~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Yes!!! Baby is head down :happydance: My home birth is looking like it's on :D I'm measuring 2cm ahead but the midwife said they don't worry about that amount. Heart rate was 136 so I'm guessing :blue: still :(

Great news workin! Definitely seems like you're getting close!

Brenn- its so interesting to see the differences in doctors opinions from office to office! Good luck with the bedreat! Hopefully your LO will stay put for a couple more weeks!

I'm off to the doctors in a couple hours...hoping to have some progression from my last appointment with all of the pressure, pains and cramping from yesterday...buy we shall see! Baby is really high in my ribs today so my guess is he's going to stay put for a few more weeks lol

Sazzle-How exciting to do a home birth! Have you done it natural before? This is my first and I want to do it naturally and just wondering if you have any advice? We took the childbirth education classes and we actually practice breathing and different positions on the ball and without the ball at home. We also have relaxing music and a hand-held massager. But any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

KKy-Aww good luck, let us know how it goes! you might drop overnight one day!

SazzleR, woohoo for head down!!

Amcole, my 3 babies were all born drug-free, and my only advice is this: When you feel like you can't do it and you want to quit/give up, you're almost there! If you can get through that one "I'm going to die" moment, you're golden. :D Also, don't lie on your back to labor. I found hands and knees or bending over something worked best for me. It took the pressure off of my back. 2 of my 3 were also facing the wrong way, and the Doctors correctly told me that they'd flip at the last minute if I were on all 4s. :)

Just got back from the doctor...dilated to 2cm and still 50% effaced!! So made some good progress! Baby is still head down (he did a circle earlier in the week so I was happy to know he made his way back where he was supposed to be!) Still measuring behind but thats okay because he's grown consistently. One more weekend worth of things to do and we will be ready to go!

Had our ultrasound today, things look good. His head and abdomen are ahead and his legs are behind by two weeks, poor kid is going to be so funny looking! :) The tech says he is a fiesty baby, very reactive. The fluid levels look good, she couldn't get a good picture of my cervix because my bladder wasn't full enough, but I felt like I had to pee! I think this little guy just is so low I can't fill it very much anymore. His weight is estimated at 6 lb 14 oz.

our scan, not good! head measuring 35w, tummy measuring 31w and low fluid which points to the placenta starting to fail, as if low blood flow meaning his brain is getting priority but rest of him is loosing out! his kidneys aren't up to speed as a result so he's not peeing, hence the low fluid! been admitted straight away and section or induction within the next few days! so unprepared! had two traces and looking normal there, so hoping for induction if they think he is strong enough for it! estimated 4lb 6oz

Reno :hugs: I hope baby is doing well and you have a safe delivery. At least they caught it and you know rather than not knowing and having serious issues.

thanks! just want him out safely now! they'd like to get to 36 weeks! will update when I can!

:hugs::hugs: I'm glad they were able to catch this now so they can take him when they need to. Praying that things go smoothly for you and that your little guy comes out just perfect!

Prayers your way Reno! Hoping and praying for a healthy little man soon!

Reno-Like everyone else is saying at least they caught it right away. My best friend has similar issues and she did deliver her baby naturally and he was barely 5 pounds. He is now 9 months and very happy and healthy! So you will be ok but still sending prayers and hugs your way!

KK-awesome already 2 cm and 50% effaced!! Hopefully it wont be long for you now!!

our scan, not good! head measuring 35w, tummy measuring 31w and low fluid which points to the placenta starting to fail, as if low blood flow meaning his brain is getting priority but rest of him is loosing out! his kidneys aren't up to speed as a result so he's not peeing, hence the low fluid! been admitted straight away and section or induction within the next few days! so unprepared! had two traces and looking normal there, so hoping for induction if they think he is strong enough for it! estimated 4lb 6oz

I am thinking of you Reno! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Good luck, Reno! :hugs: I'm so glad they were able to catch it and can help him come safely into the world! I can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous new little one. :)

That sounds scary, Reno! Seems like you're staying calm and handling it- good luck and I'm thinking of you!!

Reno - Thinking of you. You're in the right place anyways. I'm sure all will go well :hugs:

SazzleR - That's amazing news! You must be so thrilled! :happydance:

kksy9b - Sounds like you're making great progress! :thumbup:

AFM - Nothing to report. Lots of pressure in lower bump but don't think that means anything. Only other thing is that I'm exhausted today but again doubt it means anything. Hoping to get a good bit done around the house this weekend (meaning roping DH in to help!) so hopefully that might help bring something on. Otherwise have my next appointment this day next week where we'll be discussing possibly having a C section due to his size. :coffee:

Oh no :( Huge :hugs: Reno. So glad you had a scan & know what's happening before it got any worse. Wishing you the best of luck for a swift delivery & a healthy little baby.

Glad your scan was positive, azure :thumbup:

Sazzle-How exciting to do a home birth! Have you done it natural before? This is my first and I want to do it naturally and just wondering if you have any advice? We took the childbirth education classes and we actually practice breathing and different positions on the ball and without the ball at home. We also have relaxing music and a hand-held massager. But any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

I can't say I did it 'natural' strictly speaking last time as I had gas & air (can't believe you US girls don't that stuff cos it's amazing for taking the edge off!) between 8cm & 10cm but did all the rest & stage 2 drug free. I just needed something to help me through that awful transition phase! I agree with wamommy that when you feel like you honestly can't do it you need to focus on being nearly there. Breathing techniques definitely helped & I'd recommend staying on your feet & moving around as much as possible :thumbup: I was on all fours or stood with one knee up on the bed the while time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->