~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Ouch!!! I have the worst pelvic pain today :cry: I'm seriously hoping it's the result of over doing it at a play centre with DS yesterday & not the start of SPD. Last time, I got mild pelvic pain towards the very end but not this early. Doing the supermarket shop this afternoon was agony :cry: I'm laid in bed now trying to rest so hopefully tomorrow will be better. FX. If not, think I'll have to try & get in with the MW to see if I can get some physio before it's too late.

Ouch Sazzle, hope a night's rest will help!
Is anybody else getting really regular tightenings? I've had them every 5-10 mins or so this afternoon at work, slightly uncomfortable but not painful. I thought it might be due to being busy at work but they are still happening since I've been sat here at home :shrug:

Oh SazzleR, I hope it isn't SPD! I would definitely take it easy and ask the midwife what to do. :hugs:

pinklizzy, I've been having some major BH lately. I've had them off and on since about 18 weeks, but the past week they have HURT and been much more frequent. I like to tell myself my uterus is "working out" and getting stronger for a nice, fast labor!

Ouch!!! I have the worst pelvic pain today :cry: I'm seriously hoping it's the result of over doing it at a play centre with DS yesterday & not the start of SPD. Last time, I got mild pelvic pain towards the very end but not this early. Doing the supermarket shop this afternoon was agony :cry: I'm laid in bed now trying to rest so hopefully tomorrow will be better. FX. If not, think I'll have to try & get in with the MW to see if I can get some physio before it's too late.

Sounds like overdoing it to me, mine was in absolute agony the other day in Asda, once I'd rested it overnight it felt much better. Hope yours is all better soon hun :hugs: xx

Wam.... make sure you are well hydrated, empty bladder, lay on your left side, and take some Tylenol. It's probably from being so.active today. If you are still having them that frequently in a couple of hours and you arent able to check your cervix yourself for changes... I would def go get it checked out to make sure they it's not early preterm labor.

pinklizzy, was your daughter early? The fact that they're regular makes it sound more like early labour :shrug: I have had some BH that have me stop & go 'oooh' but they've never been in a pattern.

Thanks for all the hugs, ladies :) Hopefully after an evening of putting my feet up, I'll be ok. I hope so anyway cos running round after DS don't be much fun if not!

Sazzle, ive had SPD for over a month. I saw a physio which was so amazing.... i was surprised how much it helped. i only had to go twice to learn how to manage it on my own (with OHs help). Having said that i can't do much... i stay off my feet as much as i can because even cleaning the house for longer than 30 mins will have me in agony for days. The physio treatment pretty much gets me through the day as a couch potato comfortably.
See a physio soon before it gets so bad you can't walk!

pinklizzy, was your daughter early? The fact that they're regular makes it sound more like early labour :shrug: I have had some BH that have me stop & go 'oooh' but they've never been in a pattern.

She was a week early, they carried on when I went to bed but then stopped. I'll keep an eye on it over today and ring the mw just to check I think. I do feel like I bother them a lot for a second time mum though!

Glad your physio has helped, Lisa. The pain isn't so bad today so I'll just monitor it over the next couple of days & see how it goes. The Googling I did yesterday helped to make turning over in bed last night less painful... By clenching my buttocks :haha:

Pink, I think we get left alone too much as STMs though! I've hardly seen a MW! And they keep saying if I've got any issues, just to ring & get an appointment & not to wait to my next one. I'm sure you're not bothering them at all :)

I have had major BHs this pregnancy! Actually, every evening they just come and come until I go to bed. About every 10 mins but not really timeable. But honestly I don't do anything special during the day (SAHM) and they still come. They are mostly BH but I have had a few that feel "real"- painful, accompanied with menstrual cramping. My doctor said the BHs are fine but to go to L&D for a check if they are consistent, getting increasingly painful, accompanied by menstrual cramping.

35 weeks TODAY. 14 days til full term and 35 until my due date.
Baby girl is measuring 6 lbs 3 ounces! Already bigger than dd Kizely was when she was born at 36 w (5lbs 15 oz). Looks like she might just be 8+ pounds in the next 5 weeks.

I ended up having to come home early from work today as I was really uncomfortable-rang the mw and was sent up to the assessment unit as also had a reduction in movements. After monitoring they were happy to send me home with a suspected UTI which they think may have caused the painful cramps/BH.
Luckily tomorrow is my day off so I'm hoping to get a bit of a rest, then I only have another 6 days of work (although I'm on call over the weekend but hoping for a quiet one!)

:hugs: pink. Have they given you antibiotics for the UTI? I can't believe you finish work so soon! I still have 6 weeks to go :wacko:

Wow, ttc, you could have a pretty big baby on your hands unless you go early again :)

Thats great ttc, sounds like LO is doing well

Take it easy pink lizzy, hopefully the rest will do you good :hugs:

I've got my 2nd growth scan tomorrow (due to callum being a low birth weight), fingers crossed all being well the consultant will sign me off xx

How was your growth scan, Nats? Good news I hope.

My pelvic pain has been better again today. But we have a party at soft play tomorrow so have to remember not to go on the frame with DS cos I don't want another day like Tuesday :(

Hope it went well Nats!

I keep saying this pregnancy is going fast but all of a sudden its slow lol. I think it's because I've had this goal of packing bags by 35 weeks and it's been on my mind, today I thought "Aren't I 35 weeks?!" Turns out I'm 34. So, gonna try to keep my mind off of it cause I've enjoyed how quickly it's going and I don't want these last 6 weeks to feel so long.

Thinking of you Nats! Hope all went well. :hugs:

SazzleR, glad to hear your hips feel better. :D

bookworm, I'm lucky enough to be the last due date of the month, so I get to live vicariously through all of you! I can't wait to see some babies start showing up! That said, 9 more weeks (more likely 7, based on babies 1, 2 and 3) seems like FOREVER to me at this point. I just might explode!

Got Moses basket and swing out loft tonight and washed them. Also car seat to air. Moved cot into Damon's room. Gonna wash baby clothes when other things are dry.

I'm 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced! We're being induced at 37w2d since I have a blood clotting disorder. So glad my body is starting the process, hopefully it will make the induction easier. We're all packed, except for my things. I've got all my nursing tanks/bras ready to go, but when I've only got a few pairs of pants and undies that fit- I can't really pack them up just yet!

Anyone else been checked at their last appt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->