~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I found my breastfeeding class for my first very useful! I'd say go now to make sure you get it in. I still remember the nurse who ran it--she'd had 9 kids and never had daycare or a nanny. She and her husband worked opposite shifts and somehow found the time to do it all (and overlap enough to keep having kids!). Anyhow, you'll probably need a refresher with a lactation consultant after baby arrives but those were part of the standard care I received at the hospital when I had my kids.

Also going out to a restaurant with my DH this weekend, just the two of us and then a show. Grandparents taking kids for two nights. So looking forward to the break!

Our Valentine's Day celebration will involve helping my 5-year-old make 24 class valentines and hoping DH takes the baby so I can sleep in! :haha: Maybe, just maybe, he'll be EXTRA romantic and volunteer to change all diapers for the day!

I just got GREAT news. I passed the 3-hour glucose test with flying colors! :happydance: I wasn't even CLOSE to the failing range. I must have really screwed up the one hour with that coffee creamer right before. Mental note for all of you (if you have more babies) what you eat before the test WILL effect it!! I"m just relieved, because I can't imagine having to give up sugar for the rest of this pregnancy. I don't have many vices, but sweets are definitely one.

hey ladies im just wondering am i the only one who has started a 37 week countdown? i am so ready for 37 weeks to be here so i can start labor watching! 53 days to go :wacko:

Ah, after reading this post I checked to see how many days til full term and it's only 35!! :shock: I have SO MUCH to do!!!

oh i feel silly for starting a countdown now haha :haha:. i guess im just bored since i already stopped work and my hospital bags are already somewhat packed i've just been home twiddling my thumbs. i do have a major spring cleaning planned that i plan to start maybe around week 34/35 in which i plan to wash curtains, wipe down walls and floor boards, clean out window frames, organize closets etc. but im doing that more so to just pass the time.

oh and this is my 1st baby so maybe thats why im so anxious...

Definitely do NOT feel silly!!! I think I was the same when I was pregnant with my son, the only reason I'm not as ready this time is because we aren't in the same place we were financially- even though we are better off in a lot of ways, like having bought a house- but I have a lot to do to get my DS ready, like putting him in a big boy bed, and things to buy like baby bedding that I'm having to wait a few more weeks to have the money. :(

CONGRATS Wamommy on the 3 hour glucose!!! :hugs:

Thank you! I think we are going to go to the one this Saturday! It will be worth it and like you said they will do a refresher with the consultant when I am at the hospital!

Awww have a fun Valentine's Day just you two!! :)

I found my breastfeeding class for my first very useful! I'd say go now to make sure you get it in. I still remember the nurse who ran it--she'd had 9 kids and never had daycare or a nanny. She and her husband worked opposite shifts and somehow found the time to do it all (and overlap enough to keep having kids!). Anyhow, you'll probably need a refresher with a lactation consultant after baby arrives but those were part of the standard care I received at the hospital when I had my kids.

Also going out to a restaurant with my DH this weekend, just the two of us and then a show. Grandparents taking kids for two nights. So looking forward to the break!

Hope everyone is having lovely weekends :) We had my sister's surprise baby shower yesterday. She honestly had no idea so it was lovely to see her face when she walked in :) Had a lovely afternoon playing games, giving her presents & a gorgeous afternoon tea spread. One game we played was to cut a length of tape to go around her bump. I used my bump as a gauge & I was the closest but my tape was actually an inch bigger than my sister's bump & she's 7 weeks ahead of me :dohh: I know I make big babys but I'm going to huge in 9 weeks time!!

I came home to an amazing surprise after work last night....my mom, brother, and boyfriend had been super busy all day setting up my son's nursery. My mom bought all of the furniture (crib, changing table, and dresser) I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family. I cried my eyes out.... seeing everything set up in his room makes everything so much more real... I can't wait for him to be here!!!!

does anyone have any experience with Vasa Praevia? Just found out today that i don't have complete praevia, thats its actually been Vasa Praevia this whole time which is much much worse and really scary!!!

They are doing a c section at 37 weeks and the only reason they didn't admit me to hospital today is because i live so close. Kinda wishing they did admit me though coz I'm freaking out.

Lisa, I watched a little boy born via section due to vasa previa, his mom was not in the hospital until time for birth. He was a bit small, but otherwise was rather healthy. Hth.

:hugs: Lisa. I'm sure they wouldn't risk letting you go home if you & baby were at immediate risk. Only 3 weeks til you meet your baby!

Azure, thanks for the reassurance, it great to know!!

