~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Sorry to hear about the bed rest, Brenn. Hope you make it a while longer yet!

Wamommy, I definitely feel huge and breathless already, but annoyingly people keep telling me I'm still not that big. So either they are just flat out lying to my face to try to make me feel better b/c I'm truly huge, or I still have a lot of growing to do, noooo.....

Baby is head down for sure, but doesn't feel engaged. Hiccups are always very low on my left side. I feel pretty beat up too because it doesn't seem like babe ever stays still. Lots of pokes and prods and kicks to ribs and cervix (ouch!).

Honestly, I'm just tired. I'd love to take a nap during the day, but I know if I did (which I couldn't during work week anyhow), I just wouldn't sleep as well at night. And the only way I'm able to sleep through the pelvic girdle pain at night is to fall into bed exhausted!

i have no idea which position my baby is in. One week baby was breech the next it wasnt. My doctor said they dont start to worry about posistion till 37weeks

Does anyone else feel uncomfortably huge? I'm tall, but still feel like the bump is taking over my whole body. Last night was the first night I had trouble getting off the couch... like physically standing up. :haha:

Eh, YEAH! I'm massive! So much so that complete strangers tell me so! :blush: I was told that the baby was a normal size & I had a lot of fluid but now apparently the fluid level is normal & the baby is measuring 41w so who knows! All I know is I feel about the size of a blimp. Getting around is next to impossible. I have pain "down below" when I try to get up or sit up from a lying down position & I'm starting to get the odd pain so hopefully he's on his way! :shrug:

:hugs: brenn. Hope your bed rest passes quickly & you're able to last a few more weeks.

wamommy - yep, I feel huge too! I think I'm carrying differently to what I did with DS. I'm more out front & less all round the sides & think that's making me feel bigger. I'm breathless & uncomfortable unless I'm reclined in bed :( 7 more weeks to go :cry:

My sister is in labour!! :D Still early on. She's contracting every 6 mins & they've been steadily increasing since about 5pm. Hope this is it! And very considerate of baby cos tomorrow is my day off! :happydance:

Is there a difference between a regular ultrasound where the consultant takes a measurement (just of head) & a growth scan? I know the weights can be off but my bump is HUGE too! I was told previously that it was mostly fluid but not anymore apparently! :shrug:

Sorry to hear you're stuck on bed rest! Hope she sticks in there for another while! :thumbup:

My understanding is that a growth scan is to measure several different indicators of growth, so that would be different from just a head measurement. Every woman carries differently, though so a huge bump isn't necessarily an indicator of a big baby. I have a huge bump and yet we're measuring spot on everywhere except she is taller than average apparently :shrug: We have not had a growth scan in the third tri, though- that was from our anatomy scan. My belly measures right on, too, even though all I get when people see me are exclamations of how huge it is.

I really think you know what is best for you and baby, though. Just go with what feels right for you two :hugs:

Is there a difference between a regular ultrasound where the consultant takes a measurement (just of head) & a growth scan? I know the weights can be off but my bump is HUGE too! I was told previously that it was mostly fluid but not anymore apparently! :shrug:

Sorry to hear you're stuck on bed rest! Hope she sticks in there for another while! :thumbup:

My understanding is that a growth scan is to measure several different indicators of growth, so that would be different from just a head measurement. Every woman carries differently, though so a huge bump isn't necessarily an indicator of a big baby. I have a huge bump and yet we're measuring spot on everywhere except she is taller than average apparently :shrug: We have not had a growth scan in the third tri, though- that was from our anatomy scan. My belly measures right on, too, even though all I get when people see me are exclamations of how huge it is.

I really think you know what is best for you and baby, though. Just go with what feels right for you two :hugs:

Yeah, one measurement is not accurate, even the three they typically take are not super accurate when used to determine size. My boy's head was 2 weeks ahead of his gestation at 32 weeks, if that was all they used, then he would be huge! But, the other measurements were on par, his head probably pulled all of his measurements (EFW and EDC) up when the machine calculated them. Don't stress yet!

