~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

30 weeks and saw baby girl this morning!! She's weighing 3 lbs 2 oz. and she's breech. :( hoping she moves soon, she has been extremely uncooperative with her position on every single scan so I'm worried that will continue to birth and I'll need a csection.

I plan on looking up what excercises I can do to make her move and starting that ASAP.

30 weeks and saw baby girl this morning!! She's weighing 3 lbs 2 oz. and she's breech. :( hoping she moves soon, she has been extremely uncooperative with her position on every single scan so I'm worried that will continue to birth and I'll need a csection.

I plan on looking up what excercises I can do to make her move and starting that ASAP.

I'm sorry to hear she's breech, but there is still plenty of time for her to move. :hugs: MY first was a breech c-section and I promise it isn't awful, but don't let them pressure you into one. I know now that there are doctors that will do breech naturally which I didn't know back then. :flower:

I'm sorry to hear she's breech, but there is still plenty of time for her to move. :hugs: MY first was a breech c-section and I promise it isn't awful, but don't let them pressure you into one. I know now that there are doctors that will do breech naturally which I didn't know back then. :flower:

Mine is breech, I can feel him in a U shape in there :growlmad: I keep trying to tell him he needs to flip around, but we'll see. Also, momofone08 is right, you have time and there is something called a version they can try to turn the baby. Fair warning though, it can be painful (you can get an epidural) and it doesn't always work. But, if all else fails and you are dead set against a section, you can try a version first. :flower:

I'm not sure this bubba hasn't flipped to be breech over the last day or so but will def be asking for an ECV this time if so. My daughter was a vaginal breech delivery so I think I'd want a trial labour this time before a c-section if it's another breechling.
I'm a lot more hopeful this time as baby moves around a lot, unlike last time. The spinning babies website has lots of helpful info on altering position.

I'm going the breech crew too :( Saw the MW today & she thinks baby is posterior breech. Although, she did say she wasn't sure cos 'a head feels like a bony bum' at this point but she wrote breech on my notes. I'll be gutted if it is breech & stays there cos that'll be my home birth out the window. I will do anything to avoid a section. I can't look after a newborn, a toddler & recover from a section. And not being able to drive would kill me & drive DS insane! So if it really is breech & stays that way I'll be trying an ECV & hoping they might let me try a breech vaginal delivery if I go to the hospital instead. Please turn, baby!! I definitely think this baby is way more active than DS was so fingers crossed it moves on its own.

I feel the same Sazzle, I was really upset at the thought of a section last time and if it came to needing one with my daughter to look after as well, I just have no idea how I'd manage! I know I'm paranoid about position this time but I'd rather know with enough time to try methods to encourage baby to turn rather than waiting for a scan at 36 weeks if they're not sure!

KJ & bookworm - It's so great that you got to see your little babies again! I still have nearly two weeks to wait :coffee: Hope those babies turn for you x

Wow, we have lots of breech babies at the moment! I have no idea what position my little man is in, I feel like he still flips all the time, as my belly goes hard in all different places at different times during the day. Glad everyone is doing well! I injured my back last week and could barely move, but two visits to the chiropractor and lots of rest over the weekend seems to have done the trick. I am much less stiff now.

My growth ultrasound Monday showed my cervix long and closed, baby weighing 2lb 4oz, and placenta just past the edge of the cervix. Hoping it moves up in time for a vaginal delivery!

I just found out I do not get another ultrasound unless they can't tell the position of the baby in like 6 weeks...but for now they still tell me they can't tell BUT they said it's still early and I am 30 weeks, so you ladies have time! There is some exercises you can do and some ways you can push on the belly that could help! I am hoping your babies turn asap for you!

gawd am i the only one who still has no clue of their babys position?? i didnt last time either, no idea!

gawd am i the only one who still has no clue of their babys position?? i didnt last time either, no idea!

LOL Nah, I'm not sure where mine is either. He/she was butt down at the 19 weeks scan, but I seriously doubt Bubs stayed that way! I'm hoping my OB can tell in the next few weeks just by squishing around on my tummy. She's pretty rough when she does it! I'm always so gentle with my bump. I guess LO is tougher in there than I thought!

Thanks for the support ladies! :hugs:

I can't tell where my LO is by how she feels inside me, I only know from ultrasounds. But the other day she had hiccups and they were right where her head is supposedly at, so that makes sense. Maybe I'll be able to tell if she moves based on hiccups.

I have no clue what position my baby is in either! But like bookworm, the hiccups are where I think the head is supposed to be & where his head was at the last scan (although by the amount of movement I feel I'd be amazed if he's still in that position!) Guess I'll find out in ten days! :happydance:

I'm so achey all the time! My back, my ligaments both above & below the bump, my hips... I can't wait to have this part over & meet my little man!! Next scan is on the 11th & I'm looking forward to find out if he's still measuring a little big. He was a week big at the anatomy scan so it'll be interesting to see if he's still big.

hey ladies mind if i join!? :wave:

im now 28 weeks due April 27th with a girl :).

@little moomin- me too! i have no idea what position my baby is in and my doc never tells me either. i cant tell by the movements as i get strong movements all over. my last appointment was last month and i remember when doc was looking at her face he was below my belly button toward my right side so i can only assume that means shes head down?

There is a website called spinning babies.com that has some good info on getting babies to go head down. I've only glanced at it though since my little boy still has plenty of time to flip. With my first I was actually doing prenatal yoga when I felt her flip. It was pretty crazy to feel.

Had a drs visit on Friday and the doctor said we get a 3d/4d ultrasound around 31 weeks since we've gone to and kept all appointments! Yay! I can't wait to see the baby again one last time! I think it will just make these last weeks go by faster (if that is possible)!

Welcome, Aliko!! :D

KJconard, that is so cool that your Doctor offers a 3d ultrasound if you don't miss any appointments! I wish mine did that! :haha: We had a 3d/4d with our first, but she wouldn't pull her head out of the placenta, and after 2 hour-long trips there we had ONE sort-of clear profile shot, and that's it. DH has said "No" to 3d/4d with the other babies because now he thinks it would be a waste of money. :(

I've had a couple of serious flips, anterior placenta though so movements are really unpredictable this time round (boo). i prob won't be trying to sort out babys position for ages yet as they are still little enough to move, i WILL however be buying my birthing ball this week. lifesaver last time especially for sore hips and back.. can't wait, i even used mine to sit on to watch tv last time

Hi ladies! I'd like some opinions. I think the baby is dropping/has dropped over the weekend. I can breathe easier, there is a lot of pressure down below, it feels like he is constantly putting pressure on my bladder and there is a burning sensation as well. He had the hiccups earlier and they were low so I know he's head down and not just tap dancing on me. He is moving less but enough that I'm not worried about it (he usually has a resting day after several very active ones). No contractions but have been having mild period like cramps on and off throughout the day. No blood or leaking fluids though it has been more painful than usual when walking around. As a FTM, I'm not sure if this is normal this early (I'm almost 32 weeks) or if I should be concerned. I have a doctor appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll talk to her but wondering if I should call tonight. Or if this is all normal and I should just relax about it. Thanks!

Definitely sounds normal to me, hun! And awesome if he's already dropped! My doctor told me that at 30 weeks, only 20% of babies are still breech, most are head down. So your little guy didn't go too early, sounds like perfect timing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->