Sazzle, thank you!! 22 days and counting :)

I'm thinking of asking them if i can stay in hospital from my next appointment next monday.

Lisa- I haven't heard about that form of previa. I am sure your LO will be okay, you are in great hands and seem to have a Dr. who is on top of things. Thinking of you!

Welcome 2ndprincess! :hugs:

Nats21 - So glad to hear your BP is back down! :thumbup:I have most of the baby clothes & bedding washed & hospital bags are mostly good to go - just a few last minute pieces to throw in! Everyone I know seems to be having their babies four weeks early & I was early myself so just want to be prepared just in case!

Aliko - I'm so counting down! I'm counting down to early term, then full term, then the max my doctor will let me go overdue! Makes me feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel. In a fair amount of pain so anything that helps is good!

Amcolecchi - My BF class has been rescheduled until two weeks before my due date so I have similar concerns to you - quite worried that I'm going to miss is entirely! Mind you, if it saves me a trip to the hospital I'm not that fussed! :haha: I plan on making full use of the people that visit afterwards given that it'll be the hospitals fault that I'd have missed the class.

wamommy - Delighted to hear your 3 hour test went well! :thumbup:

AFM - Still having the rib pain which is driving me crazy. Had an awful nights sleep last night because of it. My next appointment is two weeks from tomorrow - I'll be 36 weeks!! :happydance:

Lisa- It sounds like your doctors are closely watching you and I am sure that things will be just fine. Can completely understand your concerns however. Good luck! Just a couple more weeks!

AFM, just got home from doctors. I'm measuring 3 weeks behind but baby grew 2 cm like he was supposed to. They think its just bad positioning (he likes being sideways :dohh:) but if he falls anymore behind they will order an ultrasound. I told the doctor that he is still doing flips and she seemed really surprised! Then she measured me and saw that I have a long torso (saw a different doctor in the practice today) and was like "oh, makes sense. He's got all kinds of room still in there!" I go back in 2 weeks and then I'm there every week until delivery! It's getting so close!

Karry-I did end up going. It was around 2 hours and actually for a first time mom very helpful BUT she said the lactation consultant will be there and will do a refresher course once the baby is born and then she or someone is always there so you can always ask for help! :)

Afm-last week they said he was head down and I did feel hiccups pretty low...but I was getting like jabbed in my lower belly and I am hoping that is his arms and not legs lol I want him to stay head down!! Does anyone else have this too? I have a small torso so there isn't much room lol

Sorry I haven't been around!

I was put onto bed rest for a week two weeks ago because I came down with the flu and then began to have contractions. It was definitely scary but with enough fluids and rest they stopped and haven't started back up. I'm mostly counting down until I'm term so I can stop worrying about him popping out early, ha.

I feel like my list of things I need to do is expanding off into the sunset with no end in sight, LOL! I'm still gathering everything I need for my hospital bag, I still need to have my baby shower and then go shopping after for whatever doesn't get purchased (shower is March 9th), I still need to cook a bunch of meals to go into the freezer so we have lots of ready to go food, I still need to finish the curtains for his room and putting stuff up on the walls.

My husband wanted us to take classes but I just don't feel like I have the time or energy. Maybe I'll look into it but I'm sort of thinking of just going in and winging it. We shall see.

I'm glad everyone else is doing well-- and Panda, I know this is late, but congratulations on your little girl Emerson and I'm glad she's getting stronger!

:hugs: Peony. That sounds scary. Glad it's all settled down now.

Eurgh. Think MS is back for me :( 2 days out of the past 4, I've felt so nauseous. Haven't actually thrown up but have been close. The first time, I assumed it was a bug but then it went & came back today again. I hope this doesn't last too long. I can't make it to 38+ weeks at work if I feel like this everyday for the next 7 weeks :(

Went for consultant app today. Wiggles is growing but not as they like gotta go back in two weeks instead of four to see how things are going.

Went for consultant app today. Wiggles is growing but not as they like gotta go back in two weeks instead of four to see how things are going.

I hope your little one will surprise the Dr.'s with a nice growth spurt next appointment

We've been really slow at work since November and we were sat down yesterday and told that another purge would be happening. This is the second employee lay off this pregnancy! They said they will look at everyone's attendance and availability in order to make decisions! If we aren't available to work split shifts on other accounts well into the evening, we just might not have a job next week. This is getting so old! Of course this purge is happening right when I've had appointments every 2 weeks and right before my maternity leave and on top of that I have two young children, so need to leave work by 4.

I'm really over this economy!!!

Hope it's good news at your next appointment, bw.

Fingers crossed for you keeping your job momof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->