~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Well it is DH's spring break, now to get baby out! I had 2 short rounds of false labor yesterday, so here is to hoping that cleaning and shopping today brings on true labor. I am so ready to meet this little guy! And...if not, I have my appointment tomorrow to check progress.

Well it is DH's spring break, now to get baby out! I had 2 short rounds of false labor yesterday, so here is to hoping that cleaning and shopping today brings on true labor. I am so ready to meet this little guy! And...if not, I have my appointment tomorrow to check progress.

Crossing my fingers for you that your little guy makes an appearance.

azure how long is he on break? that would be perfect timing...you are SOOOOOOOOo closE. so babydancing that may help

So we are team green and just this past week I have now had two dream about having a baby girl. crazy huh

I just got back from my ob appointment. I am still 0 dilated and 0 effaced. Baby is measuring ahead when they checked my belly, so I have a growth ultrasound on Thursday. It's looking like I definitely won't be having a vba2c, but that baby will most likely stay in until the c-section on the first.

Yay for everyone getting so close!! I can't wait to see more baby pics!

I gardened for an hour this afternoon. Big mistake! I feel like I'm going to pass out from all of the squatting up and down. :dohh:

Hope baby cooperates, azure, and appears whilst your DH is off work. Come on baby!

Sorry to hear about your fading VBAC chances, momof :hugs: Get trying all the labour inducement tricks over this next week!

I've had awful heart burn all day today :( I wish baby would move into my pelvis so I can have some stomach & lung space back!!

So sorry momofone. :hugs:

I had an OB appt today, everything the same- 3 cm and 60%. Induction scheduled for April 10 but they think she will come before on her own.

azure how long is he on break? that would be perfect timing...you are SOOOOOOOOo closE. so babydancing that may help

He goes back Monday, so one week. And we DTD last night, but, tmi, DH couldn't leave anything behind, it was almost as if things were too tight for that. I felt around to see what was up, and holy cow his head is low!

Had my week 36 prenatal exam today and the doctor said I'm 2-3 cm dilated already. I had my first at 36+4 so she told me to take it easy as you want boys to cook as long as possible. I'm really hoping to make it to 37 weeks (next Monday). My mom booked a flight into town on Saturday so she can watch our dog and daughter while we're at the hospital. The doctor said she didn't think I would be pregnant more then another week and a half to two weeks. It is now starting to get real!

So happy to see people are making progress!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that everyone has a great delivery whether it's vaginal or c-section, induced or not!

I saw my doctor today. Holy crap I was not expecting the internal to hurt as much as it did, I'm normally not squeamish or too sensitive down there during exams at all so it was weird for it to hurt so bad. I had to hold the nurses hand! Definitely making hubs come for the next appointment so I can break his hand instead, ha. They did my strep swab too so we shall see about that.

I'm not dilated at all but I'm 50% effaced, at -3 station and baby is vertex and engaged. The doctor said he didn't feel comfortable predicting when I'll go into actual labor but that baby is "locked and loaded" and with a first pregnancy and birth it really could happen at any time. I've read the not dilating thing despite my false labor is also super common for FTMs so I'm just trying to relax about it all.

My doctor also said in one of the rooms they've nearly completed a renovation where it has a laboring tub and should be available some time next week. The prospect of maybe getting a room with a jet tub to labor in is making me think maybe it won't be so bad to wait till I'm 38+ to pop, haha.

Hi Ladies,

So, I went to my doctor yesterday to follow up on the bleed I had last weekend. He is concerned about me going into labor on my own and having issues with bleeding, so he wants to move up my C-section. They want to schedule it for April 10th, when I will only be 37 + 2! That is only 16 days away, so I am suddenly very nervous, and feeling super rushed. My daughter came naturally when my water broke at 37 weeks exactly, and she was perfect. However, I can't help but be nervous that it's too early for a section. Any thoughts/reassurance?

