore nipples. Not all the time but enough to be annoying. I hope you can sort things out quickly and easily!

Captain I'm sorry you have to wait week! Enjoy your last week as a family of three!

Perplexed I was wondering where you'd gotten too! Is everything going well? How does dd feel about her baby brother?

I took Logan for his one month check up. He's doing well although the dictionary would like him to gain a bit more weight.

Eidson thanks. I am using lanolin on my nipples, I wasn't good about it at first but now I'm doing it constantly and it seems to help. I feel like maybe I should just trust when his latch feels good that it is. I keep wondering whether it will get better on its own once my nipples adjust to the constant pressure & friction!

Bean I'm glad Logan is doing well! How are you doing? How is your DD?

Perplexed it's good to hear from you! I'm glad you're feeling better about your birth. It's okay to exaggerate the good things about a traumatic experience--I find myself doing the same thing.

Tara I'm not doing too badly thanks. Very tired from a bad night last night though! Dh was actually here but it seemed to throw everyone off. Logan took 2 hours to go to sleep as opposed to the normal eat, sleep routine. Once I finally got him to sleep dd came through. All she wanted was me and basically freaked that dh was there. He ended up sleeping on the couch. Got her to sleep and Logan was up to eat again!
Dd is getting much better with Logan. She keeps asking to hold him! She is having an allergic reaction to something at the moment and is covered in hives! I feel so bad for her.

image.jpgMe with both my bubbas. Izzy has settled in very well, Sean is starting to get used to having a sister but is still playing up a little bit. Izzy weighed 8lb 12oz yesterday so the midwife was really chuffed with that as bigger babies sometimes lose more. She has positional talipes which means she curls up like a little frog all the time as she must have been so packed into my tummy so have to straighten her legs when I feed her. This should resolve itself hopefully. My milk came in yesterday so hopefully my nipples will ease off a bit - I actually hAve a blood blister on one from her sucking so hard! So lovely to see ho everyone else is doing 😊👶😍

Reed is doing well t though we are still in hospital and will be for a while. He had a picc line inserted last night and it went very smoothly. They had to shave most of his head so we are going to have to shave him bald when we get released. It breaks my heart. I'm allowed to take him for walks now I've been taught what to do if his picc accidentally got pulled. He is on Iv drip 24/7 though so options are limited on where we can go. Hippie all you other mamas and babies are doing well. The first day of may... Wow!

Counting thank you for updating us about Reed. I'm so glad to hear he's improving! I can't imagine how hard it must be watching your tiny baby go through so much. Is Joey doing alright? How long do they think Reed will need to stay in the hospital?

Stripey the pic of you and your littles is beautiful. :flower: I hope nursing gets more comfortable quickly! I've been really careful about every latch and using the lanolin and I'm already in less pain, so there's hope for all of us. :)

Bean it would be really hard having your DH come and go like that, throwing off your kids and their schedule. It's hard enough trying to handle two LO's with different needs. I'm so sorry your DD has hives! Poor thing.

Nothing much happening here. DH has been working from home a bit more each day. I wish he could have actually taken some time off, but at least he's here and it's not all day yet. We have a photographer coming to do Emerson's newborn pics on Sunday. Did I mention she came to photograph the birth? That was pretty weird, having a woman I barely know taking pictures of such an intimate moment. Especially knowing she'll be using the pics for her website. :blush: It's kind of cool though, knowing we'll have that record.

Joey us doing well, he and dh visited today and I got to hold my big boy for snuggles. It felt so good. I miss him so much. We are expected to be in hospital until Wednesday/Thursday right now. Not so much longer now.

I haven't been on here in a while. I keep meaning to come and post a picture but I'm never at my computer and can't upload one from my phone.

I am still quite sore from the episiotomy but it seems to be getting slightly better though there are moments.

Louise is doing well! She had her first doctor appointment today and is down on weight but is only 7lb6oz and she was 7lb8oz upon discharge from hospital so not bad at all. We are still working on the breastfeeding and I am doing supplemental which goes well. She's such a good baby. Really only cries when you take her clothes off and change her diaper.

One day I'll get to a computer to upload pictures.

Counting I'm glad it won't be too much longer. Hang in there. :hugs:

Christina you'll post pics eventually. Right now you have more important things going on. :) Louise sounds like Emerson, only gets mad when you make him uncomfortable. :) It's nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->