~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

D: Now I'm disappointed my arm will sore for afew days. Eek, never had a knot before - at least that I know of, but I'll have to look out for that when I'm sleeping. :p

Sinclair, I had mine a week ago. It didn't hurt for more than a day or two for me. I feel the TDaP is super important around babies and it is worth it to keep your baby healthy. I would ice the knot and just be sure it doesn't get bigger.

Had my growth scan today due to callum being small at birth, all went fine and consultant was happy. She weighs 3lb 2oz now and is head down at the moment :happydance: ive got another scan and consultant meeting at 34 weeks and if that goes well I should be fine to have her at the midwifery led unit so fingers crossed! Xx

I got the tdap shot the same day I did the glucose test and I was only sore for about a day. But they say you can take tylenol and ice your arm. It should stop being so sore soon! :)

For everyone getting the scans, did you ask for them or are they just doing them? Reason I ask is my midwife hasn't said anything about getting another ultrasound before the due date and I really want one just to see him and see how big he is getting but she made it seem like I wont be getting one, so just wondering how you got yours. Thanks!

I think you should ask your midwife about another scan if she hasn't said anything. When I was prego with DS they didn't give me another one after his gender and skeletal until we did the 3D at 29 weeks. With Kynsley I have another scan on Wednesday because earlier in my pregnancy I tested positive for spina bifidia even though my second blood test for it came back negative and her previous scans look great and she's healthy they said sometimes it can cause them to not grow as much in the last couple months or so of pregnancy so they just want to check to make sure she's still where she needs to be. :)

Congrats Sazzle!! :happydance:

wamommy - It's rare that DH annoys me but he annoys me WAY more easily now!

Nats - That's amazing news! Hopefully you get to have your little girl at the midwifery led unit.

AFM: Doing ok. Starting to rely on my crutch a little more. We have our classes tomorrow - excited about that but dreading the drive to the hospital because I seem to be sick every time we make the drive!

Had my 3d scan yesterday. Baby is breech. We are still team yellow

I got the tdap shot the same day I did the glucose test and I was only sore for about a day. But they say you can take tylenol and ice your arm. It should stop being so sore soon! :)

For everyone getting the scans, did you ask for them or are they just doing them? Reason I ask is my midwife hasn't said anything about getting another ultrasound before the due date and I really want one just to see him and see how big he is getting but she made it seem like I wont be getting one, so just wondering how you got yours. Thanks!

I didn't get one after 20 weeks with my son, the only reason I'm getting one this time is because they found a soft marker on her heart at the 20 week that is often gone by 3rd tri. They are calling this ultrasound a "growth check" and actually, when I asked why they were doing it they pretty much admitted that since they found a soft marker, insurances will pay for another one. If her ultrasound had been 100% perfect they wouldn't be doing another. I'm glad I get to see her but I wish the stupid thing on her heart wasn't there. :(

I won't be getting another ultrasound either, unless the baby stays butt-down, in which case they'll probably check out the baby's position near the end. I'm still hoping he/she has flipped!! I honestly can't tell yet. By the end I can feel bumps and shapes under the skin that I can sort of tell are butt or arm or leg. At this point everything just feels like little lumps under the surface!!

Kins, we're still team yellow too, and it's so much harder than I thought it would be! I hate referring to the baby as "it." :haha: I'm sure it will all be worth it on the day it's born, though.

Still :yellow: here too :wave: I like it :) I loved the surprise with DS & it makes the pushing easier in a way cos you're so eager to find out!

I won't get any further scans either. Unless I measure big, in which case there has been talk of additional growth scans due to them being obsessed with DS having been a 'big baby' :dohh:

I feel like I'm finally making progress with prep for baby's arrival :) With the help of my lovely dad, we got DS's new bedroom decorated this weekend. Carpet is being fitted on Thursday & furniture will be bought next weekend. Once DS moves into his new room, we can start on patching up the nursery & sorting baby things :) If I can remember where I stashed everything last time :haha: There's 3 possible hiding places for everything - the garage, the loft & a huge storage cupboard in our bathroom. Hopefully it'll all come back to me!

How is everyone feeling?

We went on a hike yesterday as it was gorgeous out. It was much harder than I thought it would be, but then again what was I expecting at 30 weeks. It was so great to get out of the house. I hate being cooped up all winter.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Momo, getting reeeeaaally tired again :haha:. I bought loads of used baby clothes in excellent condition for $25 off of craigslist. Yesterday I spent the day watching a friend's 2.5 month old baby, the only thing I didn't do was take care of feeding her (breastfed). She is a cuddly baby and cries if left alone, so I held her while her mommy cooked and did homework. But, her mom commented that she really seemed content with me (must be all of the hormones :haha:). My LO squirmed at the baby while I was holding her, he must be jealous!

Wamom sometime I feel like It's hard to be team yellow because I wanna pick cute clothes and stuff but like sazzle says I heard it makes labor easier too because your so excited to find out. 11more weeks! Ahhh

I have a growth scan on Wednesday but The tech who did my 3d scan u/a over the weekend said if baby is still breech they (drs) will prob do another ultrasound later on

I have a scan today for growth and to check cervix length and position of placenta. Apparently, I will be getting these scans every two weeks until 34 weeks!

How is everyone feeling?

I am starting to get to the point where I get hit with waves of exhaustion, but other than that I feel pretty good! I've found that pilates is starting to get harder for me, and carrying around my DS hurts my back! My 5-year-old asked me to pick her up yesterday (she's a tall 50 pounder!) and cried when I had to tell her I just couldn't safely do it! :dohh:

I went to buy some nursing bras on Craigslist yesterday because I gave away all of mine thinking I was finished having babies. It was a GREAT deal already, and we're kind of strapped this month, so I was happy. Anyhow, when we got there the lady just GAVE me an entire bag full of the perfect size/style!! I can barely believe it. She was so nice and said that she just wanted to make sure they were going to someone with a legitimate need and she didn't want any money. There really are still such generous, wonderful people out there!

Wamommy. What did you look on craigslist? Like under maternity?

That's so lovely about the bras! :thumbup: I come across all sorts with the charity work so I love hearing nice stories about people to balance it out!

momo - fair play to you for even considering the hike, never mind giving it a shot! I can't even entertain the idea at the moment :nope:

momo - fair play to you for even considering the hike, never mind giving it a shot! I can't even entertain the idea at the moment :nope:

I didn't think I could make it either, but a bribe of ice cream a back massage from the hubby worked. :haha::blush: I did end up feeling great after and I felt so sluggish before the walk.

I went to buy some nursing bras on Craigslist yesterday because I gave away all of mine thinking I was finished having babies. It was a GREAT deal already, and we're kind of strapped this month, so I was happy. Anyhow, when we got there the lady just GAVE me an entire bag full of the perfect size/style!! I can barely believe it. She was so nice and said that she just wanted to make sure they were going to someone with a legitimate need and she didn't want any money. There really are still such generous, wonderful people out there!

That is awesome! There are still good people out there afterall!

Wamommy. What did you look on craigslist? Like under maternity?

I searched under clothing/accessories and also baby/kids, and just typed "nursing." A lot come up, but rarely the right size. This was just the perfect storm of lucky! :happydance: I don't know what there is in your area, but I also use OfferUp and Bookoo.

momofone, well done DH for offering you a massage! I won't let DH massage me (not that he asks anymore...lol) because it feels like he's tenderizing beef! I think he overestimates what they mean by "deep tissue massage." :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->