Hi Ladies,

So, I went to my doctor yesterday to follow up on the bleed I had last weekend. He is concerned about me going into labor on my own and having issues with bleeding, so he wants to move up my C-section. They want to schedule it for April 10th, when I will only be 37 + 2! That is only 16 days away, so I am suddenly very nervous, and feeling super rushed. My daughter came naturally when my water broke at 37 weeks exactly, and she was perfect. However, I can't help but be nervous that it's too early for a section. Any thoughts/reassurance?

:hugs::hugs:
Don't be nervous hun. I know that's easier said than done. A 37 week baby will be perfect. The Dr. is definitely doing what is best for both of you. This will be my third c-section so if you have any questions or anything, I'd be happy to help.

My best advice is to keep busy these next 2 weeks. It really helps with the nervousness. :hugs:

I'm so sorry you're nervous, Caitlin. :hugs: I know it's hard when plans keep changing and it's out of your hands! I would trust the doctors, though, and I know that they'll do what's ultimately best for your LO. April 10th is an awesome birthday, btw. :) I've been secretly hoping for that date over here!! (It was my favorite grandmother's birthday)

Also, all 3 of my kids were born at 38 weeks and were all big and healthy. I'm sure at 37 weeks yours will be the same! I'm selfishly excited to meet him/her!!

I'm so sorry you're nervous, Caitlin. :hugs: I know it's hard when plans keep changing and it's out of your hands! I would trust the doctors, though, and I know that they'll do what's ultimately best for your LO. April 10th is an awesome birthday, btw. :) I've been secretly hoping for that date over here!! (It was my favorite grandmother's birthday)

Also, all 3 of my kids were born at 38 weeks and were all big and healthy. I'm sure at 37 weeks yours will be the same! I'm selfishly excited to meet him/her!!

I want April 10 too! :haha: it's actually my due date and my scheduled induction date but doctor is guessing she will be here sooner. My only reason is because my son was born on 8-4-12- so month and day = year. If my daughter is born on 4-10-14 she will do the same thing- (month (4) + day (10) = year (14)). Kinda silly reason but I thought it was cool!

I want April 10 too! :haha: it's actually my due date and my scheduled induction date but doctor is guessing she will be here sooner. My only reason is because my son was born on 8-4-12- so month and day = year. If my daughter is born on 4-10-14 she will do the same thing- (month (4) + day (10) = year (14)). Kinda silly reason but I thought it was cool!

i secretly want April 20th even though there is no way i can patiently wait that long! my due date is April 27th but i was born 10/20 and DH was born 11/20 so it would be cool to have her come 4/20 :). but again im so impatient :dohh:

:hugs: caitlenc. Don't be nervous. 16 days is plenty of time to do all the last minute sorting you need to do. Plus you get to meet baby waaaay earlier than executed which is just exciting! :)

I don't have a specific birthday in mind. It just can't be 20th April or 1st May (DS & my bdays). Any other day is fine. Due date or before would be even better! I don't want to go more than a week over again. That was torture!

I've been told by my Mom that I can't have the baby the week before Easter (April 14th-20th) because it's Holy Week and she can't leave work to come to the birth or to help out after. She's a pastor, so I get it... but that would stink! My OB also informed me that SHE'LL be gone the week after Easter... :dohh: She's been my OB for all of my babies and has yet to deliver one! So all things considered I'm hoping for the baby to come anytime before April 14th. The 10th would be amazing, though! Especially considering it's measuring 2 weeks ahead.

Well 2 cm with a bulging sac, so time for some more activity! I feel you ladies on when the baby should come, my DH is off until Monday, but my mom has all of next week off and wants next week to be the lucky one...ugh...baby chooses, I wish I could choose, but it doesn't work that way. I am so ready for this baby!

I keep hearing stories of family members demanding we keep our babies in/spit them out on specific dates. :haha: TOO BAD! ;)

I even heard one story where a girl's FIL was actually really serious and told her he would be very disappointed with her if she had the baby during his vacation...:shock:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->