~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

You girls are all lucky that you get learn how dilated/effaced you are. Over here, there's no internals til after 40w & even then they are pretty sparse with them for infection reasons.

I still do not have a new niece. My poor sister has been stuck in a very slow early labour since Wed afternoon :cry: I feel so sorry for her. She's struggling to get any decent amount of sleep & is just in limbo waiting for the real thing to kick in :( Her contractions get up to 5 mins apart then just die out again for a few hours before starting again. I hope that established labour kicks in soon for her or they induce her to put her out of her misery :(

Poor thing!! I hope the baby is here soon! I'm worried I'll be in her shoes since I've been contracting a bit here and there, I don't want to get stuck in labor limbo where it's not the "real" thing.

My doctors office is doing group b strep tomorrow and I'm not sure if they are doing internal checks. They also mentioned checking baby for headdown but that they may wait til 37 weeks. :shrug: I really hope she's headdown but I've been getting consistently low hiccups so I'm not sure.

My sister's baby girl eventually arrived at 5.45pm on Saturday weighing 7lb 11oz. I don't go into the details as we approach the end but suffice to say that she didn't have a good time of it at all :cry:

After a busy weekend involving quite a bit of walking, I'm in pain with my pelvis again today :( DS just got upset cos I couldn't manage to sit down on the floor to play with his trains. We compromised by putting a track on a low table so I could stay sat down to play but I still feel so guilty that I can't do everything with him that he wants just when he really needs my full attention before baby arrives :cry:

I had my 34 week appointment with the midwife on friday and measuring 3 weeks behind (32cm at 34+6)! Going to the consultant clinic on thursday to have everything checked out. On one hand I KNOW everything will be fine, but on the other hand I can't stop worrying about all the possibilities! Baby is very active, head down, and a lovely strong HB! My BP was great, urine clear, no swelling, no heartburn, no backache, no pelvic pain, no new stretch marks (started 34 weeks with DS1), no shortness of breath, my boobs aren't sore, no problems sleeping, no constipation, no 'waddle'! I don't even need to pee more! I practically don't feel pregnant except the big kicks! I am getting some weird pregnancy dreams, and noticing BH a bit more though!

Anyone else measuring small?

I measured spot on with DS1 until 38 weeks when I measured 37cm!

I used to love it when people were surprised at my small bump, but now I am so paranoid! Pic from this morning! (35+2)

Attachments

• 20140310_075100_zps0f47a436.jpg
    20140310_075100_zps0f47a436.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 6
Reno- I've been measuring behind since 28 weeks. I was furthest back at my 34 week appointment, barely measuring at 31cm. Last week at my 36 week he had caught up a bit and was measuring at 34cm. My doctor said that the measurement is really not a good indicator because a lot of it is dependent on how the baby is positioned at the time (mine has been transverse pretty much the whole time and then finally flipped head down at the 36 week appt). She said as long as he continues to grow each week then she is not concerned and he could just be a small baby (though if he had fallen any further back than 3 weeks I would have been sent for a scan).

I am right there with you with people commenting on how small I am and how there is "no way you are due in 3 weeks! Are you sure about the date?" Just know that for most people it doesn't come from a mean place or trying to get you to worry... they just don't understand how worrisome a too small bump can be or what it could indicate. It sounds like your doctors are on top of it and it will be really reassuring for you to SEE that everything is fine with your LO.

As impossible as it is (and I'm right here with you!), try not to worry or stress too much... I'm sure he is just fine in there and I hope you can get the reassurances that you need :hugs:

Reno- I've been measuring behind since 28 weeks. I was furthest back at my 34 week appointment, barely measuring at 31cm. Last week at my 36 week he had caught up a bit and was measuring at 34cm. My doctor said that the measurement is really not a good indicator because a lot of it is dependent on how the baby is positioned at the time (mine has been transverse pretty much the whole time and then finally flipped head down at the 36 week appt). She said as long as he continues to grow each week then she is not concerned and he could just be a small baby (though if he had fallen any further back than 3 weeks I would have been sent for a scan).

I am right there with you with people commenting on how small I am and how there is "no way you are due in 3 weeks! Are you sure about the date?" Just know that for most people it doesn't come from a mean place or trying to get you to worry... they just don't understand how worrisome a too small bump can be or what it could indicate. It sounds like your doctors are on top of it and it will be really reassuring for you to SEE that everything is fine with your LO.