Thanks brenn & azure! I think I was being overly emotional yesterday & stressing out. I cried it out when DH came home & made a show of myself! :haha: Today I'm looking forward to my next appointment to get more information. Although hopefully LO will be here by then instead! :happydance: Hope you ladies are both keeping well :hugs:

Update for today - Pretty good today. Had an increased amount of cm today but don't know if that means anything? Been bouncing on my ball more for the past few days so I had a fair amount of period like cramps last night & a few pains but nothing more. My lower back is SO sore. My Mam reckons my bump has dropped - maybe that ties in with the back pain?

Well ladies, I have got some serious pressure and stretching pains down there, I got several stretchy pains while laying in bed and they have continued. I went from no pressure to some pretty decent pressure overnight, but I need this kid to stay inside a few more days. Just standing gives me period cramps and BH, so I am relaxing for now.

Hey ladies! Sounds like everyone is getting closer and closer! I had my ultrasound today and he is not breech! His head is down and there isn't much room for him to move so he should be staying there haha! He is only 5.25 pounds which is the 40% percentile and they want him in the 50th but they said it's no worries!

Mony-I have the exact same feelings and they said he was head down and engaged so you should be fine!!

Can't wait to see some birth announcements soon!!!

Well ladies, I have got some serious pressure and stretching pains down there, I got several stretchy pains while laying in bed and they have continued. I went from no pressure to some pretty decent pressure overnight, but I need this kid to stay inside a few more days. Just standing gives me period cramps and BH, so I am relaxing for now.

I've had this to the last couple of days, especially when walking, I want her in till 37 weeks though but I am hoping my bodies gearing up for labour. Make sure you relax :flower:

Hope your sisters labour went well Sazzle! What did she have?

xx

Great news amcole!! Glad he flipped around for you!!

I need this baby to stay in a couple more weeks at least! The closer to April the better. Have been starting to get more frequent BHs and more pressure so I guess I'll see next week if I'm progressing any or if he'll stay snuggled up for a bit longer :)

Yay, Amcole!! :happydance: You must be so relieved! I'm glad he's stuck head down now. :haha:

Azure, I've been having some pretty crazily strong BH lately, as well as pressure and cramping below my bump and around to my lower back. It was so bad last night that I almost called my Dr, but then it inexplicably let up around 10pm. :shrug: I think my body is gearing up EXTRA early this time. If I remember right from my last baby, I thought "It's got to be any day now based on how much pressure and pain I feel!" for a few weeks before he actually came. :dohh:

It sounds like a lot of us are gearing up pretty early for labor! I keep thinking she is either going come early or be late :haha:

More cramping, about 20 or so BHs per day with one or two of them sometimes feeling like legitimate contractions, with period cramping and being painful while wrapping around my belly to my back. I am definitely feeling better these last two days since being on bedrest, with less cramping, less contractions and generally feeling less tired. I would love this little lady to actually make it to April!! :happydance:

I definitely feel better reading on here about how several other ladies are having symptoms like this! :hugs:

FMLA got approved today! YAY!!! Last day is March 28th, IF baby hold on that long.

I was losing pretty big bits of mucus plug yesterday and having period like cramps. The ball seems to be moving him really low down because the pressure is insane. Both my last two were not early, so he will probably wait for the section on April 1st.

Thanks ladies! Have you guys been told how effaced you are or dilated? I get the bstrep test Monday I was wondering if they would do a pelvic exam then and check!

I was told my dilation and effacement but it wasn't a routine check, PTL worries. They may have checked me at my regular 36 or 37 week checkup, but definitely not before that! Every doc and office does it differently, though because my group b test isn't until Monday past 36 weeks anyway.

I had the b strep check earlier this week and she did the pelvic at the same time..1 cm dilated 50% effaced...should be getting one weekly going forward!

OOH Awesome!!! I kinda want to know if I am anything lol I will only be 35 weeks when I do the test but I figured they could at least check when they are down there hahaha

I usually start getting checked for effacement and dilation at 36 weeks. My OB said she's afraid poking around any earlier than that may cause early labor.

ya my doc says they dont start checking dilation till 37weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->