~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Congratulations Panda!! Sorry to hear you had such a dramatic time but your little girl is beautiful :hugs:

My birthday on Friday was great! I ate way too much and had an awesome time with the kids. Man, birthdays have sure changed. At 22 I would dance the night away with friends... Now a good time is watching a new Disney movie on the couch with my girls! :haha:

I did the retest yesterday. I didn't realize you had to get your blood drawn 4 times! That wasn't really the problem. It was going back every hour that was annoying, especially when I hadn't eaten since the day before, lol. Fingers crossed I pass! If I had to give up candy I don't know WHAT I'd do!

I know!! I remember my 24th - getting all dolled up & going out with a huge group of friends. My 30th was a slightly more demure affair - watching Lady & the Tramp on the couch while my sick DH slept! Just as well we hadn't a huge thing planned though - that was the day I found out I was pregnant! :haha:

When do you get the results of your test? Hope things go better this time (although I'm sure they will x)

AFM - Next appointment tomorrow. Feel rubbish today. Nearly passed out while sorting laundry & my hip is sore (because I have to sleep on my right all night due to rib pain on my left) but I think the worst has passed for today (famous last words!) A little down because DH is in work & my parents who live next door (& my Mam is pretty much my only company all day) are off on holidays tomorrow so I'll be all lonely. But then maybe I should make the most of the peace & quiet while it lasts!

Congrats Panda, and great job! She's lovely. So glad to hear baby's being well taken care of--hope you are resting up.

Thank you so much everyone. She's our little miracle baby. The nicu is definitely hard, but I know it's the best possible place for her right now. That didn't stop me from bawling like a baby though the first day I left the hospital and had to leave her there. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on her progress.
On the plus side, I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 20 lbs so now I only weigh 3 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight. She wasn't even 3 lbs so I don't even know where all the other weight was,but it's gone now.
Congratulations Panda! She is so adorable in the pics!

Anyone else kinda suddenly realise how big their baby actually is now?! I haven't really thought about labour/bringing baby home yet...but looking at those pics of Emerson at 30 weeks makes me realise I have one of those! I still imagine my baby as a little lemon or something lol!
It's so funny you should say that. Before we knew she was coming early I tried to picture just how big she really was, but it was really hard to imagine. Most of your babies are probably bigger than she is at this point because she also was iugr so she's smaller than she should be.

Congratulations Panda, she is just beautiful :cloud9: Hope her stay in the NICU is as short as possible xx
I'm feeling really fed up at the moment-constant heartburn and being kept awake at night with awful toothache with both my bottom wisdom teeth :cry: Paracetamil just doesn't do anything and I'm exhausted.

Congratulations Panda, shes gorgeous :)

Anyone else kinda suddenly realise how big their baby actually is now?! I haven't really thought about labour/bringing baby home yet...but looking at those pics of Emerson at 30 weeks makes me realise I have one of those! I still imagine my baby as a little lemon or something lol!

It is strange to think of how big they actually are in there, even with my ever expanding tummy I still find it hard to imagine! Xx

Hi everyone! Mind if I join? I'm new here, 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm having a RCS first week in April.
I've also been having BH and it worried me. I had it maybe twice last pregnancy, after 35 weeks. This time they started at around 22 weeks and are more frequent now.

Congratulations :D she is wonderful, so glad they caught the pe in time, is your bp back down to normal now? Nicu must be really hard going, but like you say, for the best just now xxx

Thanks again ladies. She's one week old today and she's slowly but surely growing. Up to 2 lbs 6 oz as of last night so just 2 more oz to go until she's back at birth weight. She's still having issues with lungs, kidneys, and liver, but nothing that isn't manageable or unexpected. Her systems are just so immature still.

Little Moomin, my blood pressure is not back to normal yet, but it's considerably better than the 205/96 they admitted me at. It's been around 130/80 now, but that's while on blood pressure meds. Hopefully it'll go back to normal soon and I can get off the meds. The crazy thing about my pressure being that high is I didn't even feel it. I had no clue something was wrong and actually drove myself to the hospital (my husband is a bit of a scary driver so I tend to drive everywhere). We only went in because at my regular appointment 2 days before my pressure was slightly elevated (124/92) and there was some protein in the urine. My doctor had me do a 24 hour urine collection to measure the protein over a longer period and as soon as she had the results so told me to go to the hospital immediately to at least be monitored, but she sent me to a different hospital than the one I was supposed to deliver at because they have a level 3 nicu and my hospital didn't.

