~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

i WILL however be buying my birthing ball this week. lifesaver last time especially for sore hips and back.. can't wait, i even used mine to sit on to watch tv last time

We just had our physio section of our classes the other day & DH came straight home & pumped up our exercise ball which has been sitting in the spare room for ages. I love it!! I hadn't even considered using it during these last few weeks or labour & now I wouldn't be without it!

Hi ladies! I'd like some opinions. I think the baby is dropping/has dropped over the weekend. I can breathe easier, there is a lot of pressure down below, it feels like he is constantly putting pressure on my bladder and there is a burning sensation as well. He had the hiccups earlier and they were low so I know he's head down and not just tap dancing on me. He is moving less but enough that I'm not worried about it (he usually has a resting day after several very active ones). No contractions but have been having mild period like cramps on and off throughout the day. No blood or leaking fluids though it has been more painful than usual when walking around. As a FTM, I'm not sure if this is normal this early (I'm almost 32 weeks) or if I should be concerned. I have a doctor appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll talk to her but wondering if I should call tonight. Or if this is all normal and I should just relax about it. Thanks!

I don't have the burning sensation but I have pretty much everything else you described & am about the same distance along as you! Good to know it's normal - I was definitely going to ask my doctor but my next appointment isn't until the 11th so still a ways to go. Nice to have peace of mind in the mean time :hugs:

Definitely sounds normal to me, hun! And awesome if he's already dropped! My doctor told me that at 30 weeks, only 20% of babies are still breech, most are head down. So your little guy didn't go too early, sounds like perfect timing!

Thank you so much! I'll still talk to my doctor this afternoon but its very reassuring to know that its all normal :)

Kerry-I'll let you know what she says later today...I know it can be frustrating when appointments are further away than we'd like!

Hi Aliko and welcome!

I think baby is still somewhat transverse since most of my movement is felt on sides and not in center. But I will ask at my appointment on Friday.

I've felt a lot of pressure and pain low down on my abdomen when my c-section scar is lately. Anyone else have experience with this?

Hi ladies been AWOL for a while. I'm getting tiered now and still have 6 weeks to work. My LO was head down bum up on last scan 21 jan and was weighing about 3lb. Got another scan 18th February. Also had 3d scan the other week too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
Baby is head down! Yay! And weighing 4 lb 7 oz. All of this from my seizure and subsequent tests in the hospital today. Ugh...what a day!

Hi Aliko and welcome!

I think baby is still somewhat transverse since most of my movement is felt on sides and not in center. But I will ask at my appointment on Friday.

I've felt a lot of pressure and pain low down on my abdomen when my c-section scar is lately. Anyone else have experience with this?

I've had two c-sections and get that pain too. My Dr. said the scar tissue from the previous surgeries is what makes the feeling of the pressure worse.

Baby is head down! Yay! And weighing 4 lb 7 oz. All of this from my seizure and subsequent tests in the hospital today. Ugh...what a day!

Wow that seems big! Did they say you are measuring further along than your dates? At my ultrasound last Thursday mine was 3 lbs 2 oz. and they said they look for them to be around 2.5-3 lbs. I hope you're feeling better, can't believe you had a seizure!!! :Hugs:

Hi ladies been AWOL for a while. I'm getting tiered now and still have 6 weeks to work. My LO was head down bum up on last scan 21 jan and was weighing about 3lb. Got another scan 18th February. Also had 3d scan the other week too.

Gorgeous!!!

Bookworm, I have checked a fetal weight percentile estimate and he was at the 37th percentile. At 27 weeks he weighed 2lb 8 oz, so he is just growing about 1/2 lb a week, perfectly normal.

kksy9b - Thanks! Hope your appointment goes well :hugs:

bw9522 - Your LO is gorgeous!

azure girl - A seizure?! Hope you're ok?

AFM - Not doing too bad today. Still very sore but at least getting off the couch isn't bringing me to tears today! 32 weeks today & appointment this day next week :happydance:

Went to the doctor yesterday. Baby is fine but he hasn't dropped. He is laying low and transverse and putting pressure on my sciatic nerve, which is what is causing the pain and discomfort. So now I need to get this baby to turn a bit! He is off my bladder which is nice as I'm not running to pee every 5 minutes now but there is tremendous pressure on my pelvic bone that makes it painful to walk. Otherwise he is doing great though!

Is anyone else having painful braxton hicks? I've been having them for a while but over the last 3 days they have gotten progressively worse and painful. Right when I get worried I need to go in they calm down. They were coming every 10 minutes yesterday for 4 hours then calmed down. I see my OB this morning, so I will ask her also. My little man is so far down now, I can't go more than 5 minutes without peeing. I doubt he is going to wait until April 1st.

BH get really painful near the end for me, too. It starts to feel like a charlie horse, lol. Hopefully your OB can tell you whether yours are normal or not. I usually get them pretty badly when I have to use the restroom, so maybe the constant need to pee is tied to them for you? I hope they give you a break!

My 3rd baby is 1 year old today!! I can't believe how fast time flies. I REALLY can't believe I'm about to have another newborn... :dohh:

Wow, wamommy, I didn't realise just how close together your youngest 2 will be. You brave lady! lol Happy birthday to your LO :)

I have to say I haven't had any BH lately. I seemed to get more a few weeks back but they settled down at the minute. :hugs: for those who are struggling with them.

This baby is ridiculously active compared to what DS was like. It literally does not stop moving! I've been trying to concentrate on marking tonight but I keep getting distracted by baby acrobatics in my tummy! I swear my entire torso is jerking at times!

Bookworm, I have checked a fetal weight percentile estimate and he was at the 37th percentile. At 27 weeks he weighed 2lb 8 oz, so he is just growing about 1/2 lb a week, perfectly normal.

Hey hun! Hope it didn't sound like I was thinking your baby is huge! :hugs: I'm more worried mine might be small. My doctor's aren't the best at giving me all of the information so I feel like I have to stalk other ladies around the same week I am to make sure everything is okay with my LO growth-wise.

I have been having braxton hicks on and off but nothing too painful.. I did wake up around 6am this morning with horrible sciatica pain.. never went back to sleep and was thinking I was going to have to call in to work... I ended up going to work, but the pain was awful... starting in my lower back shooting down all the way past my knee and almost in my ankle... it was like that for about 8 hours then all of a sudden stopped.... I am a FTM and was wondering if it was normal for it to come on so sudden and then just disappear like it did.. I am not complaining that it's gone believe me it was horrible lol

Hey hun! Hope it didn't sound like I was thinking your baby is huge! :hugs: I'm more worried mine might be small. My doctor's aren't the best at giving me all of the information so I feel like I have to stalk other ladies around the same week I am to make sure everything is okay with my LO growth-wise.

Hahaha it's all good, neither DH or I were big babies, I was 6 lbs 6 oz and he was 3 lb 15 oz due to being a twin with a two vessel cord. I don't expect a big baby, but, who knows? :shrug: I think your little girl is growing just fine though :)

So I am not sure if I have Braxton hicks or not..I get like cramps like dull menstrual cramps sometimes I don't even notice them...then they go away and then I go #2 ..lol sorry for tmi..so I can't tell if they are cramps because of the bathroom or real braxton hicks! How do you know? Has this happened to anyone else?

I started getting Braxton Hicks during week 27. I usually only get them when working out hard. I've read that drinking a lot of water helps and since I've read that I have been drinking a ton of water and think it is helping as I am not getting them as frequently anymore.

Amco, with Braxton hicks your whole stomach will get hard and tighten. It doesn't last long and they are very sporadic. They will come and go randomly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->