~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

I get a lot of pressure "down there" too, including waves of pinching, if that makes sense. I think it's LO's head right on the cervix. I try to think of it as a good thing, but BOY it's uncomfortable.

just curious... is there supposed to feel like there is a burning type sensation?....

Do you know if I would have trouble feeling contractions if I don't have the top part of my nerves?

I'm sure you'll still feel them, try not to worry. When I was in labour last time, I could feel my while bump contracting, but honestly only felt the pain in the lower part of my bump. Maybe that's what it'll feel like for you too :shrug:

Ugh I have felt nothing, no BH or anything! I am 34 weeks today with my first! Just wondering, does everyone get BH?

I wouldn't worry, Amco. I had zero BH with DS. Honestly, none whatsoever & no sign of labour approaching at all. Then bam, my waters just went & that was it (admittedly, 8 days past my EDD but never mind!).

This time around I've had quite a few BH. Usually when I've overdone it, running around after DS!

Well I had to go to L&D Saturday night. I called into work Sat. morning due to my feet being huge and swollen and just needed to rest. The whole day I was having consistant braxton hicks, cramping, and sharp pain in my pelvic area. Called my OB and she wanted me to go in and get checked out. All of my tests came back normal except I was a little dehydrated. Was having little contractions here and there on the monitor, but nothing serious. I was never checked to see if I was dialated or anything. It's so hard being a FTM and not knowing what is suppose to be normal or not, but better safe than sorry. So glad my little man isn't coming soon I want him to bake a little longer (even though I am so anxious to meet him) It was crazy being in L&D and super crazy to think he honestly could come at any time. Time to get my hospital bag packed and his room completely finished!!!!

Just got home from the doctors... baby has flipped around (finally!) and is head down!! :happydance::happydance: Also I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced... and grew 3cm in the last 2 weeks so he is only measuring 2 weeks back now and the doctors aren't sending me for a growth scan (relieved about this!) Yesterday was an absolutely terrible day... my mom broke her leg slipping on ice and we had to put our dog down suddenly (he was 15 and we discovered he had tumors in his abdomen and on his spleen that started bleeding into his stomach). He had been with my husband almost his whole life and was 1/3 of our family. Needed good news about the baby to help lift our spirits and it has certainly helped.

Full term in 1 week, 3 weeks to being done with work and less than a month to due date! Should have everything ready by the end of this weekend and then I am in full countdown mode!

Af type cramps still going. Seemed to get stronger tonight don't know if that's because Damon was climbing on me or in sympathy for the girls on OBEM. They were stronger but bearable. Also lower back ache. It gave me the kick start though to sort out hospital bag. Once I started moving they seem To ease but now laying in bed I can feel them again. Oh we'll I have growth scan and consultant app at hospital in less 8 hrs (9.15) so will know more then.

Hope everyone is keeping well (or as well as can be expected!)

kksy9b - So sorry to hear your bad news. Thinking of you :hugs:

AFM - Had my 36 week appointment this morning. Back in again next week for another appointment with the consultant & GTT test (despite me asking to be tested ages ago!) I'm exactly 36 weeks today & the baby is measuring 41w1d!! So looking like an elective C - seems to be what the consultant thinks is best. What do you ladies think?

KK, so sorry to hear about your dog and your mom--when it rains it pours! But at least baby and mom are all right.

Karry, I've heard of a quite a few moms who are told they are having large babies and then baby comes out weighing less than estimate. So I think it's fine for you to be a bit skeptical and ask lots of questions. Or perhaps induction is an option. All I know is that it took a lot more time for me to recover from my c-section than my natural birth and now I have a lot of muscle tightness around my c-section scar this pg which is painful. But everyone and every situation is different. Good luck!

I am officially in freak out mode..I went to the midwife today and she thinks he is breech so I have an ultrasound Thursday..I think he is too because of how I feel him and I am freaking out...has any ladies here had a baby breech by 34 weeks and he/she has turned? She said if he is breech she has a ton of stretches for me to do and worse come to worse the chiropractor.

:hugs: kksy. That really was a rotten day :(

Karry, is that estimate of baby's size from a growth scan? They can be so off in terms if size. After all, they're trying to measure a moving baby from a 2D, blurry image. I think I'd definitely be asking questions, even if they suggest induction. I think it's very rare that a woman produces a baby that she is too small to give birth to naturally.

:hugs: Amco. I'm sure baby will flip with the exercises. It sounds like your doctor wants to do everything to flip baby. Don't panic yet :)

Thank you! I think she just freaked me out. But yes she is going to try to do lots of stretches and then see a chiropractor if nothing...just trying super hard to avoid the c-section!

Amcole- my LO has been either breeched or transverse the entire pregnancy (even at a 12 week scan they were labeling him breeched). Then suddenly he just flipped himself and is now head down (I've been trying to sit straight up more, leaning forward, doing the pelvic tilts etc)...try not to worry...I'm sure baby Matteo will cooperate!

Amcole, it totally makes sense why you've been having so much rib pain! I just put two and two together, since I know breech babies cause a lot more shortness of breath and rib pain because the head is up there. Hopefully the exercises work and the little bugger flips! You may have some much welcome relief from the rib pain, too. :D

Amcole- I would definitely invest in an exercise ball. There are exercises that can help move baby using it and once he flips bouncing will help bring him down into your pelvis.

