~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I had an appt today. Biophysical profile was PERFECT. Doc gave me flexeril for awful back pain I have been having. Hoping it helps. I can't believe I am full term in 21 days and due in 42. We have sooo much to do still.

I had an appt today. Biophysical profile was PERFECT. Doc gave me flexeril for awful back pain I have been having. Hoping it helps. I can't believe I am full term in 21 days and due in 42. We have sooo much to do still.

I'm so glad your biophysical profile was perfect! :happydance:
Flexeril worked really well for my best friend. She swears by it!
Isn't it crazy how soon our little ones will be here?! I am due in 42 days and having a csection in 41 unless my munchkin decided he wants to come in March instead!

Amcolecchi - Glad your class went well! I definitely felt a lot more prepared after mine :thumbup:

GlassPeony - Sorry to hear you haven't been well! Hopefully you're ok now x

SazzleR - So sorry to hear your ms is back! I had it awful for the first two trimesters. I have a small touch of it back but not as bad as you. Hope it passes soon x

momofone - So sorry to hear about your work! Hope your job is safe!

I can't believe I am full term in 21 days and due in 42.

Oh. My. God. I didn't realise until I saw it in black & white! So soon!

Karry-I did end up going. It was around 2 hours and actually for a first time mom very helpful BUT she said the lactation consultant will be there and will do a refresher course once the baby is born and then she or someone is always there so you can always ask for help! :)

Afm-last week they said he was head down and I did feel hiccups pretty low...but I was getting like jabbed in my lower belly and I am hoping that is his arms and not legs lol I want him to stay head down!! Does anyone else have this too? I have a small torso so there isn't much room lol

I have the same thing sometimes. I will feel really low hiccups one day and low "punches" but then later I will feel high hiccups so I think she is still all over the place and hasn't settled into a head down position yet.

Bookworm-Ya it's crazy to feel them everywhere! Every time I see the midwife I ask where he is laying, hoping he will be head down by birth!! How often are you going? I am sure most of us are going to be going every week now!!! So exciting!!

My mischievous baby has flipped to breach again :dohh: It had hiccoughs this afternoon & I felt them top left :( It must've done a U turn in the night. Grrr! It best go head down again tonight!

Sazzle-Aww!! You are still early which is good because he/she should flip back down! I am actually trying to google like stretches or things that could help a baby go head down! Does anyone know of any?

I've mostly read to spend time on all fours, like a cat. I do that anyway to stretch my back out, but they say to stay there for an hour a day! If only I had that kind of time... :haha:

Bookworm-Ya it's crazy to feel them everywhere! Every time I see the midwife I ask where he is laying, hoping he will be head down by birth!! How often are you going? I am sure most of us are going to be going every week now!!! So exciting!!

Sazzle-Aww!! You are still early which is good because he/she should flip back down! I am actually trying to google like stretches or things that could help a baby go head down! Does anyone know of any?

I'm every 2 weeks right now, I think at 36 weeks I'll be every week. It is very scary to think about!! It went so fast with my son after going weekly!!

I've heard VERY good things about this website for getting your baby to flip (Disclaimer- haven't tried it myself yet, but I plan to soon!!)

www.spinningbabies.com
At the top under "baby positions" it looks like you can select exactly how your baby is lying, if you know, to see what to do to encourage them to flip!

So....I've had braxton hicks here and there, nothing major. And I had them with my son as well. But today, I've been having "contractions". They're actually a bit painful, though not regular. Also having period cramps with them, though not every time. I thought I knew what braxton hicks felt like, but these feel more "real". Are they still considered braxton hicks because they aren't regular?

Not sure of they are still considered BH or not. My doctor said to call if there were more than 4 an hour or closer than 15 min apart. Are you able to sit down and rest for a bit ( hard to do with a LO I know)- maybe that will help?

Thanks, that site has a ton of information!! I am going to do some of those stretches every night! I do the cat/cow pose now but not long enough for an hour!! I try to do it once a day!

I'm every 2 weeks right now, I think at 36 weeks I'll be every week. It is very scary to think about!! It went so fast with my son after going weekly!!

I've heard VERY good things about this website for getting your baby to flip (Disclaimer- haven't tried it myself yet, but I plan to soon!!)

www.spinningbabies.com
At the top under "baby positions" it looks like you can select exactly how your baby is lying, if you know, to see what to do to encourage them to flip!

