~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

So, after my exam today I had some spotting, but just had a huge stretchy mucusy blood clot thing come out. It surprised me, so my question is that normal due to irritation after being checked or is it possibly something more? I am so confused!

That sounds like your bloody show! Labor may start in the next 24 (maybe it was 48?) hours. I actually was looking through past posts of mine about labor with my son, and after being checked internally, I had brown spotting and a tiny clot and was trying to figure out if it was my bloody show. The very next day I had bright bleeding and my real show.

That sounds like your bloody show! Labor may start in the next 24 (maybe it was 48?) hours. I actually was looking through past posts of mine about labor with my son, and after being checked internally, I had brown spotting and a tiny clot and was trying to figure out if it was my bloody show. The very next day I had bright bleeding and my real show.

I sure hope so! We will see what happens. :)

Had my home assessment for my home birth today & all go on that front :happydance: Baby just needs to turn up before I go too far over & need inducing now.

Pesky baby is laid on its side at the minute. It had best roll over soon and onto to it's tummy, not it's back to make things easier for mummy! The head is teetering around my pelvis too which I'm happy with considering most second babies don't engage until labour starts. Daren't hope I'll be early but hoping it's a good sign for not being too overdue!

Ooh, Azure keep us posted!! Good luck. :)

SazzleR, it sounds like we're in the same boat! I had an OB appointment yesterday who said I'm 1 cm dilated, which means nothing because apparently if you've had babies vaginally before you're always 1cm dilated. :dohh: She also said the baby is head down but "floating," so not engaged at all. They usually don't even do cervical checks until 37 weeks at my OB, but I've been having SUCH intense BH that she wanted to make sure nothing was going on. It's not... lol. It turns out they're just painful and accomplishing nothing! :haha:

So.. had my baby shower on Saturday and feel so blessed. We got so much stuff (over 1500 diapers of all sizes). Sunday and Monday I had my mom over and we got my son's room completely set up and decorated. All of his clothes are washed and put away.... only thing left is to install car seat and pack hospital bag. Have my 36 week appt tomorrow and hoping there is some progress. My last appt my cervix was closed. I have been having BH and had (what I think) was an actual contraction last night... nothing too regular though....I can't believe how quick time is flying and that I only have 13 days of work left....so ready to meet my son!!!!

Looks like it was, two more stretchy globs of very pink mucus this morning and his head is so low I could barely get my finger in my vagina...

Azure- yay!! Thinking of you and hoping you are getting ready to hit active labor!

AFM, I have an appointment in about an hour so really hoping for more progress! This baby is just hanging in there but I'm ready to meet him!

wa, I've heard the same on the 1cm dilation. Won't be pleased if they tell me at my 40 week appointment that I'm only 1 or 2cm :nope:

Sounds promising, azure. Keep us posted!

Hope you get good news tomorrow, kksy :)

Ah darn, the 1 cm thing makes my 3 cms seem less special! :haha: sounds like things are starting for some of you! :happydance: I desperately want my little girl to wait til April but I'm also so excited to meet her! I've had nonstop BMs all day. It's weird too because they start to feel like an "emergency" out of nowhere. Hope it's a clear out so I don't poop during labor. :haha:

Sigh...no progression...still 3cm dilated, 50% effaced. But it seems like everything is in place, just need it to get going! Weight estimate from ultrasound last week came back at 6 lbs 6 oz...i know that they aren't completely accurate but it seems like this one is going to be a little guy!(who won't fit into his cloth diapers :dohh:)

kksy- aww im sorry. at least everythings in position for launch! do u have an exercise ball to bounce on or perhaps u can do a couple sets of squats a day? i heard those can be a big help :flower:. and will your doc strip you membranes?

Aww don't worry! My friend was literally like 1 cm and maybe 25% effaced when she went to her docs, and then 4 days later she had her baby!!! Her body just jumped!! So that could be you too! But like the other ladies said, walking or the exercise ball helps!!!

I just went in yesterday and I am 1 cm dilated and 70% effaced! I am guessing I am not making it to the 14th and that is ok with me lol! My baby will be a little small too! He might make 7 pounds, he was measuring like 5.25 at 35 weeks!

Sigh...no progression...still 3cm dilated, 50% effaced. But it seems like everything is in place, just need it to get going! Weight estimate from ultrasound last week came back at 6 lbs 6 oz...i know that they aren't completely accurate but it seems like this one is going to be a little guy!(who won't fit into his cloth diapers :dohh:)

Thanks ladies! Feeling a lot better about it today. My DH was very reassuring last night and pointed out that I'm not even to my due date yet. So I'm just going to enjoy these last few days at home without baby and be patient for him to come when he's ready!

I do have an exercise ball to bounce on but I'm tall and its kind of short so it doesn't work to well... last time turned into a "help! i can't get up" situation lol. Have been taking walks every day though, which has been nice. I might have to try the squats! And my GBS came back positive so no sweep for me, but like I said, I'm going to *try* and be more patient and just let him come in his own time!

Good luck, momofone! :)

kksy9b, don't worry about no progression! A lot of people don't progress until labor. I'd try walking and walking, OR do what my Mom always suggests... rest! I wish I'd listened with the other babies. Labor and birth (and after!) are exhausting, so giving your body a few extra days of pampering and rest may be better in the long run. :) This is, of course, very easy for me to say at 35 weeks. When I'm 39 it will be a different story, I'm sure!

Thanks wamommy! I'm taking advantage of that advice today.... its cold and rainy out and I have no where to be and nothing to do... so just laying around the house for a bit :)

I went into labor with my first after waking from a long luxurious nap. :haha: Actually contractions woke me up out of sleep. And I'm so glad I took a nap because I didn't sleep until over 24 hours later. I was running on adrenaline after his birth anyway, though. :)

KK...how come they dont do the sweep with a + strep B?

As for me had my 37 week appt yesterday. Dr was concernced about my bl pressure again. It wasnt even that high, it was like 144ish over 80ish BUT I am normally like 110/60-120/70 so yes it is elevated but not crazy and I had literally just walked 7 blocks in the wind uphill to the appt. My BlPress was elevated at 34weeks as well so maybe that was why she was more concerned.

Anyway she said she wouldnt send me to the hospital to be checked as long as I check it daily at home and call it its high(im a nurse) I told her I would but also said I think my bl pressure was artificially elevated b/c of the walk uphill and then shes like okay well just continue to check your blood pressure at home and let us know but also "start preparing yourself as though you will be induced 1-2weeks early"

So ya first thing this morning I checked it literally did nothing else except get out of bet to get the cuff and got back in bed to check it.

Ya it was high 144/102 WOW! that is high, but I didnt call the doctor. I am at work now on lunch and gonna relax for a bit and then recheck my BP and see what it is. I feel like I am getting myself more worked up and that it would have been fine if she didnt say anything.

I didn't know they won't sweep for + strep b and I'm positive. Interesting.

So sorry about your BP and hoping you relax enough to bring it down! Your story actually freaks me out a tiny bit because my BP was the same as yours at my last appt and same situation- it's normally quite low for me. But my doctor didn't even care. :shrug: it's like she didn't even notice that even though it wasn't incredibly high, that's considered high for me.

Hoping all is well. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->