Amcole, my little guy has been breech and transverse my entire pregnancy and my doctor said not to worry about it and that most will be flipped by 36 weeks. I am trying not to think about it and I guess will deal with it if he is still breech at 36 weeks.

Thanks MonyMony & SazzleR! That estimate was from an ultrasound. At the previous one only three weeks ago we were told he was measuring fine (although she didn't actually take any measurements :shrug:) & now he's suddenly over a month bigger than he should be!? I guess I'll see what she says at next weeks appointment... She has me rightly freaked out now & I just want him out! I know it's probably rubbish but I can't shake the feeling that if he's so big he might be putting extra pressure on the placenta & it could fail! :cry:

kksy: So sorry to hear about your mom and your dog! What a rotten day, but I'm so happy you got good news about LO!

I'm exactly 36 weeks today & the baby is measuring 41w1d!! So looking like an elective C - seems to be what the consultant thinks is best. What do you ladies think?

I think I would be asking a lot of questions and wanting a growth scan to measure baby before choosing an elective c-section. I have heard way too many stories about mom being told baby is HUGE then being little- my nephew was supposedly 9 lbs, induced 3 weeks early then he wouldn't come b/c doc said he wouldn't "fit", emergency c-section and came out just over 6 lbs. However, a good friend was told her baby seemed big, probably 9 lbs and came out at 10lbs- they didn't induce until a couple of days before 40 weeks though.

This is easy for me to say though, sitting on this side of my computer. Go with your gut :hugs:

I am officially in freak out mode..I went to the midwife today and she thinks he is breech so I have an ultrasound Thursday..I think he is too because of how I feel him and I am freaking out...has any ladies here had a baby breech by 34 weeks and he/she has turned? She said if he is breech she has a ton of stretches for me to do and worse come to worse the chiropractor.

My baby girl was transverse at 34 weeks, flipped and has stayed head down since a couple of days before I turned 35 weeks. You still have time and your doc sounds like she is ready to help in any way she can to get him moved! Good luck!

I'm on bedrest, ladies! Another trip to L&D yesterday, still the same dilation and effacement, although cervix was high this time but more contractions, so doc said I'm to stay home and rest, which slows the contractions down somewhat. I'm still having them but not as frequently. Anyway, I'm on rest until the 10th at my next appointment. The doc's office said after 37 weeks, they won't fight to stop labor but ideally she'll get all the way to 39 weeks before she makes her appearance. I may be on rest for awhile! I hope she makes it all the way to April, that's my goal!

How is everyone else doing today?

I think I would be asking a lot of questions and wanting a growth scan to measure baby before choosing an elective c-section. I have heard way too many stories about mom being told baby is HUGE then being little- my nephew was supposedly 9 lbs, induced 3 weeks early then he wouldn't come b/c doc said he wouldn't "fit", emergency c-section and came out just over 6 lbs. However, a good friend was told her baby seemed big, probably 9 lbs and came out at 10lbs- they didn't induce until a couple of days before 40 weeks though.

This is easy for me to say though, sitting on this side of my computer. Go with your gut :hugs:

I'm on bedrest, ladies! Another trip to L&D yesterday, still the same dilation and effacement, although cervix was high this time but more contractions, so doc said I'm to stay home and rest, which slows the contractions down somewhat. I'm still having them but not as frequently. Anyway, I'm on rest until the 10th at my next appointment. The doc's office said after 37 weeks, they won't fight to stop labor but ideally she'll get all the way to 39 weeks before she makes her appearance. I may be on rest for awhile! I hope she makes it all the way to April, that's my goal!

How is everyone else doing today?

Is there a difference between a regular ultrasound where the consultant takes a measurement (just of head) & a growth scan? I know the weights can be off but my bump is HUGE too! I was told previously that it was mostly fluid but not anymore apparently! :shrug:

Sorry to hear you're stuck on bed rest! Hope she sticks in there for another while! :thumbup:

Another breech mama here. My LO has been lying weird since 12 weeks, a least and I was told breech at 27. Well, here I am 7 weeks later and she's still breech. I haven't had another ultrasound yet but I can tell based on hiccups where her head is. Actually, yesterday, I felt hiccups by my right ribs and I was so disappointed that she's still breech. The later in the evening, I felt hiccups by my left hipbone- wtf! Which made me think she' flipped to head down but wasn't engaged at all. Then I felt them high up on the left side after that. Sooo....she's all over the place. I think she's doing 360s. If she can move that well in there, she better get her little body into headdown ASAP.

I've had some tightening every evening but right now (9:30 AM) I just had a really big one that felt "real"- painful tightening, period cramping. So I have no idea what my body is doing but I just pray she's in the right position when I go into labor.

Also, I don't feel any crowding around my ribs! I remember feeling that way from my sons feet last pregnancy but even though I feel big, I feel like she has a ton of room.

I honestly don't know if this baby is breech still or not! The last scan I had was at 19 weeks, when he/she was "butt down," but I don't know about now. I have an ultrasound on March 14, so I guess I'll find out then!

Does anyone else feel uncomfortably huge? I'm tall, but still feel like the bump is taking over my whole body. Last night was the first night I had trouble getting off the couch... like physically standing up. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->