~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

The other day I was in the hospital for a seizure and afterward I spent hours in L&D to monitor baby. I started having BHs in the ER and they kept coming, my uterus would tighten but not hurt. They were super regular, every 4-5 minutes, so the nurse ended up giving me a shot of terbutiline which helped. Not sure if the seizure started the BHs, but all that action got baby to decide on head down! And I was definitely not dehydrated, they dumped at least 2 liters of IV fluids in me over the course of 8 hours or so.

Think it's safe to say my colostrum is in. TMI but woke up with big white-yellow crusty patches on my PJ top this morning. Attractive! :dohh:

Has anyone had morning sickness return? I've thrown up twice now in the last four days. It just randomly hits me and I need to run for the bathroom. So weird. With my first I had it bad in the first trimester but then once it went away it was gone. With this pregnancy it lasted until week 16 with a random bout at like week 20. I hope its just a fluke and it isn't coming back!

Hi there!

Im due 23rd April with Baby number two and Team :blue: :) x

KJ- mine came back briefly at 27 or 28 weeks. And this last weekend I threw up for the first time...its nothing compared to the nausea from first tri but sneaks up at random times. Hope it gets better for you soon!

Lez- welcome! Congrats on the baby boy!

My bump seems to have disappeared today! I was up at 5am as I was worried that I hadn't felt much movement during the night and baby is always very active once I go to bed. A cup of tea and a biscuit and lying on my left on the sofa worked though. It was my 'turn' for a lie-in this morning so when I got up again, my belly has all dropped down and looks lots smaller?!

Welcome Lez!

Pink lizzy - hope your bump came back, I have days where I look huge and days where bump looks small, think its just the way shes lying.

I had the midwife yesterday, all was fine except bp is slightly rising lately. As im not having headaches or visual disturbances shes not too worried but wants me to go in next wednesday to get checked again and if I do get anything ive got to ring the hospital, hopefully it'll go back down a bit by next week.

Also is anyone else getting bad backache, was shopping earlier and it came on really badly :(

Xx

Has anyone had morning sickness return?

Oh yeah! I had it so bad with first tri & most of second tri & now it's back again! But at least it's only random & for shorter times. I haven't actually gotten sick yet thankfully. I was throwing up almost ten times a day during first tri so hopefully don't go back to that!

Hi there!

Im due 23rd April with Baby number two and Team :blue: :) x

Welcome! :hugs:

My bump seems to have disappeared today! !

I think I get that too! Sometimes I think my bump looks smaller or lower but when I say it to DH he says he doesn't notice anything. As Nat says, I think it's just to do with the way the baby is lying.

Also is anyone else getting bad backache, was shopping earlier and it came on really badly :(

Xx

Yep. Even if I am just sitting down & stay in the one position for too long my back is in agony! I find lying down to stretch it out for a bit really helps.

OOOh thanks!! So I wasn't having BH then....

My midwife said a week ago they couldn't tell his position. I have an appointment Tuesday, I am hoping they can tell then! Is anyone else like 30-32 weeks and not know the position yet? I am starting to panic!

Amco, with Braxton hicks your whole stomach will get hard and tighten. It doesn't last long and they are very sporadic. They will come and go randomly.

Nats- my back pain is so bad! I actually wrote a blog post this morning about it. I'm not sure if I did something to it because yesterday it felt like it was going to give out. Right now it isn't that bad and is just back to the bad pain. I think it has a lot to do with the baby's position but it is still so annoying. My toddler always wants me to hold her and I just can't these days because of it!

Kj the past two days I have had the worst nausea. No vomit but ugh no appetite and when I do eat I feel so nauseated afterward. Feeling a bit better this morning. Dunno if I just have a stomach bug or what because I didn't really have morning sickness in the first tri

Hi Girls!

No morning sickness here, but I do get lots of heartburn. I have also started waking up several times a night, and having trouble getting comfortable in bed. It really is amazing how our bodies prepare us for the months of interrupted sleep to come when baby arrives!

My poor DH keeps asking if it's him or his snoring keeping me awake. I'm like, No, just your son.

Hi everyone! I am so ready for April to get here.

Awkward question but does anyone else get pressure down there AFTER :sex: :blush:

I haven't had any nausea or sickness but my sister had hyperemesis up until about 20 weeks & her sickness returned for a week or so around 34 weeks. The MW told her it was caused by yet another surge in hormones levels :(

I get back ache if I'm on my feet for a long time. So even while teaching now, I try to perch on a table when I can!

:wave: Hi Lez!

Awkward question but does anyone else get pressure down there AFTER :sex: :blush:

My DH knows better than to even ASK me to dtd... lol so I wouldn't know honestly! :dohh:

I got a call from my OB last night that I have to go back for the 3-hour glucose test!! WTH????? I have ZERO risk factors and had no issues with my other 3 babies. My level was 139. I've done some Googling (I know how accurate THAT can be...lol) and some doctors say 130 is a failure and some say 140, so I guess I'm on the bubble? I'm really hoping it was the cup of coffee with sugary creamer I had before going that did it. Ugh. They wanted me to come in today to do the 3 hour, but it's my birthday and I said No Way! I'll go in tomorrow.

Has anyone else failed the one-hour and then passed the 3 hour?

Wamommy, that sucks! I bet you pass though, since you barely failed.
Momo, I haven't DTD in about a week since my tongue hurts from biting it and I loosened a front tooth, so intense kisses hurt. I know DH wants it, I just don't feel like it when I can't kiss him as much as I want. As far as pressure, now that LO is spending more time head down, I feel more just out of the blue, but I assume it would feel that way if we were to DTD.

Momo-when we did it a couple weeks ago it did feel weird and my husband like freaked out so now we don't do it...even though I told him I am fine! This is our first so I think he is just nervous!!

Oh yes heartburn is back like mad!! I sleep super good though and night still, just waking up like 3-4 times to pee but I fall back to sleep right away!

Nats- my back pain is so bad! I actually wrote a blog post this morning about it. I'm not sure if I did something to it because yesterday it felt like it was going to give out. Right now it isn't that bad and is just back to the bad pain. I think it has a lot to do with the baby's position but it is still so annoying. My toddler always wants me to hold her and I just can't these days because of it!

Aw sorry you're suffering too. Its got quite bad, I did a bit of housework this morning while my son was at nursery and it started to hurt right at the end, I just rested for the rest of the day which seemed to help but its started to come back again and feels quite painful tonight. I don't remember it being this bad last time but I'm definitely bigger this time so maybe its that. Bring on April! xx

Has anyone else failed the one-hour and then passed the 3 hour?

I did with my son! I think your chances of passing the 3 hour are really good if you only barely failed the 1 hour. That's exactly what happened to me, I can't remember the numbers but when I failed the one hour, I was only 2 points over the cut off. Then I passed the 3 hour (not sure by how much). A bit of warning- the 3 hour made me SO sick. I was on the verge of puking and the lady doing it told me if I puked I would have to come back. :(

I didn't fail the 1 hour this time- but I barely passed. After getting my results, the nurse at my OB's office even told me that she thinks I might be "carbohydrate intolerant". Which explains my weight gain even though I don't really snack or eat that bad.

About the MS thing, I'm starting to get where a tiny bit of food fills me up and the thought of eating is just bleh. Not MS though. Today when I had lunch with my DS, it was so weird. I didn't want to eat and food sounded gross, but my stomach was growling and gurgling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->