Panda, she is just precious! You are in my prayers! Hopefully she will have a speedy recovery and be home with you before you know it.

Hi everyone! Mind if I join? I'm new here, 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm having a RCS first week in April.
I've also been having BH and it worried me. I had it maybe twice last pregnancy, after 35 weeks. This time they started at around 22 weeks and are more frequent now.

Hiya :wave:

Welcome to the april thread xx

I just had to share a funny story. DH and I were walking around the store for awhile and he looked at me and asked, "What's wrong? You're limping." I shook my head and walked on, but he insisted I tell him. Finally, I said, "I'm just waddling because of the pressure, but thanks for asking." I'll admit I was flippant with him, but I didn't want to explain it with people walking by. :nope:

hey ladies im just wondering am i the only one who has started a 37 week countdown? i am so ready for 37 weeks to be here so i can start labor watching! 53 days to go :wacko:

I had the midwife yesterday, all was fine except bp is slightly rising lately. As im not having headaches or visual disturbances shes not too worried but wants me to go in next wednesday to get checked again and if I do get anything ive got to ring the hospital, hopefully it'll go back down a bit by next week.

Well I had my checkup again today and luckily my bp has gone back down which is good, hoping it stays down :) ive got my next growth scan in two weeks time at 34 weeks then next time I see the midwife I will be 36 weeks which is kind of scary!

Anyone packed their hospital bags or washed their babies things yet? I was thinking of doing it about 33 - 34 weeks but not sure if its a bit early, I can't remember when i did it last time with Callum xx

I am definitely not counting down to being full term :nope: Too much to do still! I made a start on clearing things out of the nursery on my last day off so will plod on with more tomorrow. Then need to strip the wall paper on one wall (don't ask! Botched DIY by DH :dohh: ), re-paper that wall, paint the ceiling (thanks to a leaking toilet above that's now sorted) & re-carpet before I can even think about digging out the newborn clothes to wash them. I need more time! In fact, no, I just need more toddler free time to achieve these things!

Nats- glad to hear the bp went back down! It is crazy how quickly we are all coming up to delivery! Im 33 weeks and just picked up detergent last night. Starting tonight on washing the sheets clothes blankets etc. Haven't started packing hospital bags yet but plan to do so the beginning of March.

Aliko- definitely NOT counting down to full term yet! More just looking at the list of things to do and trying to get through as much as I can while the energy is still there! Hoping to be pretty much ready by end of month and will start counting down then :)

:haha: SazzleR, I totally understand needing kid-free time!! I could get SO much done if I could hire a nanny for like, a week... lol. For now I do the odd one-hour job here and there while DH takes the kids, but I have WAY too much left to do.

Nats, I'm glad your BP is going the right direction! I honestly won't pack my hospital bag until about 36 weeks. I'd like to say I'll do it earlier, but I know I won't! :dohh:

oh i feel silly for starting a countdown now haha :haha:. i guess im just bored since i already stopped work and my hospital bags are already somewhat packed i've just been home twiddling my thumbs. i do have a major spring cleaning planned that i plan to start maybe around week 34/35 in which i plan to wash curtains, wipe down walls and floor boards, clean out window frames, organize closets etc. but im doing that more so to just pass the time.

oh and this is my 1st baby so maybe thats why im so anxious...

Aliko-I sort of on a countdown for 37 weeks as that's when I'll start my maternity leave and I'm pretty desperate to have more time to get stuff done!
I will need to start washing things in the next few weeks and working out what I need to put in hospital bags as well as setting up the crib in our room etc.

pinklizzy- yea i understand everyone's sentiments. i guess i just have to much time on my hands. i shouldnt of stopped work so early :dohh:.

Hey ladies!! I am not counting down yet either! lol My shower is next week so after we have that and everything is set-up and put away I will definitely begin the countdown!!! I did find out he is head down and back-up so he is in perfect position! lol

Question, I need your opinions. Ok so I am due April 14th. I just found out there is a breastfeeding class this Saturday from 1-3. Now my hubby and I were planning on going to lunch at outback (got gift cards) for Valentine's Day since Friday and Saturday night will be like way too packed. So we could just go at like 11 and eat then go straight to the class.. OR the next class is March 29th so cutting it super close to the due date! And if I go early I miss it entirely. This is my first baby so I doubt I will go early but you never know...if you were in my shoes, what class would you go too? Or do you think the class isn't worth it? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->