Not sure of they are still considered BH or not. My doctor said to call if there were more than 4 an hour or closer than 15 min apart. Are you able to sit down and rest for a bit ( hard to do with a LO I know)- maybe that will help?

Oh that's good to know about 4/hr or 15 mins. apart. I think mine were doing just about that much yesterday. They were inconsistently around every 10 minutes. I tried to relax last night after he went to bed and haven't done much today but I really have been doing a lot more in general. Once the weather got nicer here, I was making sure to walk to to the park for some exercise with my LO.

I'm worried it's the RLT I've been drinking. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of it, so basically during the later stages of pregnancy you can drink a tea that will help you during labor. It's NOT supposed to induce labor. Here is an explanation of how it helps:
Raspberry leaf tea contains the alkaloid 'fragine' which is said to strengthen and tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking raspberry leaf during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the second stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

I drank it my first pregnancy (and also took EPO, but I haven't started that yet because it's not until 34 wks)- but I really really think it made a world of difference. I only pushed for 15 minutes, and I went from a 4 to a 10 in just a few hours. I think around 6 AM I was a 4 but by 10:30 AM, he was born.

Well, when I was expecting my son, I remember getting slight menstrual cramps after drinking the tea. But I was just really careful not to drink too much and to stop it immediately if needed, but it ended up being fine. He was born at 39+5- 2 days early.

Soo...you're supposed to start it around 32 weeks, and I was a few days late so I've only drank it about 4 times. But I think I'm going to stop temporarily until I start the EPO too. Sorry for the essay, anyone else have experience with the two? I have experience from my last pregnancy and NO regrets from doing it, but for some reason it's got me worried this time.

Here's a link to a thread with all the info you could ever need about RLT and EPO: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

Wow bookworm-so raspberry leaf tea did help you that much? When do you advise to start drinking it? I am going to drink it! They actually had a raspberry leaf tea that could help you get pregnant that I drank and got pregnant that month so I do believe in the powers of tea! So I was just wondering when you started to drink it and how often? Like once a day?

Wow bookworm-so raspberry leaf tea did help you that much? When do you advise to start drinking it? I am going to drink it! They actually had a raspberry leaf tea that could help you get pregnant that I drank and got pregnant that month so I do believe in the powers of tea! So I was just wondering when you started to drink it and how often? Like once a day?

My son was my first baby and I drank it, so I have nothing to compare it to...but I really think it helped me a ton! I had a great labor experience with him, and I think because it was fairly short. Not only how quickly I went from 4 to 10 but also pushing him out so quickly.

With my son, I started at 35 weeks. This time, I started at 32. I would definitely read this: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html for all of the info about what to do, but basically it's suggested you start at 32 weeks and slowly increase from 1 cup/day to about 4 per day. I think I'm more sensitive to the tea than most people, so I don't plan on drinking 4 cups, maybe by the end I will be drinking 2/day. When I get to the point where she's ready to be born (full term, etc)- then I will just drink as much as I want without worry.

I also did EPO as well, so I'm not sure which one was the most help- maybe a combination?

Bookworm- Do you take the EPO internally or just orally? If I want to attempt a VBA2C I have to go into spontaneous labor before April 1st (39+6). So I'm hoping for something in the 39th week.

I drank RLT with DS & am convinced it help to give me a short labour. My waters went at 11.30pm, I had no pain following that til about 1am & he was born at 7.40am :thumbup: Pretty short for a first labour. I was already 8cm when I got to the hospital about 4am.

I will definitely be drinking it this time again. My SIL drank it with her first & had a short, easy time. She didn't bother with her second & her labour was much longer. I'm sure it helps.

I plan to do the same regime as with DS. 1 cup per day from 34 weeks, increasing to 2 per day at 36 weeks then up to 3 at 38 weeks.

Bookworm- Do you take the EPO internally or just orally? If I want to attempt a VBA2C I have to go into spontaneous labor before April 1st (39+6). So I'm hoping for something in the 39th week.

I did EPO orally. I did try it internally once or twice towards the end, but not consistently. I hope you get your vbac!!

Momofone- the thread I got my info from specifically says no RLT if you have had a previous csection but it doesn't say for sure about EPO! There is some info about it softening a csection scar....not sure?! Just letting you know before you start something!!

Momofone- the thread I got my info from specifically says no RLT if you have had a previous csection but it doesn't say for sure about EPO! There is some info about it softening a csection scar....not sure?! Just letting you know before you start something!!

Oh wow! Thank you. I will stay clear from RLT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->