**April Bunnies 2015**

Girls, I just had the best meal of my whole life. Sautéed kale from the farmers market, fresh scrambled eggs, sea salt, pepper and goat cheese. Holy mother. I don't think I've ever eaten anything so good in my whole life. Craving? Maybe. At least it was packed with folic acid and protein!

Especially now that my wife is pregnant, I'm doing much more around the house than usual, without her asking, and only because I just picture her being exhausted and sick and doing the dishes-or laundry-or vacuuming and I don't want her doing that stuff feeling all crappy.
Oh, man, I need a wife.

(But seriously, after my daughter was born, I was like... I totally get why people don't mind having sisterwives.)

Girls, I just had the best meal of my whole life. Sautéed kale from the farmers market, fresh scrambled eggs, sea salt, pepper and goat cheese. Holy mother. I don't think I've ever eaten anything so good in my whole life. Craving? Maybe. At least it was packed with folic acid and protein!

Ohhhhhh man, i love goats cheese.

I hate goats cheese, bleh! Sounds lovely other than that though :)

My lovely husband who was just about on board with ttc (as was I, we did not think it would happen this fast so we're both still iffy and in shock!) has been an absolute dote this past week. He's doing bits and pieces around the house (we'd always do some each but as I'm here a lot of the time I do more), getting me anything I want, giving me hugs when I look like I need one, and googling what he should be doing at the moment to support me :) I'm totally fine, not tired, not sick, so it's very sweet that he's doing more. It also means I'm getting great brownie points for normal things, making dinner, washing clothes, because I'm somehow special and fragile now and aren't I just great for doing all these jobs still :happydance:

Much as I would love to tell some people now I also know that it's better when people know for a shorter time, when we've known relatives or friends were pregnant from 4-8 weeks it drags soooo bad until the baby comes. His mum would drive me mad by then, and I need to work up to telling my mum. I'd love to tell some friends, but again I don't want constant texts asking how I am when nothing's happening and then possibly having to tell them if it doesn't work out, because they would get so upset. I'd prefer to say nothing for now, and if it didn't work out just tell them then, they wouldn't have gotten excited so would deal with it quicker and not go on about it.

Lithodora- You have an excellent husband!

Beankeeper- I hope you have gotten plenty of rest and that the spotting stops!

I think I am going to change my ticker and go with my ultrasound and official due date of April 8th. Mainly because I think I turn a new week every Wednesday. I have been very sick with almost no appetite today. I got my bfp on a Wednesday. I started morning sickness on a Wednesday. :) So, it just seems to make sense! That makes me a raspberry all over again.

Lithodora, my hubby was like that my first pregnancy as well. I was off the pill for about 16 months with nothing happening, and was about to go back on it until I finished school, so he was in total shock when I got pregnant instead! But after his initial days of shock wore off he became the kindest, most gentle and loving man, taking care of me at every turn. It was the best! Sadly, that behavior has NOT resurfaced this time around!! I think he's like, meh, you lived through the last one! :haha:

Northern, your meal sounds amazing! I would totally eat that right now. :munch:

Maggz, I know how you feel, wishing your DH would take the initiative to take care of you. With mine I finally accepted that he will never read me and understand my needs, and he needs very specific requests. Not, Can you please help me with dinner? Rather, Can you please wash and chop these three vegetables and grill the chicken? :p

Eidson, your marriage was sounding so good--women have empathy and most men can't seem to muster it!--until you got to having her hormones throw off yours. I don't need any help in that department! :wacko: I guess I should appreciate that only one of us is an emotional wreck! :haha:

Now I whine for a sec: I'm so freaking *tired*!! I don't wanna exercise! I don't wanna keep avoiding sweets when they sound SO. GOOD. I wanna lie down on the couch while someone makes me some food!! :brat:

Okay, I'm done. Going to my treadmill now. :thumbup: :)

Here's my gorgeous little baby!! Yay! Everything is great! Heart rate of 160 and it's measuring larger than they expected...measured 8weeks even though I am definitely 7w4d (I know because we had IUI). Couldn't be happier right now!!

Attachments

• 10641018_10102496177966237_1318541575313705863_n.jpg
    10641018_10102496177966237_1318541575313705863_n.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 6
Lovely, Sarah! I am so glad you had a good scan. It's so fun to see baby :)

Welcome to all newbies!
And congrats to all who have had good ultrasounds! It's so exciting!

Northern, a 'normal' heart rate for your baby is 120-160, although it's also normal to dip down to 100-110, or go up to 185ish temporarily.
My babies always dip down at times and they're fine. Similarly, their heart rates easily go up to 180ish if they're having a kick, or if I've been eating sugar ;-)
Your heart rate will be the one under 100 generally.

Can I just share how welcoming and open this group is?I was lurking over at another baby message board(including April babies) and things just felt so hostile and cranky. Since I started in ttc back in June, almost everyone has been supportive and nice, not snarky or makes you feel stupid for asking stuff.

Beankeeper I'm so sorry for your spotting and cramping, my thoughts are with you, I am praying for you and your family!

I've had such a busy day today! Did get my ultrasound today though and all went well! Baby measures 6w4d, which honestly I O'd on July 24th so that'd be 6w6d so really baby is right where it should be, just wish I wasn't backtracking lol. Heart rate was perfect at 127. My picture isn't great but I can at least see my little jellybean!

https://s7.postimg.org/j7ino03qv/Ultrasound_8_27_14.jpg

Sara your picture is beautiful!!! What a cute little peanut!!

So I have had the same symptoms today, nausea was very noticeable until about 5pm and I finally ate dinner about an hour ago. Couldn't eat much this morning or afternoon though. I am also sooo freakin tired!! I however am loving every symptom as long as I stay pregnant!!

Today was a great day, however...my stupid washer died today :cry: It may be fixable but I'm sure it will be several hundred dollars and I've had it nearly 10 years so it's time for a new one, however we really don't have the money to spend because what we have in savings was designated for our medical bills from my surgery in January and DH's ER visit...sigh...oh well, can't be without a washer! DH is going to go look for one tomorrow.

I guess I should I reset my ticker, my new due date is now April 18th, so Northern can you add that to the list??

Can I just share how welcoming and open this group is?I was lurking over at another baby message board(including April babies) and things just felt so hostile and cranky. Since I started in ttc back in June, almost everyone has been supportive and nice, not snarky or makes you feel stupid for asking stuff.

I agree!! We need support, not drama!! So glad I found this group!! And actually MrsA I think you directed me here!

:flower: such cute little babies you guys have! So jealous you've had scans!

I'm such a peach right now :nope: my poor DH....I can't help it...I feel miserable. I need to try and be nicer but I swear if he wakes that sleeping baby I can't promise I will :winkwink:

Good news....tomorrow I head to the dr to get meds :happydance:

Hope you are all doing well!
Thinking of those who are still spotting :flower:

Yay MrsA, I totally agree!! It's so amazing to have such an awesome group of women for support and just to listen at such a tumultuous time in our lives! I for one would have snapped already if it wasn't for this group. <3<3:hugs:

HG is apparently back in full force tonight after several good days. I'm on the countdown to 12 weeks for this crap to maybe be over. Blaaahhh. Great way to ruin my night/mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->