As impossible as it is (and I'm right here with you!), try not to worry or stress too much... I'm sure he is just fine in there and I hope you can get the reassurances that you need :hugs:

Thanks! <3

I was measuring 26cm at 25+6, and haven't seen the midwife since so I guess she's just erring on the side of caution as instead of seeing me at 28 weeks, she sent me for bloods as I was in for bloods that week anyway (low platelets)! I can tell the baby is getting bigger and stronger, but my uterus hasn't seemed to grow much lately, it's at most 2 inches above my belly button (and I'm tall and slim, so up is really the only way for him to grow)! Just can't imagine a 6lb baby in there! I look at pics of 35 week babies born and think...NO WAY! my baby is not that big, surely! lol!

I don't think anyone has a clue about how commenting on the size of your baby bump makes you feel! I know they mean well, usually trying to "compliment" us when say you're so small, etc. but it is a very scary thought that something might be wrong! I get both comments- you're so huge and you're so small. Both are worrying and I just want to smack them. Even the doctor's office will say things like that- and they know I'm measuring exactly right on. :shrug:

I've had several friends measure little- two in particular, both were little girls who are perfect now! Both born a bit early because they weren't growing well enough for the docs (at 36 weeks, each) but both are adorable and incredibly smart! They are both still tiny, too- just seems like that is the way they are!! Maybe your baby is just a little one! Good luck! :hugs:

I don't think anyone has a clue about how commenting on the size of your baby bump makes you feel! I know they mean well, usually trying to "compliment" us when say you're so small, etc. but it is a very scary thought that something might be wrong! I get both comments- you're so huge and you're so small. Both are worrying and I just want to smack them. Even the doctor's office will say things like that- and they know I'm measuring exactly right on. :shrug:

I've had several friends measure little- two in particular, both were little girls who are perfect now! Both born a bit early because they weren't growing well enough for the docs (at 36 weeks, each) but both are adorable and incredibly smart! They are both still tiny, too- just seems like that is the way they are!! Maybe your baby is just a little one! Good luck! :hugs:

I certainly wouldn't mind an early delivery (but if there is a problem hopefully we can hold off to 37 weeks)! Certainly a lighter baby would decrease y chances of tearing badly again! We've had two gender scans, both blue...so hopefully the fact they were both girls was just coincidence! haha! We'll only take white clothes to hospital anyway! :haha:

ETA: I'm 5'10" and DH is 6'0", so we're expecting a bigish baby! DS1 is long and skinny, weighed 7lb 9oz when born at 40+2!

I know it's SO hard not to worry, but measurements are just an estimation. If your midwife isn't super concerned, I wouldn't be either. With DD#1 I always measure a couple of weeks behind, and she was born at 38 weeks weighing 7lbs4oz. :D I had a ton of those, "but you're so TINY!" comments. Now, on my 4th, I don't get those anymore... :haha: I certainly look my number of weeks this time around!

Im having my baby tomorrow!!!!!!!! So excited! Hoping the c section goes smoothly and this anterior placenta previa doesn't cause any issues.
Wish me luck!!

Im having my baby tomorrow!!!!!!!! So excited! Hoping the c section goes smoothly and this anterior placenta previa doesn't cause any issues.
Wish me luck!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can not wait to see pictures of your little beauty! Good luck at your c-section tomorrow, you will do great!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Wish me luck!!

Woohoo!! Good luck and congrats! :happydance::happydance:

Wish me luck!!

Good luck!

Hope everythings ok sazzle :hugs:

Ive had such pain today at the bottom of my bump. A nap helped and I took some paracetamol. TMI ALERT- ive had soft stools constantly over the weekend as well, Im sure my bodies clearing itself out for labour xx

I have had major diarrhea!! With my son it was just soft stools but this time is run to the bathroom, emergency, diarrhea. It's not constant but it will last all evening or all morning, etc.

Good luck with the csection! Our April babies are coming!!!

yay!!! good luck and congratulations!! can't wait to see pictures!!

Wish me luck!!

Wow! Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly. Looking forward to hearing about it :)

Eeeeeek! The April babies will start coming thick & fast now! Where has the time gone?!

sazzleR- doesn't it feel like we got our :bfp: yesterday?! I can't believe we have reached the labor point in our pregnancies.

Urgh. I have my first swollen ankle of this pregnancy :( Thanks to a full day on my feet teaching. Got my feet up now but hoping it goes down & isn't a permanent feature from now on. Don't you just love the last few weeks?! :dohh:

Haha, me too... but only my right ankle! It's too weird. My left one looks normal, and my right one gets a HUGE line from my sock... :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->